Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

I think you can push them for an overpay for Pascal. The trio of Curry, Klay and Draymond don't have a lot of time left to win a championship, Pascal might be the perfect player to slot into that trio.
    Yeah I really don't understand what appears to be a lack of urgency in GS, maybe they make some moves this season but Curry will be 34 this year and Klay and Draymond 32 and all 3 have had recent and often significant injury issues. The time is right now for that core and some nice-ish but raw prospects in their early 20's don't really help. They should be having a Chicago/LAL/Brooklyn type offseason and loading up with everything possible. They're just coasting along.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Eric Montross 00 wrote: View Post

Honesty, I am being realistic here, I think on Warriors' side, they won't make Wiseman+Wiggins for Siakam deal, likely Moody+Wiggins, future picks for Siakam
      That doesn't do anything for us. I think I'm being realistic here too Raptors won't make that deal. It's not enough
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Yeah I really don't understand what appears to be a lack of urgency in GS, maybe they make some moves this season but Curry will be 34 this year and Klay and Draymond 32 and all 3 have had recent and often significant injury issues. The time is right now for that core and some nice-ish but raw prospects in their early 20's don't really help. They should be having a Chicago/LAL/Brooklyn type offseason and loading up with everything possible. They're just coasting along.
        They're on wait and see until the trade deadline.
        They probably think Pascal ain't going anywhere.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Fun fact! This past year Siakam had a TS% of 50.1% in the clutch (last 5 min <= 5 pts). Kawhi had a 46.1%. They both averaged 0.3 TOV in the clutch and Siakam scored 1.6 PTS to Kawhi's 1.3.

Obviously Kawhi is still the better player but I'd say this of Siakam's season - the failures were high profile and created a disproportionately negative narrative around his game. A whole bunch of people are going to be hopping back on his bandwagon this season.
          Ya I said playoffs.

but im surprised because for reg season 44 players that shot 40 or more clutch shots siakam is 40th (van vleet last) and siakams 3% is atrocious and fts just ok so im not sure how his ts% can be good. Could you send a link please?

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/cl...s&CF=FGA*GE*40

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I think you can push them for an overpay for Pascal. The trio of Curry, Klay and Draymond don't have a lot of time left to win a championship, Pascal might be the perfect player to slot into that trio.
            I tend to agree

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

You believe Wiseman and Kuminga have negative trade value?

He's also been prolifically awful, not just awful - prolifically awful, in the Boston series. More recently.

He also had problems last year.

Yeah, if we focus only on Siakam's successes, not on his failures. If we ignore his attitude problems. If we say that Wiggins is a bad player. If we say that Wiseman has negative trade value after his first year, specifically this past year (and that's just who he is presumably)..., and Kuminga somehow has negative trade value too?.... I guess if we say all of that, then yes.
              No, I said if we were judging entirely on performance this past year and not considering upside, they would have negative trade value - Kuminga has never played in the NBA and had a very disappointing G-League performance and Wiseman was awful. The whole point is that the entire trade package is built on potential.

I'm saying for the trade package to make sense, their potential would have to dramatically outweigh Pascal's, because his current ability and even value on his contract is way better than all of those players, even after a down year. And for their potential to outweigh Pascal's, they need to project as all-NBA players, because we already know Pascal is capable of that.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Eric Montross 00 wrote: View Post

Honesty, I am being realistic here, I think on Warriors' side, they won't make Wiseman+Wiggins for Siakam deal, likely Moody+Wiggins, future picks for Siakam
                Right, and that's fine. We're just saying that if they don't make a much better offer, they can't have Pascal. Simple, easy. Teams that undervalue a player rarely tend to get said player.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Why in the hell are we even discussing trading Siakam right now?

Lot's of threads that are actually relevant right now, rookies, summer league, NBA 2021, etc...

Siakam is not getting traded. He's so clearly a crucial piece of what Masai and Nurse want (positionless wings basketball) and he's our best player.

If a superstar becomes available then by all means lets pontificate about Siakam being the piece to get them, but waxing and waning over shitty ass Wiseman and ultimate bust Wiggins is so damn stupid.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    Why in the hell are we even discussing trading Siakam right now?

Lot's of threads that are actually relevant right now, rookies, summer league, NBA 2021, etc...

Siakam is not getting traded. He's so clearly a crucial piece of what Masai and Nurse want (positionless wings basketball) and he's our best player.

If a superstar becomes available then by all means lets pontificate about Siakam being the piece to get them, but waxing and waning over shitty ass Wiseman and ultimate bust Wiggins is so damn stupid.
                    Yeah a Siakam trade really doesnt make sense right now. A very good player in his prime, anyone who wants him is going to be trying to contend so you arent getting a better player. It leaves you looking for potential, but at this point we have 5 players 23 and under with starter to all star potential, and I cant see anyone trading a better prospect than Barnes. There is no trade to be made, and thats not a bad thing at all.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      Why in the hell are we even discussing trading Siakam right now?

Ummm... feel free to restrict yourself to those other threads you mention. You're coming off as pretty stupid yourself.

Comment

• Pascal Siakam doesn’t want to go anywhere — and likely won’t

When I told Sacramento media friends ‘Deuce and Mo’ in early August that the Kings had interest in somehow landing Toronto’s Pascal Siakam, it sparked a round of headlines — both aggregated and courtesy of The Sacramento Bee’s Jason Anderson — that failed to answer the only question that really matters here. Do the Raptors actually want to move Siakam?

Based on conversations with several people close to the situation in Vegas, I’d venture to say no — at least for now. They will continue to listen to the calls that come their way, which is no different from what the recently re-signed Masai Ujiri (now president and vice chairman) and general manager Bobby Webster have always done.

But in stark contrast to the Ben Simmons situation in Philadelphia or the Damian Lillard saga in Portland, it appears there is no uncomfortableness or pressure on the Siakam front, in large part, because sources say he still wants to be in Toronto, especially after being away for a season while playing in Tampa. And yes, for the many people who wondered, that remains the case even after the Raptors drafted Scottie Barnes fourth overall and then said goodbye to Kyle Lowry in free agency (via sign-and-trade to Miami).

As longtime NBA reporter Marc Stein indicated recently, the Barnes pick did indeed compel executives to wonder if the Raptors would now be more willing to move Siakam and his max deal (three seasons, $106 million remaining). But sources say Ujiri has recently made it clear to Siakam’s side that he’s not being shopped, and that there’s a clear basketball vision here for how these pieces — old and new — can work. Nonetheless, the combination of the changing Raptors landscape and that well-chronicled friction with coach Nick Nurse last season had led many to believe Siakam’s days were numbered there.

As for that relationship element with Nurse, whose locker room argument with Siakam after a game against Cleveland in March led to the veteran being benched (with pay) for one game, sources say that part has long since been smoothed over (the two have been in semi-regular communication during the offseason). Those types of things happen in every locker room during the course of a season — often going unreported. But it doesn’t appear to be the kind of thing that is hindering their ability to work well together.

There is, it seems, a sentimental component here that shouldn’t be forgotten too. The (first) COVID campaign of 2019-20 put quite a damper on the Raptors’ victory lap before they fell to Boston in the second round, but Siakam hardly forgets how special their shared championship experience was back in 2019 and is hoping to be part of the next generation of Raptors as well.

Last but certainly not least, there’s this: Siakam underwent shoulder surgery in early June and is expected to be out at least until November. Historically speaking, you simply don’t see injured players get dealt.

None of which is to say there’s nothing to see here. Things can always change, especially when Siakam finally gets out on the floor and both sides get to see if the plan is — or isn’t — something that might actually work. But for now, the noise — some of it unintentionally sparked by yours truly — isn’t reflective of reality
                        From Athletic

Comment

• The rest of the NBA really wants Toronto to be its farm team. Especially casual fans and talking heads who don't care in the least if there's a good team in Toronto or not.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

From Athletic
                            Who wrote that article?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Who wrote that article?
                              Sam Amick

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Ummm... feel free to restrict yourself to those other threads you mention. You're coming off as pretty stupid yourself.
                                Nah, it's still you and whoever else thinks trading Siakam for peanuts is somehow a good idea. Staying competitive while retooling has always been Masai's thing, y'all have not being paying attention to how the team has been run during his tenure here and it shows.

Comment

Working...
                                X