No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shitty thing is, the path was setting up. I think either Boston or Toronto beat miami. Herro and Dragic would not be able to slow us down on the perimeter like smart and brown do.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The question was "Is Pascal a legit 2nd option (on offense)" and, yes, he was indeed the second option last year. That was especially clear in the Sixers series when Lowry and Gasol became afraid to shoot. The ball would end up in either Kawhi or Pascal's hands with 7 seconds or less left in the clock. When the offense ran out of steam, those 2 guys were our best options to get a bucket and everybody on the team knew it.

Best player is an entirely different conversation.
      Not just Lowry and Gasol, everyone was scared to shoot in the Sixers series, including Superstar Siakam. All you need to do is watch Game 7. Kawhi took 41 shots in that game because nobody wanted to shoot the ball. The Sixers would've swept the Raptors last year if not for Kawhi.

As for the 2nd option, there was no 2nd option, the 2nd option was whoever was hot.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Forget about strategic employment I think he's not right. Mentally or Physically. I feel like something is off. You naturally go back to what you know when games get tight. He completely imploded.
        Bubble life isn't for everyone. Its an unprecedented situation. Paul George in a post game interview in one of his earlier games said the bubble life got the best of him, he was in a dark place and he mentally checked out. Couple bubble life with players having to deal with all the BLM issues going on. I'm sure many players are okay with playing basketball in the bubble, but they'd prefer not to or some might even feel like they don't want to be there, but don't want to be the only one to say no and let their teammates down so they play. We don't know whats going inside the bubble outside of hearing reports from the media.

Comment

• Kawhi & Siakam were the second highest scoring duo in NBA playoff history. So in terms of putting the dang ball in the basket, you can't get a whole lot more clear cut than that. He did it with spot up 3's, hard drives, spin moves, baby hooks and transtion buckets though, not with contested fadeways. Does he win it without Lowry? Hell no, but then again neither would have Kawhi if either one of Siakam or Lowry weren't on that team. It was a well coached big 3 effort where Lowry was playmaking, Siakam & Kawhi scoring in bunches and everyone defending well.

Comment

• In games 5 and 6 against the Bucks, FVV was their 2nd option. In Game 1 against GSW it was Siakam. Game 3 it was Kyle, Game 4 it was Ibaka. Game 6 it was Kyle and FVV.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              In games 5 and 6 against the Bucks, FVV was their 2nd option. In Game 1 against GSW it was Siakam. Game 3 it was Kyle, Game 4 it was Ibaka. Game 6 it was Kyle and FVV.
              Fred took 6 shots in game 6 against the Bucks, Pascal took 17. Game 6 against the Warriors, Pascal had the most shots on the team and tied Lowry for 26 pts. Nobody remembers that.

Pascal had the most points and most shots on the whole team in game 5 vs Philly, game 1 vs GS, Game 6 vs GS. In game 1 vs Philly he had 29 pts when no one other than Kawhi had 10.

Team leader in scoring:
              Kawhi - 20 games
              Pascal - 4 games
              Lowry - 1 game

Team leader in shots:
              Kawhi - 17 games
              Pascal - 7 games

Pascal also came 2nd place (or better) in shots or points in 17 out of the 24 games. He was quite clearly the 2nd option.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                So what's everybody's opinion on Siakams situation. I understand he's not first option but goddamn this can't be the same guy from earlier in a year. Even with tougher d and all that shit.
                He needs to get pizzed off at reading all the criticism and have a f-u game. Then Masai needs to find him his Batman since not every player has the tools or the head to be a #1. Siakam is not that guy.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yep. It's crazy how people are trying to re-write history. Spicy Pippen was the #2 option last year, and he was a historic sidekick.

it's really just t-rex re-writing history to suit his current narrative, as is his wont.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Fred took 6 shots in game 6 against the Bucks, Pascal took 17. Game 6 against the Warriors, Pascal had the most shots on the team and tied Lowry for 26 pts. Nobody remembers that.
                    also led the team in FG %age and hit the most important shot of the series with 28 seconds left.

t-rex posted about what a huge game it was just a few weeks ago when sportsnet was replaying all the games.

now he sucks though and needs to be traded.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

it's really just t-rex re-writing history to suit his current narrative, as is his wont.
                      and here I just spent 20 minutes looking up stats on a rebuttal. Obi Wan Kenobi has a saying and it ends with me being a fool

Comment

• Bubble was not kind to Pascal. That's just it. Tatum didn't have it early and then figured it out. Maybe Pascal needs the fans behind him to encourage him. Maybe he needs the road crowd to get him going when he's not having it. Maybe he didn't get the type of training camp he needed like he usually does before preseason (in a non-bubble universe). And despite sucking hard at times in the bubble he still was pretty good in game 4. He couldn't hit his 3's but his defense was fire.

I don't want to move on from Pascal unless we're getting a star back (and that's not happening).

Everyone really should be talking about Fred though. He's been worse than Pascal in every game against Boston IMO. Even yesterday when Pascal had 5 fouls and barely played in the second half.

I am hoping for a S&T with Fred so we get something back, but wouldn't really shed a tear if he found a new home. If he stays in Toronto it'll be as a permanent SG/PG for this team. He can get you 30 and 5 steals. He's a good player. But if the goal is to get a chip and we don't have a Kawhi/Giannis/Lebron/Curry/KD on the team.. you can't give Fred the ball and make plays with it. It's not going to work most of the time. I blame him for our failure in offense this series more than anyone else (including Marc).

Comment

• Fred is staying guys. The only impact his shooting struggles in the playoffs might have is making him cheaper for us. So yay?

Same with Pascal. There is a plan. They are not going to bail on it based on results from what is and has always been a placeholder season (this is true of next season too so hold onto your hats for more hot takes based on that as well). Ideally the target is Giannis but they will keep the door open for someone else as well, whether it is a lower class star like Oladipo or Gobert or they get lucky and Kawhi gets sick of LA and pines for a return to his past successes (LOL that one’s a long shot). This season and next were always about giving Pascal and FVV and OG room to grow so they know what they have in their core when the decision point comes that offseason. Get ready for a lot more of it.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Fred is staying guys. The only impact his shooting struggles in the playoffs might have is making him cheaper for us. So yay?

Same with Pascal. There is a plan. They are not going to bail on it based on results from what is and has always been a placeholder season (this is true of next season too so hold onto your hats for more hot takes based on that as well). Ideally the target is Giannis but they will keep the door open for someone else as well, whether it is a lower class star like Oladipo or Gobert or they get lucky and Kawhi gets sick of LA and pines for a return to his past successes (LOL that one’s a long shot). This season and next were always about giving Pascal and FVV and OG room to grow so they know what they have in their core when the decision point comes that offseason. Get ready for a lot more of it.
                            here is my real question though... i think ican see a path to oladipo (especially over a guy like beal).. i just think the cost for victor is much better and the contract situation lines up perfectly... I also think Indiana would take Powell and filler for it.... but my real question is...

i keep hearing gobert.. do you think he truly fits..?

Comment

• Giannis isn't coming here unless there's another A-lister plus Pascal. And I don't mean an aging Lowry. He's not coming here to get beaten by the Heat or Celtics or Nets....he may not be a front runner but he's not starting from mediocre or he might as well stay where he is (and he might)

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

here is my real question though... i think ican see a path to oladipo (especially over a guy like beal).. i just think the cost for victor is much better and the contract situation lines up perfectly... I also think Indiana would take Powell and filler for it.... but my real question is...

i keep hearing gobert.. do you think he truly fits..?
                                We don't need Gobert. All of our core pieces are good defenders. We need more prime time offense, but not a 1 way player at the sacrifice of our identity. After Giannis and young franchise players, not too many fit that bill. Holiday and Oladipo are the 2 that I think we could get here in the next year or 2

again, short of Giannis

Comment

Working...
                                X