Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Haha, yes Fred:

At this point, I'm pretty sure these Pascal rumours are pure speculation from these 3rd party social media content generators. I wouldn't be surprised if the Raptors were open to including him in trade conversations pre-draft. I don't think the Raptors are actively shopping him at all. I don't think teams like Sacramento or LAC have a chance in hell of prying him away from the Raptors, given what they'd have to offer. Pure nonsense.
    Bill Simmons figured out a long time ago that one way to get clicks is to rile up the rabid Raptors fanbase. It's a tried and true method to generate online eyeballs.
    Last edited by golden; Mon Aug 9, 2021, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• The NBA: the 2019 championship was single handedly won by Kawhi who got a lucky bounce vs Philly and a fake Finals vs GSW because no Durant

Also the NBA: give us the entire 2019 Raptors roster right now, we are trying to win championships
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

The NBA: the 2019 championship was single handedly won by Kawhi who got a lucky bounce vs Philly and a fake Finals vs GSW because no Durant

Also the NBA: give us the entire 2019 Raptors roster right now, we are trying to win championships
        LOL, and the coaching staff too. Fanbases are quick to talk smack about us but watch the tone change when they trade, sign, or hire one of ours... never fails to amuse me.

Comment

Haha, yes Fred:

Perfection from Fred there, lol

Comment

Haha, yes Fred:

At this point, I'm pretty sure these Pascal rumours are pure speculation from these 3rd party social media content generators. I wouldn't be surprised if the Raptors were open to including him in trade conversations pre-draft. I don't think the Raptors are actively shopping him at all. I don't think teams like Sacramento or LAC have a chance in hell of prying him away from the Raptors, given what they'd have to offer. Pure nonsense.
            I think teams have seen Barnes in action and see he will be a starter in this league, while Siakam (who plays the same position) has a max salary, had a team suspension + injury that will make some of them think they can sweep in and get Siakam for 50 cents on the dollar while his value is in its lowest.

The Raptors have probably made known that Siakam is not untouchable to trades but for him to go you've got to blow Masai's socks off. Also who knows what happens by the trade deadline, maybe there are more issues with Siakam & Kuminga might start to look as if he will be special in a year or two than there might be more room to discuss and revisit the previous offer.

Also based on principle we should tell the Clippers to fuck off.
            Last edited by Hotshot; Mon Aug 9, 2021, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• Pascal, Fred and OG being our longest tenured players now is nuts.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I think teams have seen Barnes in action and see he will be a starter in this league, while Siakam (who plays the same position) has a max salary, had a team suspension + injury that will make some of them think they can sweep in and get Siakam for 50 cents on the dollar while his value is in its lowest.

The Raptors have probably made known that Siakam is not untouchable to trades but for him to go you've got to blow Masai's socks off. Also who knows what happens by the trade deadline, maybe there are more issues with Siakam & Kuminga might start to look as if he will be special in a year or two than there might be more room to discuss and revisit the previous offer.

Also based on principle we should tell the Clippers to fuck off.
                This!

Also they don't really have anything of value. (other than Kawhi who is not coming back)

Comment

• Yeah for sure, not too long ago Siakam was essentially untouchable and Masai reportedly wouldn't consider trades that included him. Though the team had other tradeable assets, like DeMar, that just made more sense anyway. Conceivably your next Kwahi trade, if there were one, could include Siakam this time around. Practically speaking though, I don't think any of these teams (Sacto/LAC/whoever) are offering a Kawhi level player. Masai & Bobby have extremely high standards, you can meet them or they'll keep their guys. So sure, it's possible to include Siakam's name in conversations with the Toronto FO but, practically speaking, I don't think those talks are really going anywhere right now. Might have had a bit more traction pre-draft, but Bobby's now on record saying they're working around a core of Siakam/Fred/OG and for the timebeing at least, I think that is exactly what's happening. There's no Pascal firesale.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Pascal for

Robert Woodard
                    neemias queta
                    de’aaron fox

Give me that and pascal moves tomorrow lol
                    Last edited by grindhouse; Mon Aug 9, 2021, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      Pascal for

Robert Woodard
                      neemias queta
                      de’aaron fox

Give me that and pascal moves tomorrow lol
                      Any SAC deal would have to be Fox plus, problem is I'm sure the Raptors would want more "plus" than you have listed there, and I'm also sure the Kings wouldn't give up Fox at all, they want a Hield/Bagley deal and that's a non-starter.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The kings dont have enough for pascal, unless they wanna drop 3-4 first rounders.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post

This!

Also they don't really have anything of value. (other than Kawhi who is not coming back)
                          Well they do have some interesting young pieces like Terrance Mann and Keon Johnson but that would probably be done in packaging them with other pieces to match salaries the Raps will not want.

If Masai sees Lawrence Frank calls him, he should either ignore him or answer for the shits and giggles "what u want to give us back Ibaka and you think that would entice us?! you are still stuck in 2019!"

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Any SAC deal would have to be Fox plus, problem is I'm sure the Raptors would want more "plus" than you have listed there, and I'm also sure the Kings wouldn't give up Fox at all, they want a Hield/Bagley deal and that's a non-starter.
                            If they can’t start there no point in these reports coming out

we need a score and a Center and a potential pascal replacement. Now that they have Mitchell I would give up fox but whatever I am happy with our roster minus the fact that we need a center
                            Last edited by grindhouse; Mon Aug 9, 2021, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I hate to say this, but realistically I think Siakam is NOT as good or as HIGH of the market value as "WE THINK" he is. that Wiseman+Wiggins,7th,14th was never a REAL insider offer.

To me, out of the 3 teams, I think Sacramento potentially could have the best offer,

#1 if they give us their future 1st rd picks, I doubt the Kings are going to be any better with Siakam and we can get somewhere between late lottery to mid 1st extra pick is not a bad deal.

#2 Best case scenario we are getting Haliburton because he has the highest upside and potentially could be a Star

#3 Even we got Buddy Hield, he addressed our need in shooting guard and shooting AND...he's actually very tradable, Lakers and Mavs were really HIGH on him.

...and I think Warriors have some good assets too, but they won't go all in until the trade deadline, once they think they are one piece away and it's Siakam, they will trade their assets and future for a chip. I think their offer will be Wiseman+Wiggins+Kuminga(No Moody)

Comment

• Eric Montross 00 wrote: View Post

I hate to say this, but realistically I think Siakam is NOT as good or as HIGH of the market value as "WE THINK" he is. that Wiseman+Wiggins,7th,14th was never a REAL insider offer.

To me, out of the 3 teams, I think Sacramento potentially could have the best offer,

#1 if they give us their future 1st rd picks, I doubt the Kings are going to be any better with Siakam and we can get somewhere between late lottery to mid 1st extra pick is not a bad deal.

#2 Best case scenario we are getting Haliburton because he has the highest upside and potentially could be a Star

#3 Even we got Buddy Hield, he addressed our need in shooting guard and shooting AND...he's actually very tradable, Lakers and Mavs were really HIGH on him.

...and I think Warriors have some good assets too, but they won't go all in until the trade deadline, once they think they are one piece away and it's Siakam, they will trade their assets and future for a chip. I think their offer will be Wiseman+Wiggins+Kuminga(No Moody)
                                Uhh, I don't think Siakam's market is particularly high. Teams are calling because they think they can get him cheap.

I'm saying no matter what Siakam's market is, the Raptors won't accept less than a king's ransom. They don't want to trade him. They would never in a million years accept Wiseman and Wiggins and Kuminga for Siakam. It's the Warriors who are under pressure to add a star before Steph's clock runs out. The Raptors laugh them off the phone with that offer.

Finally, if you trade Siakam, you throw all ideas of "fit" or "need" out the window. The winning is done and you are moving on to a full rebuild. Who cares about filling a shooting need at that point? Never mind the idea that Hield is very tradeable - if he was, the Kings would have traded him. Teams like the Lakers and Mavs being interested isn't of great value because they have very little of value to trade.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X