Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    If his efficiency falls Pascal will have to learn to draw fouls ala Derozan. If we build a competitive team around Derozan than we can do it around Siakam. Siakam is not going to lead the team to championship but he just needs to bridge the gap before we get the guy who can.
    But then who do we trade to get the superstar (ie DD for Kawhi)? Because it appears we can't sign one.....you likely need to sign TWO to get one to come here

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

But then who do we trade to get the superstar (ie DD for Kawhi)? Because it appears we can't sign one.....you likely need to sign TWO to get one to come here
      That's for Masai to figure out. Thankfully not my problem.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

That's for Masai to figure out. Thankfully not my problem.
        Where do you think Masai gets his ideas from if not the ranks of RR General Managers?

Comment

Where do you think Masai gets his ideas from if not the ranks of RR General Managers?
          realgm obviously
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Why can't we sign one? Biggest factor is having a star to attract the second star with. Pascal might get there eventually, ideally over the next two seasons. If he doesn't, yeah, we'll need to find another way to get that homegrown star.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Why can't we sign one? Biggest factor is having a star to attract the second star with. Pascal might get there eventually, ideally over the next two seasons. If he doesn't, yeah, we'll need to find another way to get that homegrown star.
              I'm not in the camp that Pascal will become a superstar .... yet. The kind that other superstars would move to play with.

Comment

I'm not in the camp that Pascal will become a superstar .... yet. The kind that other superstars would move to play with.
                Let's revisit this topic in February.

Comment

We've got two years to find out. If he does, great. If he doesn't (and we strike out in 2021 free agency), we've got all the flexibility in the world on where to move from there.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Superstar? Maybe not, but I think he has proven he can be a dependable sidekick to a superstar. He was the second leading scorer on a championship team, and he will continue to get better.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Superstar? Maybe not, but I think he has proven he can be a dependable sidekick to a superstar. He was the second leading scorer on a championship team, and he will continue to get better.
                      Sure, agreed.
                      But, that's not what we're talking about. These days, it appears to attract a superstar, you already need one or else you have to attract two together. I love Pascal but just don't see him developing into that kind of a superstar. Superstars haven't been signing with a team because they have a "sidekick" ....

Comment

Sure, agreed.
                        But, that's not what we're talking about. These days, it appears to attract a superstar, you already need one or else you have to attract two together. I love Pascal but just don't see him developing into that kind of a superstar. Superstars haven't been signing with a team because they have a "sidekick" ....
                        I guess you have to define superstar then.. Paul George is not what you consider a superstar.. neither are Jimmy or Beal or Kyrie IMO . It's a handful of guys in the league like Lebron, Steph, Kawhi and Kevin. You could throw Giannis, Harden and maybe Davis in there. But my point is that you don't need to be a traditional superstar to attract another.

I think Pascal can be an all-nba guy. I think he can be the best player on a decent (but not championship caliber) team. His issue is age. He's already 25.. and by the time he might blossom into a George/Butler type of player.. ie, get to his third contract.. he'll be in his 30's. And that might dissuade some future superstars to want to play with him.

The good thing is that he's not a US born player. Let's just hope his growth curve is more in line to some of these top 15 players as opposed to someone more middling like DeMar or Middleton.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I guess you have to define superstar then.. Paul George is not what you consider a superstar.. neither are Jimmy or Beal or Kyrie IMO . It's a handful of guys in the league like Lebron, Steph, Kawhi and Kevin. You could throw Giannis, Harden and maybe Davis in there. But my point is that you don't need to be a traditional superstar to attract another.
                          PG averaged 28ppg, 8rpg, 4apg, and 2spg, and was an MVP Runner Up ... I think that's Superstar level.

But I also think Pascal has it in him to have a similar trajectory as PG. In their third years, both averaged around 17ppg, 7-8rpg, 3-4apg, and Pascal doing it at a much more efficient rate.
                          Last edited by Joey; Thu Jul 25, 2019, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I think Pascal can be an all-nba guy. I think he can be the best player on a decent (but not championship caliber) team. His issue is age. He's already 25.. and by the time he might blossom into a George/Butler type of player.. ie, get to his third contract.. he'll be in his 30's. And that might dissuade some future superstars to want to play with him.

The good thing is that he's not a US born player. Let's just hope his growth curve is more in line to some of these top 15 players as opposed to someone more middling like DeMar or Middleton.
                            I'm my vocabulary, lebron, Curry, Kawhi, Giannis and Durant are the elite guys. Yes maybe Harden and Davis.
                            After that you have guys that to me are still superstars like George (becuase he's 2-way), Westbrook (because he's not 2-way), Kyrie etc. PG may not be as flashy or get the headlines because of where he played his numbers don't lie.

The elite guys don't necessarily have to team up since there are only so many of them. But the supertars do with them or other superstars.

The jury is still out on Pascal, there's a lot of homerism on him here. I just don't see him becoming elite (so rare that's not a slight on him). Whether he can become a superstar and attract another remains to be seen. He's got a long way to go to be as good as a Paul George or Anthony Davis or even Bradley Beale..
                            Last edited by G__Deane; Thu Jul 25, 2019, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Sure, agreed.
                              Maybe Embiid will get sick of Philly fans booing him and want to come make the Cameroonian connection
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Maybe Embiid will get sick of Philly fans booing him and want to come make the Cameroonian connection
                                Apart from many fans here, I like Embiid. He's got some growing up to do but I love his competitiveness and will to win. He can come here any time.....with Giannis

Comment

Working...
                                X