Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    ...From Grange's article, Pascal's camp wanted a player option in that 4th year and ended up caving.
    I wonder if that was Pascal telling his agent team that he was happy with the deal and just get it done.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      It's a great contract. Pascal is a guy that gets better every year(a lot like DeRozan).

golden What's going on here? all playoffs last year you kept telling me Siakam > 2013 Wade. Now all of a sudden he's not worth the money? if Siakam > 2013 Wade then Siakam is pretty good right?
      Lol. I did say that, didn't I? Repeatedly. However 2013 Wade was a shell of himself by then.

Gotta admit that you guys are doing a great job making me feel a lot better about this deal.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Lol. I did say that, didn't I? Repeatedly. However 2013 Wade was a shell of himself by then.

Gotta admit that you guys are doing a great job making me feel a lot better about this deal.
        I gotta say, nothing you’ve said seems at all outlandish to me. I love Pascal and have a great deal of optimism. But people are talking about PS like there’s no chance his floor goes below what we saw of him alongside a superstar last year. When thrust into the #1 role, there’s every possibility that he tries to do too much and his efficiency craters. I don’t see that happening, especially insulated by the other 6 great pieces we have remaining from our championship squad. But it may look a lot more like an ensemble going forward than Pascal taking the reigns as a star.

I’m not saying I don’t believe in Pascal. The assertion that golden is out to lunch though is dangerous and potentially setting him up for a big “I told you so” moment, which I pray never comes.

I don’t think it would’ve been too insane to let this season ride and say show us that you can be our franchise player (when you don’t have a Kawhi drawing the attention that he does.) Now I guess we live in a world where a max player doesn’t have to be a franchise player... but that’s kind of effed.

anyhow... GO SPICY.

but I hear you golden.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

I gotta say, nothing you’ve said seems at all outlandish to me. I love Pascal and have a great deal of optimism. But people are talking about PS like there’s no chance his floor goes below what we saw of him alongside a superstar last year. When thrust into the #1 role, there’s every possibility that he tries to do too much and his efficiency craters. I don’t see that happening, especially insulated by the other 6 great pieces we have remaining from our championship squad. But it may look a lot more like an ensemble going forward than Pascal taking the reigns as a star.

I’m not saying I don’t believe in Pascal. The assertion that golden is out to lunch though is dangerous and potentially setting him up for a big “I told you so” moment, which I pray never comes.

I don’t think it would’ve been too insane to let this season ride and say show us that you can be our franchise player (when you don’t have a Kawhi drawing the attention that he does.) Now I guess we live in a world where a max player doesn’t have to be a franchise player... but that’s kind of effed.

anyhow... GO SPICY.

but I hear you golden.

There is a chance, but this contract is mostly based on expectation. If he stays at this level, hes only worth about 75% of what we gave him. However if he plays like he did in the 4 wins against GoldenState - then hes worth this. If he goes beyond that, then this is a good deal for us. Raptors still have a lot of work to do in the next 2 years. A team of OG and Siakam is not enough. Will need to add another guy.
          Last edited by Truth Teller; Sun Oct 20, 2019, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

2013 Wade averaged 21/5/5 and shot 52% from the field. His decline imo started the year before he signed with the Bulls.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

2013 Wade averaged 21/5/5 and shot 52% from the field. His decline imo started the year before he signed with the Bulls.
              He did seem a little broken at times that year, and he wasn’t great in the playoffs.

Comment

• Siakam getting 1st or 2nd All-NBA will be tough.. There's LeBron, Paul George, Kawhi, Davis (all of whom will be getting massive media hype & coverage all year long), plus add Jokic, Gobert, KAT - and that's just Western Conference forwards

Comment

• If Raptors get a top 3 seed, I can see it. KAT and PG aren't locks - one never makes playoffs, the other might have bad shoulders.

Comment

• There is a C category for all-nba. So 2 guards, 2 forwards, and 1 C per team.

KAT and Jokic will be C's. Forwards will include: Giannis, Lebron, Kawhi, George, Blake, Aldridge, etc. No KD who's usually in the first or second team though.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Another way to look at it: Siakam will be paid less than or roughly equal to Mike Conley, Gordon Hayward, Tobias Harris, Khris Middleton, Kemba Walker and Jamal Murray. Beal will be the same once his extension kicks in. Davis will get a monster deal next summer, which will start same time as Pascal’s
                      Another way to look at it is a ton of players are over paid lol

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        ...From Grange's article, Pascal's camp wanted a player option in that 4th year and ended up caving.
                        I wonder if that was Pascal telling his agent team that he was happy with the deal and just get it done.

Comment

Declines are not a one moment in time, even though its neater and tidier to pinpoint the moment. Wades decline was slow and steady, from 2010 around 29 when he was a top 5 player at his peak. Wade was never really a "shell of himself", just a star player slowly getting older. Even in his later years he was a decent 6th man/3rd scoring option, unlike Dirk where it got kind of cringy watching him
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Declines are not a one moment in time, even though its neater and tidier to pinpoint the moment. Wades decline was slow and steady, from 2010 around 29 when he was a top 5 player at his peak. Wade was never really a "shell of himself", just a star player slowly getting older. Even in his later years he was a decent 6th man/3rd scoring option, unlike Dirk where it got kind of cringy watching him
                            To be fair Dirk started to really decline at the same age Wade retired.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

To be fair Dirk started to really decline at the same age Wade retired.
                              Oh forsure, wasn't a "who's better" comparison, I just like when athletes retire before they're actually a shell of themselves.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Playoff Wade, man. You keep forgetting that part. 2013 Playoffs. Wade was hot garbage. 15.9 ppg on .498 TS%, 102 ORTG, 25% USG. That’s really, really bad. Shell of himself. That’s when the decline started.

Comment

Working...
                                X