Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Siakam one above LONZO BALL lol
    Considering that most if not all of these players 'games' are well developed having been coached thru AAU, Prep/HS then College and Pro what more are they going to add to their skill-kit? The Europeans have their development programs and various professional leagues. Siakam never really went thru any of that. Since this list is based on future potential, he definitely should be top 10 if not top 5 IMO.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
      Considering that most if not all of these players 'games' are well developed having been coached thru AAU, Prep/HS then College and Pro what more are they going to add to their skill-kit? The Europeans have their development programs and various professional leagues. Siakam never really went thru any of that. Since this list is based on future potential, he definitely should be top 10 if not top 5 IMO.
      It was crazy last night devlin was talking about on the broadcast that siakam might have went top 10 in his draft class. I was thinking he would have went top 2 or 3 if teams knew what he would become. The fact he started at such an old age gives him more room for improvement but it also hurts that hes older then most in his draft class. Maybe that pushes his prime back a bit tho. It not hard to imagine him improving for the next 2-3 season which would mean he would be 27 when he reaches his potential
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Nah, wait till you get a load of March Pascal
        If we even get November Pascal in April, May and June 'we the President now Weezy'.jpeg

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
          It was crazy last night devlin was talking about on the broadcast that siakam might have went top 10 in his draft class. I was thinking he would have went top 2 or 3 if teams knew what he would become. The fact he started at such an old age gives him more room for improvement but it also hurts that hes older then most in his draft class. Maybe that pushes his prime back a bit tho. It not hard to imagine him improving for the next 2-3 season which would mean he would be 27 when he reaches his potential
          Yeah, Simmons still goes first but it's not hard to make an argument Siakam should go above Ingram and Brown. He's definitely not dropping past #4. I think the bolded part acts in his favour. I wonder how much of the old wisdom around age/peak performance needs to be re-evaluated with the advances in training, nutrition, etc. and, if so, you've got a guy who has still about as much high level ball as a lot of college players.

Comment

I put the blame on tatums regression on kyire. He is not a floor general and doesnt create good looks for his team. Tatum was the number 1 option on an ECF team last year. The return of kyrie completely took his game away. If i was him i would either want kyrie gone or be traded to NO.
            Kyrie is a bum.

Comment

• One of the things that really surprises me is his strength. He doesn't get pushed around on the block or in the paint as much as I'd expect for a guy with his frame.

As far as his jumpshot, last year he seemed to have trouble setting his feet consistently.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                Kyrie is a bum.
                With Kyrie, I find myself saying thing like 'with a motivated Kyrie...'. Must be pretty frustrating for the celtics fan that this guy can seem to take over a game when he feels like it... but doesn't. I love it.

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post
                  With Kyrie, I find myself saying thing like 'with a motivated Kyrie...'. Must be pretty frustrating for the celtics fan that this guy can seem to take over a game when he feels like it... but doesn't. I love it.
                  But when he trys to take over the test of the team is left out of the loop. I dont see them fixing this issue unless brad can crack down and get lyrie to buy into a system
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Kyrie is like BJ Penn in MMA.

Comment

But when he trys to take over the test of the team is left out of the loop. I dont see them fixing this issue unless brad can crack down and get lyrie to buy into a system
                      Kyrie reached a state of mind awhile back where he feels hes in the matrix and this all bullshit and he looks out for #1. Brad ain't gonna reach kyrie to buy into the 'celtic way"
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I don't have anything tangible to say, other than that I'm so glad Masai drafted Pascal Siakam. :-)

It gives me hope for our future.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Kyrie reached a state of mind awhile back where he feels hes in the matrix and this all bullshit and he looks out for #1. Brad ain't gonna reach kyrie to buy into the 'celtic way"
                          This is the flip side to the "players getting more leverage" side of things. First off let's not kid ourselves that it's players in general, it's a very small handful of players who are able to hold entire franchises - including all their teammates (who are also players!) and especially the coach - hostage to their uncertain whims about where they actually want to be playing basketball and when. Kyrie can't just walk back his total change in tone from pre-season "Call me Mr. Boston!" to the midway "Yeah I dunno probly somewhere else thx."

How does a team live with their best player doing that in the media in the middle of a season?

They don't.

The talking heads right now about LA: "These young guys just need to be professionals and play ball! The rumours shouldn't be distracting them." Same guys 5 minutes later talking about Celtics vs. Raptors: "We can clearly see how important chemistry is! Toronto has it and Boston doesn't." Hmmmm.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            This is the flip side to the "players getting more leverage" side of things. First off let's not kid ourselves that it's players in general, it's a very small handful of players who are able to hold entire franchises - including all their teammates (who are also players!) and especially the coach - hostage to their uncertain whims about where they actually want to be playing basketball and when. Kyrie can't just walk back his total change in tone from pre-season "Call me Mr. Boston!" to the midway "Yeah I dunno probly somewhere else thx."

How does a team live with their best player doing that in the media in the middle of a season?

They don't.

The talking heads right now about LA: "These young guys just need to be professionals and play ball! The rumours shouldn't be distracting them." Same guys 5 minutes later talking about Celtics vs. Raptors: "We can clearly see how important chemistry is! Toronto has it and Boston doesn't." Hmmmm.
                            Great post. I don't actually know the impact of a key player on your team, that you are supporting and deferring to, announcing that they are considering going to "whatever" team, or asking to be traded to one of a list of three teams. It has to make working with that guy difficult. Are you going to cheer a little bit inside every time they screw up or get ripped in the press?

Bang on about the talking heads. It's been raised before, but bares repeating. I think almost everything they say is calculated to elicit clicks/views. Except for the minority that are going to be read, watched or listened to because what they say is incisive and educational about the sport, most of them seem to count on hyperbole or phony back and forth debates with other talking heads. As bad as pro wrestling.
                            Last edited by Puffer; Thu Feb 28, 2019, 07:54 PM.

Comment

He's a tremendously gifted scorer. But he's full of shit. Calling out teammates that made the ECF and almost the finals without him and hayward, and in public to boot. Total loser...nobody gonna follow a guy like that...they don't need him and they know it. If i was his teammate, i'd be as complacent as that roster looks too...or i'd take him out back somewhere and give him a couple taps across the chin to straighten him out. He can go back to lebron, he needs a leash anyways.

Anyways, best case scenario, ainge dumps the farm for davis, kyrie opts in and a year later they both bolt for LA, leaving the celts with hayward yabasule lol

Comment

• Nurse is talking Siakam on Fan590.

Comment

Working...
                                X