No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siakam's offence isn't bad though, his 3 pt shooting tailing off was a struggle and some rimmed out closing shots were very visible. But it's hard to overstate how much of an evolution he's gone through offensively the past two years. This is a guy who used to get 2/3 of his FGM made assisted. Now 2/3 are unassisted. He used to be a close-to-the-basket finisher, now he initiates and shoots from all over the floor. His assists are up, his 2P% is up over a year ago. He's done a lot and still done a lot of it well.

imho they put him in too many tough spots in the name of development though, got to balance the new with the established strengths. That looked a lot better towards the end of the season. That can definitely be better next year.

And I don't think he's going to be your go-to, game closing scorer 90% of the time like they kept iso'ing him for last year. Need that from someone else, ask Siakam to do it some here and there but not be the primary guy for that. It's hard for a big to do that anytime.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Siakam's offence isn't bad though, his 3 pt shooting tailing off was a struggle and some rimmed out closing shots were very visible. But it's hard to overstate how much of an evolution he's gone through offensively the past two years. This is a guy who used to get 2/3 of his FGM made assisted. Now 2/3 are unassisted. He used to be a close-to-the-basket finisher, now he initiates and shoots from all over the floor. His assists are up, his 2P% is up over a year ago. He's done a lot and still done a lot of it well.

imho they put him in too many tough spots in the name of development though, got to balance the new with the established strengths. That looked a lot better towards the end of the season. That can definitely be better next year.

And I don't think he's going to be your go-to, game closing scorer 90% of the time like they kept iso'ing him for last year. Need that from someone else, ask Siakam to do it some here and there but not be the primary guy for that. It's hard for a big to do that anytime.
      He was the second leading scorer on a championship team and was for long stretches of the playoffs their second best player. No, he is not Kevin Durant but he gets way too much heat in Toronto. Yeah, he stunk in the bubble and his play this year was all over the place and probably more bad/mediocre than good but he is a very good player.

As we've discussed ad nauseum here, it isn't Siakam's fault that Nurse thinks he's Kawhi Leonard or James Harden. Now part of that is that the team lacks another option and its arsenal is pretty bare offensively, so it's a matter of necessity, but adding some weaponry and letting Siakam play off that will pay dividends.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Siakam's offence isn't bad though, his 3 pt shooting tailing off was a struggle and some rimmed out closing shots were very visible. But it's hard to overstate how much of an evolution he's gone through offensively the past two years. This is a guy who used to get 2/3 of his FGM made assisted. Now 2/3 are unassisted. He used to be a close-to-the-basket finisher, now he initiates and shoots from all over the floor. His assists are up, his 2P% is up over a year ago. He's done a lot and still done a lot of it well.

He's a very good second option and a really versatile defender. Just have bring in a true first scoring option and move Siakam back to his natural role. Considering how much both he and Freddy have improved since the championship year how scary would the Raps be if they got that elusive first scoring option?

Comment

• Looks like Pascal's Raptor days are numbered.

Comment

• I can’t imagine Masai selling so low unless he is blown away

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
              Looks like Pascal's Raptor days are numbered.
              anyone is available for the right price

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                I can’t imagine Masai selling so low unless he is blown away
                I hate to say this nobody knew what's going on inside the lockroom but it SEEMED like towards the end of the season last year, Siakam was quitting, bad attitude(he even got suspended for that), and hate to say this a "Cancer" to the team, sorry for the harsh word but he might be gone next week.

Comment

• I’ll believe it when I see it.
                  Pascal was frustrated last year, as he should’ve been. As they all should’ve been. And yes, by all accounts, that sometimes boiled over into handling things the wrong way. Pascal is still a super valuable player. Other teams would love to add him to what they’ve got. Little doubt about that. As they should. Masai and co won’t be selling low.

(myself, I’d prefer to add the right piece to the mix that can diversify the offense and not make Pascal feel like he has to force it in the crunch.)

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                    I’ll believe it when I see it.
                    Pascal was frustrated last year, as he should’ve been. As they all should’ve been. And yes, by all accounts, that sometimes boiled over into handling things the wrong way. Pascal is still a super valuable player. Other teams would love to add him to what they’ve got. Little doubt about that. As they should. Masai and co won’t be selling low.

(myself, I’d prefer to add the right piece to the mix that can diversify the offense and not make Pascal feel like he has to force it in the crunch.)
                    I honestly think that the Siakam-Warriors deal is a good deal because the Warriors basically would offer a similar deal for Lillard. If Portland agreed to make the deal if you are the Raptors would you regret it?? If we look at the market, I don't see any team can come up with a better offer? Heat offering Tyler Herro?? I don't want Simmons tbh even it's a straight-up one for one deal

Comment

• Eric Montross 00 wrote: View Post

I honestly think that the Siakam-Warriors deal is a good deal because the Warriors basically would offer a similar deal for Lillard. If Portland agreed to make the deal if you are the Raptors would you regret it?? If we look at the market, I don't see any team can come up with a better offer? Heat offering Tyler Herro?? I don't want Simmons tbh even it's a straight-up one for one deal
                      i think it would take a lot more to pry Lillard out of Portland than Siakam out of TOR. Doesn't mean we should sell low on Siakam though.

Comment

This is kinda mind-boggling logic to me in that it assumes we have to unload Pascal. Pascal can still be an EXTREMELY effective, two-way player. I fully expect him to be. He’s 2 years removed from putting up historic numbers in the playoffs alongside Kawhi, for second most points by a duo in a playoff run, behind only Jordan/Pippen, who most of us have heard of. A lot of credit of course goes to Kawhi for that, but don’t sell Pascal short. He can be a perfect Robin. And in a balanced five man lineup, something we sadly lacked last year, but that I have faith could be on the horizon, he can deliver a ton.

People need to chill lol

Comment

• The thing with the Warriors /Siakam deal is you would have three rookies (4,7,14) on the roster and Wiseman. Plus we have two second round picks that you might have to draft and stash.

It’s not ideal to have that influx of inexperience coming in at one time. And future cap issues when they all become RFA at the same time.

If you could flip Wiggins and 14 or 7 for an upgrade like SGA, John Collins, or Ingram. Then it might be doable.

I don’t like the idea of bringing a bunch of rookies and Wiggins for Siakam. Not even with Wiseman included.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

This is kinda mind-boggling logic to me in that it assumes we have to unload Pascal. Pascal can still be an EXTREMELY effective, two-way player. I fully expect him to be. He’s 2 years removed from putting up historic numbers in the playoffs alongside Kawhi, for second most points by a duo in a playoff run, behind only Jordan/Pippen, who most of us have heard of. A lot of credit of course goes to Kawhi for that, but don’t sell Pascal short. He can be a perfect Robin. And in a balanced five man lineup, something we sadly lacked last year, but that I have faith could be on the horizon, he can deliver a ton.

People need to chill lol
                            What IF.......Nobody/No Media had reported on this that...Siakam was the "Cancer" in the locker room towards the end of last season?? He got suspended once because of that, and he really seemed to have a work ethic and team-building issues, and the consensus throughout the team after finished the season was to trade him.

If that's the case then, you really have no choice but to TRADE HIM regardless of his fit, his skills, and how important he is for the team ON THE COURT.

I don't think he's name mixed in the Warrior's rumor 2 weeks ago was a fantasy trade, I believe he's TOTALLY on the block.

Comment

What IF.......Nobody/No Media had reported on this that...Siakam was the "Cancer" in the locker room towards the end of last season?? He got suspended once because of that, and he really seemed to have a work ethic and team-building issues, and the consensus throughout the team after finished the season was to trade him.

If that's the case then, you really have no choice but to TRADE HIM regardless of his fit, his skills, and how important he is for the team ON THE COURT.

I don't think he's name mixed in the Warrior's rumor 2 weeks ago was a fantasy trade, I believe he's TOTALLY on the block.
                              I’m not sure I even understand what you’re positing here with your initial ‘what if’, but by all means, you can live in the hypothetical that Pascal is a negative presence on the team. I’ll live in the hypothetical that Pascal is a good dude and a good teammate who got frustrated at an extremely sh*tty situation. We definitely saw some moments where he could’ve handled himself better, but I don’t think that’s the whole of the man. Seen way too much good from him to write him off after a couple of moments in a veritable year from hell. Tempers flare, they’re grown men. I don’t believe Fred would let Pascal run amok. I don’t believe Kyle would let Pascal run amok. I believe in the strength of the culture that’s been created here and I’m optimistic this is all much ado about nothing. And I’m still building up, not tearing down.

Comment

• I dont want us to trade Siakam for anything less than another star. When you combine his defensive skill with his offensive ability, he's extremely valuable. Plus give him a proper team with a center who doesn't completely suck and he will do better. Would you guard Baines at the 3pt line or pack the paint/double siakam? He was completely useless on offense last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X