Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nope.
    I was amazed people were upset at losing Bismack, when they had a younger better version co ing in, cheaper at that.

So suck it Danny.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
      Nope.
      I was amazed people were upset at losing Bismack, when they had a younger better version co ing in, cheaper at that.

So suck it Danny.

No, that's what I'm saying. If you think Pascal is ANY version of Bismack, that seems like, incredibly wrong. He's fantastic and you would definitely have been right to be happy to have him, but any comparison to Bismack (which was common at the time) was waaaaaaaay off.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Doesn't you thinking that Pascal was some form of Bismack Biyombo sort of undercut your whole "I was right" angle? Siakam is so good because he's proving he is nothing like Biyombo.
        Yeah, I mean I'm willing to admit that I waffled back & forth with Pascal - even debating with you for a while. At first I was super high on Pascal, calling him Amir 2.0, as you recall in his rookie year. And you correctly pointed out that Pascal was killing the offense, especially the way Casey was using him as a stretch big with no shot.

Then I jumped off the bandwagon, when Skal started to look like an NBA player and Pascal was looking like a run-of-the-mill energy big. But Pascal blew that perception away last season with his work ethic and skill improvement that's just continued into this year. He still doesn't have any semblence of a 3-pt shot, but he's found a way to partially compensate for that by putting pressure on the big guarding him to stop his drive, where he can kick out or spin for the finish. Really impressive growth.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Yeah, I mean I'm willing to admit that I waffled back & forth with Pascal - even debating with you for a while. At first I was super high on Pascal, calling him Amir 2.0, as you recall in his rookie year. And you correctly pointed out that Pascal was killing the offense, especially the way Casey was using him as a stretch big with no shot.

Then I jumped off the bandwagon, when Skal started to look like an NBA player and Pascal was looking like a run-of-the-mill energy big. But Pascal blew that perception away last season with his work ethic and skill improvement that's just continued into this year. He still doesn't have any semblence of a 3-pt shot, but he's found a way to partially compensate for that by putting pressure on the big guarding him to stop his drive, where he can kick out or spin for the finish. Really impressive growth.
          I was definitely very "meh" on him at the draft, and in his first year was mostly pissed at his usage which made no sense to me (he really wasn't very good yet). Certainly never saw this incredible development coming from him before last year, and the degree to which he's developed his drive game to cover for his shooting is way beyond even what I could have hoped for last season when he already looked fun and awesome.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• High five to Masai for bringing in the 905'ers. Without having our own G-League team I'd wonder where Pascal would be now? Or Fred for that matter.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              High five to Masai for bringing in the 905'ers. Without having our own G-League team I'd wonder where Pascal would be now? Or Fred for that matter.
              The Bruno pick will forever be worth the ridicule for this reason.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Been sayin it for a while - Siakam is the 3rd best player on this team.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                  Been sayin it for a while - Siakam is the 3rd best player on this team.
                  So far Ibaka playing like our 3rd best followed by Siakam and Green. But I do expect Ibaka productivity to go down to normal

Comment

• It's funny cause a lot of you were hating on him all rookie year
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      It's funny cause a lot of you were hating on him all rookie year
                      Again, we were hating on him starting which he had no business doing at the time.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Probably because he was nothing like the player he is today. Nothing.

Comment

That's because he sucked his rookie year

Comment

• Kawhisexual wrote: View Post
                            Siakam = Giannis 2.0
                            007 wrote: View Post
                            I thought he was Draymond 2.0. Is he both?
                            Magic, Giannis, Draymond, Simmons, Ingram, Siakam....they're all the same player. Have you ever seen them together in one room???

Didn't think so.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              That's because he sucked his rookie year
                              Let him have this one, it was a rough summer
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X