No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There’s not many players I would trade for Siakam, it would have to move the needle big time:

If we OG, Siakam and Barnes can play together without losing offensive production (Barnes and Siakam have both improve their midrange/outside shooting) then that lineup shouldn’t be broken up. There’s too much potential with those guys.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      There’s not many players I would trade for Siakam, it would have to move the needle big time:

If we OG, Siakam and Barnes can play together without losing offensive production (Barnes and Siakam have both improve their midrange/outside shooting) then that lineup shouldn’t be broken up. There’s too much potential with those guys.
      DeMar was a flawed star and Masai didn't trade him until Kawhi came up. Siakam's not going anywhere unless there's a Kawhi-level deal to be had. Either a legit star or spectacular assets.

Siakam back in TO and out of the bubble is a two-way All-Star level player. Take that to the bank.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Uhh, I don't think Siakam's market is particularly high. Teams are calling because they think they can get him cheap.

I'm saying no matter what Siakam's market is, the Raptors won't accept less than a king's ransom. They don't want to trade him. They would never in a million years accept Wiseman and Wiggins and Kuminga for Siakam. It's the Warriors who are under pressure to add a star before Steph's clock runs out. The Raptors laugh them off the phone with that offer.
        Right now, I'd do that deal. I want him to do well, but I like that package of players. Doesn't look like he is moving in any case, so I hope he proves me wrong.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Right now, I'd do that deal. I want him to do well, but I like that package of players. Doesn't look like he is moving in any case, so I hope he proves me wrong.
          You might. Other fans might too. The Raptors will absolutely not.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You might. Other fans might too. The Raptors will absolutely not.
            No "might" about it. If worked fine with the cap, I'd bite their hand off taking that deal.

Comment

No "might" about it. If worked fine with the cap, I'd bite their hand off taking that deal.
              But, like... why?
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Pascals high dribble and clutchless shooting are bad traits come playoff time

Comment

But, like... why?
                  Because I think Wiggins is a good player. I think Wiseman has substantial upside, in a position of need. I think Kuminga is a nice piece. I think overall, right now, those are better assets than Pascal.

If rumblings of attitude problems are true, and there's some smoke there, even more so.

Comment

• I'm looking foreward to Pascal silencing the critics this year.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                      Pascals high dribble and clutchless shooting are bad traits come playoff time
                      Fun fact! This past year Siakam had a TS% of 50.1% in the clutch (last 5 min <= 5 pts). Kawhi had a 46.1%. They both averaged 0.3 TOV in the clutch and Siakam scored 1.6 PTS to Kawhi's 1.3.

Obviously Kawhi is still the better player but I'd say this of Siakam's season - the failures were high profile and created a disproportionately negative narrative around his game. A whole bunch of people are going to be hopping back on his bandwagon this season.

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
                        I'm looking foreward to Pascal silencing the critics this year.
                        I look forward to that too : ) ...if he stays a Raptor

Comment

Because I think Wiggins is a good player. I think Wiseman has substantial upside, in a position of need. I think Kuminga is a nice piece. I think overall, right now, those are better assets than Pascal.

If rumblings of attitude problems are true, and there's some smoke there, even more so.
                          Ah, I see, well no wonder we aren't going to agree on this.

The only argument for trading Pascal for a package like that, IMO, is the last point you make there about the attitude stuff. Without that it's a non-starter. And I think it's a complete guess to assume that any such issues actually exist.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Oh, and I agree that right now those might be considered better trade assets than Pascal, but only because they'd be selling Pascal now when his value is at its lowest and basically guaranteed to leap up after this coming season. Which would be very, very, very silly of them to do.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Fun fact! This past year Siakam had a TS% of 50.1% in the clutch (last 5 min <= 5 pts). Kawhi had a 46.1%. They both averaged 0.3 TOV in the clutch and Siakam scored 1.6 PTS to Kawhi's 1.3.

What about in last year's Boston Series? Or if we're not going to cherry pick, what about the whole playoffs. How did he shoot as a total last year, again not cherry picking.

How does Siakam compare and contrast to a max player like Tatum?

Comment

Ah, I see, well no wonder we aren't going to agree on this.

The only argument for trading Pascal for a package like that, IMO, is the last point you make there about the attitude stuff. Without that it's a non-starter. And I think it's a complete guess to assume that any such issues actually exist.
                                So you think Wiggins is a bad player?

Comment

Working...
                                X