No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Raptors may be looking to trade Pascal.

If they are, it is likely because of something off the court, like a locker room issue, though even in that case it's a little crazy to go so far as to call him a cancer.

Even if that is the reason they are potentially moving him though, they will ask the absolute world and move him for nothing less.

​​​​​Moving Pascal basically means a rebuild. Potentially a follow up FVV trade ( though not necessarily right away), likely letting Lowry walk and not really trying to keep him, etc. It means a whole path shift. They won't be concerned with the team's ability to win next season (unless they can leverage a Siakam trade into a trade for a higher tier star - and no, Beal does not fit that description).

They will only make such a path shift if they get significant assets for that decision. The Warriors offer (assuming it is Wiseman and 7) would need to get far stiffer, as we've described before.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      The Raptors may be looking to trade Pascal.

If they are, it is likely because of something off the court, like a locker room issue, though even in that case it's a little crazy to go so far as to call him a cancer.

Even if that is the reason they are potentially moving him though, they will ask the absolute world and move him for nothing less.

​​​​​Moving Pascal basically means a rebuild. Potentially a follow up FVV trade ( though not necessarily right away), likely letting Lowry walk and not really trying to keep him, etc. It means a whole path shift. They won't be concerned with the team's ability to win next season (unless they can leverage a Siakam trade into a trade for a higher tier star - and no, Beal does not fit that description).

They will only make such a path shift if they get significant assets for that decision. The Warriors offer (assuming it is Wiseman and 7) would need to get far stiffer, as we've described before.
      I keep getting the sense that Pascal doesn't fit into the Raptors long term plans. You keep hearing rumblings about attitude problems, which coupled with the arguments with Nurse in the playoffs, leads me to believe there is really something going on. It's just my opinion obviously as I don't get to see the day to day interactions.

I recall a story about how Masai challenged Kyle in the offseason to become a better player and he came back next season in the best shape we've ever seen to start the KLow era. Maybe the same thing happened with Siakam with different results. It's almost like he bought into his own hype after they won the championship. Again all speculation, but we will see very soon how he fits into the long term picture.

Comment

• I think siakam will bounce back big time this year, if he is traded he will post big numbers either way.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
          I think siakam will bounce back big time this year, if he is traded he will post big numbers either way.
          I think this is an accurate assessment. I haven't seen any indications in post/pre game interviews of a swollen head. Always seems down to earth and hard working. I too am expecting a big season for Spicy P.

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post

I keep getting the sense that Pascal doesn't fit into the Raptors long term plans. You keep hearing rumblings about attitude problems, which coupled with the arguments with Nurse in the playoffs, leads me to believe there is really something going on. It's just my opinion obviously as I don't get to see the day to day interactions.

I recall a story about how Masai challenged Kyle in the offseason to become a better player and he came back next season in the best shape we've ever seen to start the KLow era. Maybe the same thing happened with Siakam with different results. It's almost like he bought into his own hype after they won the championship. Again all speculation, but we will see very soon how he fits into the long term picture.
            Even if this is true, Masai won't trade Siakam for pennies. He will get a haul.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Even if this is true, Masai won't trade Siakam for pennies. He will get a haul.
              He better.

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post

I remember the game Bruno refused to go into a game. I was like this kid is done here. Pascal has talent so they been way more forgiving. Anytime I heard someone talk about the situation all they would say is pascal is completely in the wrong. Playoffs in the bubble and twice during this season.

He is done here, everything probably will come out after he is traded. They are trying to preserve his value.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                  Anytime I heard someone talk about the situation all they would say is pascal is completely in the wrong. Playoffs in the bubble and twice during this season.

He is done here, everything probably will come out after he is traded. They are trying to preserve his value.

Comment

• What is the likelihood of Pascal still getting traded? I was pretty skeptical of the proposed Golden State trade initially, but given what seems like the current direction of the team, it could make sense to move on from Pascal.

There's no fire I can see, but perhaps a decent amount of smoke. Initially I dismissed pundits suggesting the drafting of Barnes meant goodbye to Pascal, but that could qualify as smoke.

Also, no Kawhi next year, Lakers look poorer defensively, suns will be about the same, obviously Jazz will be strong again, could be a good opportunity for Golden State to get back to a finals in 2022.

It looks like we are not going to contend any time soon, so does trading Pascal for guys we can develop, like Wiseman, and 2021 draft picks whether to develop for ourselves or incubate / asset accumulate for future trades, make sense?

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                      What is the likelihood of Pascal still getting traded? I was pretty skeptical of the proposed Golden State trade initially, but given what seems like the current direction of the team, it could make sense to move on from Pascal.

There's no fire I can see, but perhaps a decent amount of smoke. Initially I dismissed pundits suggesting the drafting of Barnes meant goodbye to Pascal, but that could qualify as smoke.

Also, no Kawhi next year, Lakers look poorer defensively, suns will be about the same, obviously Jazz will be strong again, could be a good opportunity for Golden State to get back to a finals in 2022.

It looks like we are not going to contend any time soon, so does trading Pascal for guys we can develop, like Wiseman, and 2021 draft picks whether to develop for ourselves or incubate / asset accumulate for future trades, make sense?
                      Let's just say that I am uncomfortable with Masai making big moves without signing his long and big fat overdue contract first. If Masai signs long terms, I will trust his judgment more.

Comment

• Sacramento interested in Pascal?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                          Sacramento interested in Pascal?
                          Even if you dislike Pascal, suggesting trading him there is just doing him dirty.

Comment

• I'd be happy to give Pascal a fresh start with us, and an actual center so the entire opposing team can't double and triple team all game long.
                            between this and being home there are great things to come for Pascal.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                              Sacramento interested in Pascal?
                              Yeah but the interest seems to be of the "please take Hield and Bagley" sort of interest, not the sort of interest that might interest the Raptors.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Pascal will do better this year with the offence being spread around a bit more. Trent, and OG deserve more usage.

Comment

Working...
                                X