No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom line for me is this team can score 100 pts a game against any team so they just have to hold everyone else to 99

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
      Bottom line for me is this team can score 100 pts a game against any team so they just have to hold everyone else to 99
      Colour me unimpressed by an average MOV of 1 point.

Never mind that scoring the 100 points is only a given with a decent pace considering the offence could be poor this year, meaning that 99 points is a heck of an achievement.

Also, Gasol in the post is bad.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Colour me unimpressed by an average MOV of 1 point.

Never mind that scoring the 100 points is only a given with a decent pace considering the offence could be poor this year, meaning that 99 points is a heck of an achievement.

Also, Gasol in the post is bad.
        Ok this is the time where I say watch the game! Watch Gasol on Memphis and watch Gasol on Toronto. The pace as you mentioned is different. Gasol plays rushed in our offence LAST YEAR. A good coach which nick nurse has proven he is will see that and adjust.

If nick nurse runs the same offence without adjusting to the personal everyone’s predictions will be right and I will be wrong ... I know it’s rare but it could happen

Comment

• The eye test is impossible for Dan because he doesn’t even have eyes. He’s connected to his computer by a cable and he views basketball in statistics and code.

Comment

Ok this is the time where I say watch the game! Watch Gasol on Memphis and watch Gasol on Toronto. The pace as you mentioned is different. Gasol plays rushed in our offence LAST YEAR. A good coach which nick nurse has proven he is will see that and adjust.

If nick nurse runs the same offence without adjusting to the personal everyone’s predictions will be right and I will be wrong ... I know it’s rare but it could happen
            Gasol was also awful in Memphis last year in post ups. He's not a scorer. Using him that way will hurt us.

High post passer, set up man for handoff plays, pick and pop option. That's his game. Will be interesting to see if Siakam can develop a PnR ball handler game so we can run that action without Lowry in the game.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I dunno, man. Even the eyetest reveals something like half of Gasol's post-ups end up as fadeaways or awkward looking 'sling' hook shots. Anything that should be a dunk or layup for a lot of NBA big men, gets blocked. His vertical can't be more than a foot or so.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I dunno, man. Even the eyetest reveals something like half of Gasol's post-ups end up as fadeaways or awkward looking 'sling' hook shots. Anything that should be a dunk or layup for a lot of NBA big men, gets blocked. His vertical can't be more than a foot or so.
                all he has to be at his age is a threat, he absolutely can put up 30 in the right offence. But that 30 will not be consistent. But the threat that he can do it will open things up. OG is really the X factor here. Is there tape with him playing with gasol? I don’t think he can put the ball on the floor but if he plays like iggy he can become a threat.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                  The eye test is impossible for Dan because he doesn’t even have eyes. He’s connected to his computer by a cable and he views basketball in statistics and code.
                  No. That's me.

Comment

• I'm far more concerned about Marc Gasol, at 35 years old, maintaining enough foot speed to defend out to the perimeter than I am about him dropping 30.

Having a centre who could both shut down Embiid in the post and hedge/trap Steph on the perimeter was huge. That was the one key thing JV couldn't do.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• What's the likelihood that Pascal can average 5-6 assists a game this season? I think he needs to focus on facilitation and his midrange shots to have (and for the team to have) success. Nurse could start the season out pushing the transition game, but that is relatively easily scouted and prepped for. If one or two trailers are always pacing Pascal's runs down the court there will be some easy baskets for the trailers initially. I would expect the Raptors to automatically position two guys in the corner every time Siakim makes a move to the basket. That is going to be harder to defend if he begins the season getting assists.

I hope one or two of the new guys become dependable from 3. Could change the whole season for the Raptors if they can manage to have three shooters on the floor with Siakim all the time.

Comment

• I'm going to say <15% chance. He'd have to be commanding a lot of attention from the defense like Giannis in order to find open guys while barrelling into the lane. On the flip side he would also need guys that can hit shots like Giannis had last season.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Gasol was also awful in Memphis last year in post ups. He's not a scorer. Using him that way will hurt us.

High post passer, set up man for handoff plays, pick and pop option. That's his game. Will be interesting to see if Siakam can develop a PnR ball handler game so we can run that action without Lowry in the game.
                          i don't think we used him in pick and pop action enough honestly.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            I'm far more concerned about Marc Gasol, at 35 years old, maintaining enough foot speed to defend out to the perimeter than I am about him dropping 30.

Having a centre who could both shut down Embiid in the post and hedge/trap Steph on the perimeter was huge. That was the one key thing JV couldn't do.
                            im not concerned on a massive drop off from last year to this year.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

im not concerned on a massive drop off from last year to this year.
                              Yeah, Gasol already dropped when he moved from Memphis to Toronto..... his USG went from 22 to 16%. If anything, we should expect a rebound season.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X