His lateral quickness is suspect, I remember he got crossed up really bad

Where's the dislike button?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Where's the dislike button?
      Too soon?
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Siakam had a complete game last night, probably top 8-10 level in the league (if we took that game as one he will replicate consistenly)

--Great defence in all its minutiae (including individual rebounding and boxing out effectively)
        --Elite transition game
        --Ball handling
        --Awareness/ability to find open man (5 assists)
        --30/5/5 with only 2 turnovers
        --Midrange, post, off the dribble 3's, spot up 3's (50% 3pt% on 6 attempts), ISO, pnr, and baseline cuts

There's not more than 8 guys in the league that can do that consistently. There's only one question: Can he do that (or at least close to it) consistenly, including playoffs? If so he can be a No 1 guy on a finals/championship team.

Comment

• I knew he'd be dangerous with the pull-up this season, but that was on another level!

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
            Fith in the league in scoring and 27th in rebounding. Anyone that claims to have predicted this midway through last season better have documented proof, 'cause I'll accuse you of lying. Maury's right. His midrange game is blowing up. It has gotten to where I am surprised when he misses one of those or an above the break three.
            https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...63#post1251863

does that count? even then I was thinking more of a top 15 or 20 player, rather than top 5 or 10. he's not there yet obviously but is tracking closer to superstar than mere all star
            Last edited by chris; Thu Oct 31, 2019, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
              Siakam had a complete game last night, probably top 8-10 level in the league (if we took that game as one he will replicate consistenly)

--Great defence in all its minutiae (including individual rebounding and boxing out effectively)
              --Elite transition game
              --Ball handling
              --Awareness/ability to find open man (5 assists)
              --30/5/5 with only 2 turnovers
              --Midrange, post, off the dribble 3's, spot up 3's (50% 3pt% on 6 attempts), ISO, pnr, and baseline cuts

There's not more than 8 guys in the league that can do that consistently. There's only one question: Can he do that (or at least close to it) consistenly, including playoffs? If so he can be a No 1 guy on a finals/championship team.
              I dont think he's reached his final form. The guy would have been a master wideout in the NFL if he started that at 15 or 16 too, he was born to punk fools

we could be looking at a future top 5 player in this league ages 27 to 29.

theres a transition era happening before our eyes. Lebron, curry and kd are all on the wrong side of 30 and in some cases really banged up. Kawhi and giannis and doncic will be special still but siakam is really positioning himself to become an elite player at his current trajectory
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I don't think the league has ever seen this sort of year-by-year improvement. Nobody knows what to make of it. It's remarkable to watch.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I don't think the league has ever seen this sort of year-by-year improvement. Nobody knows what to make of it. It's remarkable to watch.
                  I think giannis is the closest comp in terms of ascension but pascal is more unexpected, and if the current numbers hold it might actually be unprecedented historically.

Comment

• Saturday against Giannis will be a great test.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      Saturday against Giannis will be a great test.
                      Foul trouble will be key. See if the refs put Pascal in early trouble

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        Saturday against Giannis will be a great test.
                        If the NBA was smart this would be a prime-time national TV matchup. Giannis vs the next giannis. ECF rematch. Does anyone know if this is on ESPN?
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

If the NBA was smart this would be a prime-time national TV matchup. Giannis vs the next giannis. ECF rematch. Does anyone know if this is on ESPN?
                          In Canada, they'd be showing darts or a spelling bee.....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Foul trouble will be key. See if the refs put Pascal in early trouble
                            Wonder if they actually guard each other.

Could be OG on Giannis, and Middleton on Siakam.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

the NBA and the networks are not smart however and the next game on espn is not until kawhi's return to toronto December 11, then xmas. they did not want to mess around showing games of a fringe playoff team when they could broadcast powerhouses in big markets, like the nets.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/s...d_nodes_thread

does that count? even then I was thinking more of a top 15 or 20 player, rather than top 5 or 10. he's not there yet obviously but is tracking closer to superstar than mere all star
                                You may not be wrong. Hard to picture where he might top out when there is no indication of a ceiling yet. Sports Illustrated had him pegged at #24 in September, before the season even started. I would say he has significantly exceeded expectations already.

Comment

Working...
                                X