Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    There will be nights like last night, but this is pretty cool....

Thats my five as well, although I'd put luka ahead of lebron.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Yeah that is pretty cool. Starting to hear more and more Siakam's name in different places when they talk about MVPs and stuff. If you really need a top 7ish player in the league plus a solid supporting team to contend, with a quarter of the season played, it looks like we got that.

Siakam is visibly growing by the month. Growth is never linear and there will always be duds like yesterday, precisely because not only he's the No.1 on opposing scouting reports, but his own coaches put him on increasingly challenging situations to stimulate his growth even further. The reality is though his game has been exploding in many different ways.

As a team, the sense that I get now is similar to what I felt at the beginning of last year: It sounds crazy to think that there is such a thing as "too much depth", but sometimes that's the feeling.

Last year Nick dealt with this "abundance of depth" by experimenting a lot, which rubbed a lot of people the wrong way (including me), but in the end it worked. This year, there's less experimenting, but the challenges in incorporating 12 players that can all play impactful minutes in single rotation remains. Good problems to have
      Actually, our "abundance of depth" turned out to be fool's gold in the playoffs last year. We basically ended up with 5 starters + Serge at one point in the Philly series. Same thing with the Bucks, when we played Mirotic, Ilyasova and Bledsoe right off the floor. Depth is a nice luxury to help you get through the season unscathed and for trades.

But back to Pascal.... the massive win here is that he's already being perceived by the mainstream media as being a top 10 player - barely 1 month into the season. That's huuuuge, when it comes to recruiting other elite players to play with you. That's what all these NBA superstar free agents are looking for. And by 2021 he's going to be entering his prime.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Actually, our "abundance of depth" turned out to be fool's gold in the playoffs last year. We basically ended up with 5 starters + Serge at one point in the Philly series. Same thing with the Bucks, when we played Mirotic, Ilyasova and Bledsoe right off the floor. Depth is a nice luxury to help you get through the season unscathed and for trades.

But back to Pascal.... the massive win here is that he's already being perceived by the mainstream media as being a top 10 player - barely 1 month into the season. That's huuuuge, when it comes to recruiting other elite players to play with you. That's what all these NBA superstar free agents are looking for. And by 2021 he's going to be entering his prime.
        Oh for sure, by "abundant depth" I mean solid rotation players that can get you through the regular season by mitigating team injuries, helping to keep the team afloat and to attain higher playoff seeds. In the post-season itself every team/rotation will shrink to a smaller core of 3 or 4 players that will actually carry you (or if you're a bit deeper like we were last year, maybe 5 or 6). However, If you don't have a solid "regular season depth", and have just the superstar plus no-one, you run the risk of sputtering really early in the playoffs, or sometimes not even making it (like last year's Lakers of solo Lebron, Davis's NOLA, or Westbrook's OKC).

As for Siakam, you bring a good/underrated point: In today's NBA, having a top 10 guy already in your roster (homegrown no less), is massive in terms of your ability to attract another high end free agent to play here

Comment

• lebron/Davis, lebron/Wade, Shaq/Kobe, Curry/Durant, Kahhi/Paul George, Westbrook/Harden and soon Durant/Irving aren't just "high end talent joining a top 10 guy" imo

I love Siakam and he has the chance to be something special. But I feel he's still a ways away from being seen as the type of elite talent that attracts others....just being honest. The hope is turns into that by the time Giannis is making his next move because he seems like the type that doesn't feel the need to lust after LA or New York

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
            lebron/Davis, lebron/Wade, Shaq/Kobe, Curry/Durant, Kahhi/Paul George, Westbrook/Harden and soon Durant/Irving aren't just "high end talent joining a top 10 guy" imo

I love Siakam and he has the chance to be something special. But I feel he's still a ways away from being seen as the type of elite talent that attracts others....just being honest. The hope is turns into that by the time Giannis is making his next move because he seems like the type that doesn't feel the need to lust after LA or New York
            Well all those other guys are already teamed up... so how many other superstars does Giannis have to join? Jimmy in Miami is the only other one i can think of as a top end player who doesnt have a star running mate.
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

lebron/Davis, lebron/Wade, Shaq/Kobe, Curry/Durant, Kahhi/Paul George, Westbrook/Harden and soon Durant/Irving aren't just "high end talent joining a top 10 guy" imo

I don't see the big difference here. These duos you mentioned (aside maybe from Shaq/Kobe who are flat-out legends from a different era), are pretty much that: High end talent (i.e. top 5-10 players in the league), joining forces with another top 5-10 player in the league. Bron went to Miami to join wade after not winning in cleveland, Davis joined Bron at Lakers after not winning in NOLA. Durant joined GSW after not winning in OKC. Durant/Irving left their teams on the same year to play together on a different team, etc..

Out of these guys you mentioned Westbrook, Harden, Davis and Paul George never won a championship, and aside from Davis are all pushing 30 or over it. They're all trying to get together with other stars to see if they can finally do it.

Siakam on the other hand already won a championship at age 25, while also being part of the second highest scoring duo in playoff history (Siakam/Kawhi), is an incredibly fast, tall, atheltic 2-way wing with a 3pt shot, killer post game, transition game, now quickly developing a midrange game, while also being a great passer, defender and rebounder, and is now on MVP's conversation, always in the top 10, often in the top 5.

I think he has more than a good chance to attract another top 10 talent in 2021, especially considering he's gonna be 27 and on his prime by then, whereas half these guys you mentioned will have father-time knocking on the door. Granted, most of this "getting together" of superstars happen in LA/NY, so it may not happen here because of that, but that's not on Siakam. I think him and Giannis can be the duo that turns that around and start a dynasty right here. Frigg, they would both be 27 in 2021, if Giannis joined Siakam here there would be championships for years to come

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Well all those other guys are already teamed up... so how many other superstars does Giannis have to join? Jimmy in Miami is the only other one i can think of as a top end player who doesnt have a star running mate.
                Salary considerations aside (and assuming that he leaves the Bucks), aside from Miami, he could also go to the Nets, Dallas, maybe hook up with Zion or try Nuggets, Utah, hell maybe GSW. He may not look for a single top end player but knock a 1A player into 1B or land where they have a B and C and need a 1A

Could he make the Pacers a contender with Dipo back or even the Timber puppies?

Also, a lot of teams would trade salary away to facilitate bringing him in. He makes many many teams an instant contender. I don't think he'll be lacking for options lol

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

I don't see the big difference here. These duos you mentioned (aside maybe from Shaq/Kobe who are flat-out legends from a different era), are pretty much that: High end talent (i.e. top 5-10 players in the league), joining forces with another top 5-10 player in the league. Bron went to Miami to join wade after not winning in cleveland, Davis joined Bron at Lakers after not winning in NOLA. Durant joined GSW after not winning in OKC. Durant/Irving left their teams on the same year to play together on a different team, etc..

Out of these guys you mentioned Westbrook, Harden, Davis and Paul George never won a championship, and aside from Davis are all pushing 30 or over it. They're all trying to get together with other stars to see if they can finally do it.

Siakam on the other hand already won a championship at age 25, while also being part of the second highest scoring duo in playoff history (Siakam/Kawhi), is an incredibly fast, tall, atheltic 2-way wing with a 3pt shot, killer post game, transition game, now quickly developing a midrange game, while also being a great passer, defender and rebounder, and is now on MVP's conversation, always in the top 10, often in the top 5.

I think he has more than a good chance to attract another top 10 talent in 2021, especially considering he's gonna be 27 and on his prime by then, whereas half these guys you mentioned will have father-time knocking on the door. Granted, most of this "getting together" of superstars happen in LA/NY, so it may not happen here because of that, but that's not on Siakam. I think him and Giannis can be the duo that turns that around and start a dynasty right here. Frigg, they would both be 27 in 2021, if Giannis joined Siakam here there would be championships for years to come
                  As many know, Giannis has been my favourite non-Raptor long before he became great (as much for his off-court attitude/refusal to buddy up with the enemy as for his on-court heroics) so I'd love to see it. I just hope Siakam continues to evolves and makes us an obvious choice because this will be a very different team by 2021 as who knows where and what Kyle, Serge and Gasol will be.

Comment

As many know, Giannis has been my favourite non-Raptor long before he became great (as much for his off-court attitude/refusal to buddy up with the enemy as for his on-court heroics) so I'd love to see it. I just hope Siakam continues to evolves and makes us an obvious choice because this will be a very different team by 2021 as who knows where and what Kyle, Serge and Gasol will be.
                    Apparently Giannis is quite proud of his Nigerian roots. Obviously with Masai here and teaming up Giannis with Pascal and OG, you could build a feel good story around the African narrative. Whatever it takes, man.

Comment

• I'm still not confident that Masai will be able to land him.. I think he's going to go back to the Bucks. They can offer him the super max. I think they'll get to 60 wins again. They're plowing through teams. Won by like 20+ against the Pistons last night. I think it's there 12th win in a row.

Giannis doesn't need to play with another star.. he never trains with them in the off season. He doesn't have an NBA "home" like Kawhi had in LA. He has connections with Masai, but he'll have stronger ones with the Bucks.

We missed our chance by not trading for a pick in 2013.

Comment

• Bucks are going to be the best regular season team two years in a row, Giannis is likely going to be MVP again and Bucks are going to be able to pay him more money than anyone else I assume. Kawhi is the only player I think whom would leave his team under those conditions.

All Raptors can do to help their cause of landing Giannis, is to knock them out of the playoffs again. Giannis has to believe he can never win a championship with the Bucks.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Bucks are going to be the best regular season team two years in a row, Giannis is likely going to be MVP again and Bucks are going to be able to pay him more money than anyone else I assume. Kawhi is the only player I think whom would leave his team under those conditions.

All Raptors can do to help their cause of landing Giannis, is to knock them out of the playoffs again. Giannis has to believe he can never win a championship with the Bucks.
                          I'll believe a global icon stays in Wisconsin when I see it. Abdul jabbar was a buck too. So was ray Allen. They all leave for the bright lights. The tim Duncan type is a very rare exception.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I'll believe a global icon stays in Wisconsin when I see it. Abdul jabbar was a buck too. So was ray Allen. They all leave for the bright lights. The tim Duncan type is a very rare exception.
                            Fingers crossed he does, but winning genuinely seems to be what drives him and he's doing just that with the Bucks. Really hope they get knocked out early in the playoffs.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Fingers crossed he does, but winning genuinely seems to be what drives him and he's doing just that with the Bucks. Really hope they get knocked out early in the playoffs.
                              Sure, but what is the biggest reason the Bucks are winning? hint: it ain't Bledsoe or Brook Lopez. We've constantly seen guys leave even if they're winning, and go create super teams. Giannis holds all the power, and it is not difficult for him to join a new team and win 60 games again. He wouldn't pick Sacramento or Phoenix I'm assuming
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I'm still not confident that Masai will be able to land him.. I think he's going to go back to the Bucks. They can offer him the super max. I think they'll get to 60 wins again. They're plowing through teams. Won by like 20+ against the Pistons last night. I think it's there 12th win in a row.

Giannis doesn't need to play with another star.. he never trains with them in the off season. He doesn't have an NBA "home" like Kawhi had in LA. He has connections with Masai, but he'll have stronger ones with the Bucks.

We missed our chance by not trading for a pick in 2013.
                                Regular season success if fun, but it doesn't mean anything if you can't finish the job in the playoffs. Our best chance is to just keep beating the Bucks in the postseason and preventing them from reaching the finals. Giannis has gone on record that he want to win if Milwaukee but if he can't get a championship he would look to go somewhere he could win a championship and want the front office to put him in a position to win. I think the bucks made there first misstep choosing brook lopez and george hill over Brogdon.
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X