Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

We lost Lowry and his 17ppg from the season you are referring to.

We are very much down to 3 reliable scorers in Pascal, FVV and what I would expect is Trent Jr.
    kyle missed a bunch of games that season and we still did fine in them. all the biggest offensive contributors on tht team missed games and we didn't miss a beat.

i just don't see a whole lot of difference between that team that leaned on a scoring by committee approach centered and this one. i'm not saying i expect we'll be as good as that team, this one is way younger and don't have the same chemistry, just that neither team relied on or will rely on heavily one or two players to carry the scoring burden.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

kyle missed a bunch of games that season and we still did fine in them. all the biggest offensive contributors on tht team missed games and we didn't miss a beat.

i just don't see a whole lot of difference between that team that leaned on a scoring by committee approach centered and this one. i'm not saying i expect we'll be as good as that team, this one is way younger and don't have the same chemistry, just that neither team relied on or will rely on heavily one or two players to carry the scoring burden.
      I'll say it again, the 3 young guys are the x factor on how this season will go (Flynn, barnes, precious). We have 6 nba pros who have all proven they can average 15+ a game. Then we have birch whos essentially a decent warm body at the 5. After that, it's all question marks. If 2 or 3 of those kids play really well this year, its gonna be a fun season where we surprise pundits (again)
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Yeah, on the one hand there's a core of players a couple years behind them. On the other hand it's not like you line up a team of 7 guys born in the same year, ever. I see more of management keeping their options open by keeping contracts as flexible as possible. All depends on what happens, how guys develop, how the team does, what offers come up, etc. They could hang onto these guys if things are going great. They could look to make moves if progress stalls or a great opportunity comes up. Basically what they've been doing to date. A bit different of a situation than if you have an Embiid or a Giannis on the roster, for sure.

exactly you don't trap yourself into one way out unless you have to

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

If you trade Pascal it has to be for the final piece of the puzzle (DeMar for Kawhi), right?
          correct

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Not really. Fred is our Udonis Haslem.
            when was the last time he played again?

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

The difference would be that on the Demar for Kawhi trade we were already at the top of the conference with ECF appearance and high reg season wins the years prior. Team was primed for a finals run. We're rebuilding now, so if we were to get a superstar here with Siakam as the trade centerpiece, we'd still be treading water.

Team needs some time to develop and add value from within now. If anything the only Siakam move that would make sense is a for a solid young prospect, ballast, and 3 or 4 first round picks imo. That's what would golden state would have to cough up at minimum, but as usual, they probably want to have the cake and eat it too (like Philly at the trade deadline with Lowry). Sometimes you need to sacrifice some of the future to make a true title push now, but a lot of times teams want to have both it ways. So Siakam ain't going nowhere, they can salivate all they want.
              both could make sense depending on how the season goes but premptively doing it right now is too early for one move or another. Siakam is also on a longer term deal and its not like he is playing like ben simmons so you can actually get assets for the guy that are decent.

Also the teams that want siakam don't have 3-4 first round picks on average and if they do its not picks that you want. Think about LA and their teams... what picks are you getting... picks that are in 2027 and 2028... that is so far out that who the heck knows and doesn't help you for this situation anyways so then lets say you end up in the same situation you are now. Barnes being siakam or OG level good but no one to pair him with in 3 years.... well SHUCKS.. doesn't that just suck a fat one...

Also you aren't out tanking the Thunder or Houston for the next 3 years and a few other teams so what are we doing with trying to get worse except watch a crap product

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

when was the last time he played again?
                May 13th, 2021. He got ejected. lol. #Culture

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-dwight-howard

Comment

I am shocked

Comment

ORTG of 200
                    USG of 30%
                    TS% of 100%
                    BPM of 31.1
                    WS/48 of .475

Superstar

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Again, I point you to the 2019-20 campaign when Kawhi was gone and Siakam performed well enough to earn an all-NBA nod. It was only when the extremely weird circumstances of the bubble and the COVID season came along that he struggled. Why would we attribute those struggles to generally being unable to perform under pressure when we have loads of evidence he is quite capable of that, when we have blindingly obvious reasons why he might have struggled practically slapping us in the face?
                          I rest my case

Comment

• Those are great defensive numbers. Also, you very very rarely see a guy on lists like that who is also asked to close out games offensively. It is possible that Siakam rimming out eog buzzer beaters has something to do with his defensive output for the previous 30-35 minutes. Stars who can play two way at that level tend to pick their spots defensively as they mature so they can do what they need to offensively. Might need that out of Siakam if they want to keep handing him the ball in the clutch.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Those are great defensive numbers. Also, you very very rarely see a guy on lists like that who is also asked to close out games offensively. It is possible that Siakam rimming out eog buzzer beaters has something to do with his defensive output for the previous 30-35 minutes. Stars who can play two way at that level tend to pick their spots defensively as they mature so they can do what they need to offensively. Might need that out of Siakam if they want to keep handing him the ball in the clutch.
                              Yeah, Pascal covers a ton of ground, like a middle linebacker in Nurse’s highly demanding defense. And Fred is like a free safety. Pretty sure they both would be top 10 in distanced travelled in a game - at least on defense.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I rest my case
                                So you admit your only point is that Pascal struggled in situations he will likely never be in again and you fully expect he will return to his previous form of excelling the the playoffs and regular season as per our chip run and the regular season that followed it? Great, glad we could find some common ground.

I mean, if that is, as you say, your case. Then we have little to argue about.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X