No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pascal will likely continue to have some trouble in high pressure moments as the number one option on offense (barring a major breakthrough). I would love to see how he much better he performs next to a true number one...he was just getting his feet wet when Kawhi was here. Same with Freddy.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The team has 3 Raptor "vets" that will likely always get that starter spot, unless hurt. So we're just really looking at 2 spots for him. The center (which will likely be Birch's spot) or SG (which will likely be Trent Jr's spot).

I wouldn't want him to play C on this team.. maybe for the odd spell here or there, but that's a tough position to put a rookie in. Likely he only starts if someone gets hurt.. or if Trent really starts sucking IMO.
      That is likely the starting unit though I think Precious will be given an opportunity to earn the starting C spot in training camp.

I think eventually it would be one of OG or Pascal that would need to be moved to make room for Scottie in the starting line up. Not this season but when/if Scottie starts to outplay one of those guys.

Comment

• All those mid-range weapons he was working on but struggling mightily with last year - Dirk-onefooters, pullups, even his patented gliding stretch-out long distance layup - are going to serve him much better this year.

And his 3-ball % is going to revert to the mean as all this (pull-up, step-back) work starts to hit the required number of reps for those to not be bad shots for him. Getting back to knocking down the open ones.

Call it a hunch. But how good is he if he can do these things?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

That is likely the starting unit though I think Precious will be given an opportunity to earn the starting C spot in training camp.

I think eventually it would be one of OG or Pascal that would need to be moved to make room for Scottie in the starting line up. Not this season but when/if Scottie starts to outplay one of those guys.
          Yeah likely Pascal due to age.

Comment

• I don't think they have any intention of trading one of OG/Pascal/Scottie to "make room" for the others. They have every intention of playing all three together, either at 2-4 or 3-5. Now, they could decide to sell on the older guys in a couple years, in which case Pascal would be traded and there would be an obvious spot to slot Scottie in, but I really don't think they will ever be looking at the roster and think they have to move one of those guys because of fit.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• All three of them can guard 2-4 if not 1-5. I'm not sure why anyone would be concerned with the potential for those three to play together. They have a very good overlap of skills, with OGs shooting complimenting Pascal's and Barnes' playmaking, etc. All 3 of them have the potential to be good shooters.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                All three of them can guard 2-4 if not 1-5. I'm not sure why anyone would be concerned with the potential for those three to play together. They have a very good overlap of skills, with OGs shooting complimenting Pascal's and Barnes' playmaking, etc. All 3 of them have the potential to be good shooters.
                It's just roster composition. So who's coming off the bench? Who's not playing in crunch time? Trent Jr? FVV? Birch? Achiuawa? The three guys can play at the same time, but it means at least one typical starter isn't going to start in the near future or be out there in crunch time.

You go with the 5 that gives you a best chance to win. But if one of our crew has to come off the bench and be a 6th man type of player, well that guy might want to get traded. Egos have to be managed at the end of the day.

Comment

• The good thing was that Scottie came off the bench at Florida State, I doubt he has any qualms about being that guy. He almost seemed to play better in Summer league after he sat for a bit. Who knows, he may prefer to see the game, make some adjustments and go in and put his stamp on the game.

His shooting has to improve a bit for him to be with Pascal and OG for substantial minutes, but I see that being the vision. None of those guys needs to be traded.

Comment

It's just roster composition. So who's coming off the bench? Who's not playing in crunch time? Trent Jr? FVV? Birch? Achiuawa? The three guys can play at the same time, but it means at least one typical starter isn't going to start in the near future or be out there in crunch time.

You go with the 5 that gives you a best chance to win. But if one of our crew has to come off the bench and be a 6th man type of player, well that guy might want to get traded. Egos have to be managed at the end of the day.

More or less my take as well. Playing one of OG, Siakam or Barnes at C is a match up based move they will definitely want to do but none of those guys are full time C's. So who comes off the bench? There is always a chance Barnes doesn't work out but he's got to be though of as a permanent part of the long term future right now so you gotta think he's going to be moved to the starting line up at some point. Seems unlikely Trent would be moved to allow the forwards to play 2-4 because Trent projects as a knockdown shooter type which we will badly need around two of Barnes/Birch/Precious.

Comment

These problems are at least 12 months away. Lets make sure Scottie Barnes is a good NBA player first before fretting about who to send out for his starters spot
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        I don't think they have any intention of trading one of OG/Pascal/Scottie to "make room" for the others. They have every intention of playing all three together, either at 2-4 or 3-5. Now, they could decide to sell on the older guys in a couple years, in which case Pascal would be traded and there would be an obvious spot to slot Scottie in, but I really don't think they will ever be looking at the roster and think they have to move one of those guys because of fit.
                        yeah this seems obvious to me. i think that if guys live up to the club's expectations, the four on the floor when it matter most will be fred, pascal, OG, and barnes. the fifth would be a big or trent, depending on the needs of the matchup. perhaps not this year depending on barnes' development, but that's what i think the vision is.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

These problems are at least 12 months away. Lets make sure Scottie Barnes is a good NBA player first before fretting about who to send out for his starters spot
                          It's August Keon, what the hell else are we going to talk about?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

It's August Keon, what the hell else are we going to talk about?
                            Fantasy Football drafts!

OK...I'll see myself out
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Well, the answer to the bold here is Birch. He's a not really a "typical starter" he played backup C his whole career. He was starting at the end of last season when we were tanking because, Baynes. Looked good there by comparison, but I think my cousin Steve would've looked good there too if compared to Baynes, as did Gillespie.

Barnes has to earn his keep for sure, but it's extremely unlikely he won't be a better player than Birch right out of the gates. They're actually the same height but Barnes has a longer wingspan, may still be growing, and can do all the other guard stuff Birch can't.

The 5 best players on this team are Fred-Trent-OG-Siakam-Barnes. If they don't waste time with positional dogmas and egos/pecking-order BS (which I don't think would be an issue with Birch to begin with), that's who you start and close with. Your 5 best players.

Comment

• Wish they took the gs offer. Kuminga/moody/wiggins and wiseman wudda been a steal. Heard the offers still there minus moody 😞

Comment

Working...
                                X