Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Intriguing, but to me at least someone else on that lineup besides Trent and OG would have to be shooting at or above average from 3 for that to be viable. Otherwise it's awesome defence and transition scoring, but bogged down in the half court with shrunk floor & clogged paint.

I may be in the minority but I'd like to see Barnes start, and at point-guard. This is a low expectation year, might as well get him used to that role now. We need someone to run a proper bread and butter pick and roll in the half court now that Lowry is gone. Flynn is ok at that at but he won't start, and Trent & Fred can't really thread the needle, they're shooters first.

What I'd really like to see is a Barnes-Siakam pick and roll, with both shooting well enough from 3 and rolling well. That would be almost un-guardable.
    Freddie averaged 37.5% over the last two seasons.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
      Barnes, trent, og, siakam, precious...how deep into the season will we go before we see that i wonder? I'll be pretty excited if they use it early on and even moreso if it works.
      If we're keeping a guard in, might as well be FVV over Trent.

And if we want to go all in on defence and length (but want some shooting), might as well go Boucher over Trent.

But we also at least for now have a pretty full guard rotation where it is tough to find enough minutes for everyone, so might be a while before we are going big ball, at least if Dragic is in the rotation. If he gets traded early on, then maybe sooner.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
        Barnes, trent, og, siakam, precious...how deep into the season will we go before we see that i wonder? I'll be pretty excited if they use it early on and even moreso if it works.
        You have to keep FVV in the line up for his ability to spread the floor and to be a play maker I think. It does seem like one of Siakam or OG may need to be moved at some point to make room for Barnes in the starting line up.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

You have to keep FVV in the line up for his ability to spread the floor and to be a play maker I think. It does seem like one of Siakam or OG may need to be moved at some point to make room for Barnes in the starting line up.
          Or move OG to SG and slot Barnes as a SF. Move Gary trent to 6th man role

Comment

Just find Barnes minutes as the closing centre.

Comment

A lineup I find intriguing and look forward to seeing is Fred, OG, Barnes, Pascal, Precious. With 3 ball handlers, OG can play the 2 spot and get away with it.

Comment

Not to mention FVV over Trent for defense, despite size. We could have a hell of Box & 1 this year.

Comment

• I'm expecting a career season from Pascal. At least in terms of production*efficiency.
                  Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Tue Aug 24, 2021, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    I'm expecting a career from Pascal. At least in terms of production*efficiency.
                    Agreed. The last year and a half has been rocky for him. Whether we blame him or not, Masai talked about how he had visa issues and had to stay in Toronto during the NBA hiatus and he didn't have access to a gym because of lockdown so he wasn't able to do anything. He had a terrible bubble, NBA season comes back with the Raptors in Tampa a few months later, he has his ups and downs, gets hit with COVID, lost weight and the Raptors tanked.

He didn't have a bad season at all last season and improved quite a bit on his playmaking. Lets hope he can put it all together.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Freddie averaged 37.5% over the last two seasons.
                      Yeah that's why he's gotta be there to space floor. I was referring to the barnes-trent-og-siakam-precious Jaws was talking about. That's a nice 2-way lineup but doesn't have enough shooting (unless at least one of barnes/siakam/precious bring up their 3pt%). Fred would balance that out

Comment

• Has nothing to do with his skills, he is talented

it is that round thing on top of his shoulders

Mentally weak player especially facing adversity

Comment

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post

Or move OG to SG and slot Barnes as a SF. Move Gary trent to 6th man role
                          Need Trent's shooting out there to spread the floor. Precious and Barnes aren't very accomplished perimeter threats yet.

Comment

Just find Barnes minutes as the closing centre.
                            Down the line and as soon as hopefully the end of this season you probably want your lottery pick to start.

Comment

I'm expecting a career season from Pascal. At least in terms of production*efficiency.
                              I don't know if he will ever be that efficient as the go-to first option on offense. Barring a huge breakthrough, he will always be best playing off better players because that allows his to run, find lanes and spot up for open shots. When you're the number one you have to have a good half court game which isn't his strength.

Comment

Down the line and as soon as hopefully the end of this season you probably want your lottery pick to start.
                                As long as Barnes can defend, I hope they just plug & play him into Pascal's starting spot to begin the season. We're not winning the chip this year, so let's get some major development reps in ASAP. Pascal and OG got starting jobs as rookies from Day 1, and how did that work out? And those starting roles were on Atlantic Division Championship winning teams, no less.

Comment

Working...
                                X