No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahhhh, the power of carefully-edited summer workout videos.

Siakam's 1-6 from beyond the arc in 2 games (including a clunker off the side of the backboard....ouch). Might be hard pressed to expect anything more than a 25-30% clip on the season.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Ahhhh, the power of carefully-edited summer workout videos.

Siakam's 1-6 from beyond the arc in 2 games (including a clunker off the side of the backboard....ouch). Might be hard pressed to expect anything more than a 25-30% clip on the season.
      It's why Serge should maintain a safe 25 min a night a job for at least 1 more year
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I don't mind that as much as the 4 turn overs last night. I like the guy's motor but... yikes! The board may be getting ahead of itself...

Comment

• I think the pre season is being used for Pascal to take on a lot more decision making than he will right off the bat in the regular season. The early returns have not been exhilarating, so if he spends a majority of year 3 as more of an energy guy, outlet while fred and delon control things so be it. I think hes still a work in progress and if he doesnt become a very good "point forward" this year it doesn't mean he wont ever become that.

This team is too stacked with too high of goals to let guys make mistakes all year until they figure it out. Pascals time will come, but the beauty is we dont NEED him to take a massive leap. We don't need all of our "ifs" to pan out, just a good chunk of them. For example, IF Kawhi plays like an MVP, and IF Ibaka is hitting shots, we're gonna be scary good most likely. That's the true beauty in depth. Powell blew chunks last year and we didnt miss him one iota
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            I think the pre season is being used for Pascal to take on a lot more decision making than he will right off the bat in the regular season. The early returns have not been exhilarating, so if he spends a majority of year 3 as more of an energy guy, outlet while fred and delon control things so be it. I think hes still a work in progress and if he doesnt become a very good "point forward" this year it doesn't mean he wont ever become that.

This team is too stacked with too high of goals to let guys make mistakes all year until they figure it out. Pascals time will come, but the beauty is we dont NEED him to take a massive leap. We don't need all of our "ifs" to pan out, just a good chunk of them. For example, IF Kawhi plays like an MVP, and IF Ibaka is hitting shots, we're gonna be scary good most likely. That's the true beauty in depth. Powell blew chunks last year and we didnt miss him one iota
            Eh I wouldn't want to give up on Siakam for a while. He could be such a difference maker that I think its worth working through the kinks, especially since Raps can walk over most teams.

Also if the goal is a title, we really do need near all the development we can get.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I think the pre season is being used for Pascal to take on a lot more decision making than he will right off the bat in the regular season. The early returns have not been exhilarating, so if he spends a majority of year 3 as more of an energy guy, outlet while fred and delon control things so be it. I think hes still a work in progress and if he doesnt become a very good "point forward" this year it doesn't mean he wont ever become that.

The other thing to keep in mind is that, we don't actually need Siakim to develop into a "point forward" for him to be a useful member of the rotation. His hustle and energy are already positives. All he needs is a reliable jumper.

In other words, if he turns into a Trevor Ariza (instead of a Draymond), would still be success.

Comment

• I was doubting Pskills a bit. It looks like the jumper isn't there, and it might be a little disappointing when teams clog up the paint, but then he went at Davis tonight like a man and just balled out.

Comment

• damn i wish there were highlights for this game lol can't find any
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I have consistently said that I don't want too many 3's (forced or otherwise) to be hoisted up by guys who shouldn't be shooting 3's, in order to live up to some misguided new-NBA-everybody-hoist-threes mantra

We have enough guys who can legitimately make them without seeing more than the odd one from Siakam, Monroe etc. JV get 2 or 3 heaves every game though 'cause that's just flat out fun lol

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      I have consistently said that I don't want too many 3's (forced or otherwise) to be hoisted up by guys who shouldn't be shooting 3's, in order to live up to some misguided new-NBA-everybody-hoist-threes mantra

We have enough guys who can legitimately make them without seeing more than the odd one from Siakam, Monroe etc. JV get 2 or 3 heaves every game though 'cause that's just flat out fun lol
                      None of the guys shooting three's in games are incapable of shooting over 50% or higher on the practice floor. The problem is doing it in real game time action. How do you get that experience? Shhoting them in real game time action. JV, Pascal, Delon, Norm and whoever else Nurse sees as a p[ossible 3 pt shooter needs to be on the floor getting real reps up whenever it makes sense for them to do so. When the Raps have a big lead, when the players hit their first one, when it is a blowout whenever. Then they will see their %'s go up. You don't get better without trying to get better. And it's no good saying guys who can't shoot shouldn't until they are good at it. All these guys are already good at it in practise. Game time is different. They need reps.

Comment

JV get 2 or 3 heaves every game though 'cause that's just flat out fun lol
                        Wasn't JV shooting like 50% from 3 for a good while last year? I think he finished the season over 40%. JV is a one 3 made per game gunner, just fill it in the box score before the game even starts.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          None of the guys shooting three's in games are incapable of shooting over 50% or higher on the practice floor. The problem is doing it in real game time action. How do you get that experience? Shhoting them in real game time action. JV, Pascal, Delon, Norm and whoever else Nurse sees as a p[ossible 3 pt shooter needs to be on the floor getting real reps up whenever it makes sense for them to do so. When the Raps have a big lead, when the players hit their first one, when it is a blowout whenever. Then they will see their %'s go up. You don't get better without trying to get better. And it's no good saying guys who can't shoot shouldn't until they are good at it. All these guys are already good at it in practise. Game time is different. They need reps.
                          I don't know whether I'm agreeing or disagreeing with you here. Every team should have half the guys who never shoot threes unless garbage time or 3 seconds on the clock, broken play, wide wide open (just to keep the D honest) etc esp-ecially when you're in win mode NOW. In those situations and you can still hit for a decent percentage, move on up. But I still maintain that poor 3 point shooters shouldn't try to get better in-game, in regular circumstances. It costs you wins, changes momentum....

Anyway, I doubt and hope that Siakam and Monroe etc aren't jacking up 6 3's per game when it counts. jmo

Comment

• I think its fair to expect a lot from pascal he has a lot of potential but he was a 27th pick not a first. He went 2/17 in his college career its not easy to just learn how to be a 3 sniper in the nba just like that. A 27th pick PF so chill dudes. He averaged 20 and 12 and 2 blks his last year in college if he can get close to that in a few years sans a 3 that would be super great.

Comment

...Anyway, I doubt and hope that Siakam and Monroe etc aren't jacking up 6 3's per game when it counts. jmo
                              Not going to disagree with you, but I bet Pascal is putting up 100 threes a day. I am happy to see him shoot whenever a teammate passes him the ball when hoe in the corner or beyond the 3pt line at the top of the key. If his teammates have confidence in him, based on what they see going on in practice, that's good enough for me.

Comment

• After summer pickup highlights --- RR: "Siakam is the future! He'll be starting soon! What a point forward! Untouchable!"

After 1 pre-season L where he goes 1-6 from deep with 4 turnovers. ---RR: "Yeah, not sure about Siakam, we were too high on him. Gotta keep Ibaka starting. Wouldn't mind if he was on a package for Butler. Might be just an energy guy"

After 1 pre-season W where he looks good against Davis ---RR: "Siakam is the future! He'll be starting soon! What a point forward! Untouchable!"

We're like cats chasing laser pointers sometimes

Comment

Working...
                                X