Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

The ideal scenario here is while Siakam is recovering from the surgery, Scottie starts at PF, does great, and becomes an essential part of our starting unit. Then when Siakam is back, Nurse has no choice but send Birch to the bench instead of Scottie, and we can truly start our best 5.
    I think during the first month we could very well see Scottie playing a ton of different positions. They will likely try him for a few minutes here and there at center, a few minutes at point.

My dream line up would be Scottie, FVV, OG, Siakam, Birch/Precious.

Comment

• My dream lineup is FVV, Trent Jr., Scottie, Pascal, OG the three big can take turns guarding the 5. All three should be crashing the boards and pushing the ball up

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        My dream lineup is FVV, Trent Jr., Scottie, Pascal, OG the three big can take turns guarding the 5. All three should be crashing the boards and pushing the ball up
        that would be our death line up in the playoffs. Good mix of spot up and shooting creation from trent potentially, fvv, and OG, and then you have play makers in pascal, scottie, and potentially fred. Defensively FVV, scottie, pascal and OG, are all 4 top level defenders, with trent as an x factor.

Comment

My dream lineup is FVV, Trent Jr., Scottie, Pascal, OG the three big can take turns guarding the 5. All three should be crashing the boards and pushing the ball up
          Yup, that should (eventually) by the Closing/Death lineup.

Comment

I'd go Achiuawa/Pascal/Scottie/OG/FVV.. that's two shooters, and 4 agile forwards that can guard multiple positions on switches. A lot of box and one basically.

Comment

• You know how modern basketball eliminated PF position? I think Raptors if successful will eliminate SG position. If your SF can shoot and can guard quick guards why not play him at SG?
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I'd go Achiuawa/Pascal/Scottie/OG/FVV.. that's two shooters, and 4 agile forwards that can guard multiple positions on switches. A lot of box and one basically.
                again if pascal can get back to above 33% on his 3 point shot this team is dangerous.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Yup, that should (eventually) by the Closing/Death lineup.
                  Yeah, 'eventually' is key. I'm excited for Scottie, but he's a pretty raw rookie. Rookie's generally don't help you win initially. GTJ also has a lot of work to do to be consistent and reliable. Those are not characteristics of players you usually close games with. Unless there's locker room issues, I'd expect to see some Dragic in closing lineups. GTJ will likely be in them but he may be hit or miss for a while yet. I think we really need to temper Scottie expectations, he's going to be fun but he's got a multi-year road ahead of him. NN will give him opportunities in a lot of different situations like he does with everyone, but results may vary.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Yeah, 'eventually' is key. I'm excited for Scottie, but he's a pretty raw rookie. Rookie's generally don't help you win initially. GTJ also has a lot of work to do to be consistent and reliable. Those are not characteristics of players you usually close games with. Unless there's locker room issues, I'd expect to see some Dragic in closing lineups. GTJ will likely be in them but he may be hit or miss for a while yet. I think we really need to temper Scottie expectations, he's going to be fun but he's got a multi-year road ahead of him. NN will give him opportunities in a lot of different situations like he does with everyone, but results may vary.
                    I honestly keep forgetting dragic is on the team.

I am keeping expectations low. He is a 2-3 year project. He has a decent handle but it could be better. But I think he will have a chance early on to get some really good reps in. If he plays REALLY well it will allow him to stay in the rotation as a big piece moving forward which will accelerate his development.

I think defence is his calling card but he needs to become more patient on the offensive end with when he executes his reads. He reads the game well but sometimes its holding the ball for a half second or second longer. Especially when you are in a middling clock situation and the clock looks like it has 16 seconds. That is not the time to move quickly. It is a game of chess. That extra step or extra second can make a world of difference and open things up for the rest of the squad including Siakam when he gets back.

My only fear is that the fan base will see Scottie do pretty well early on in the schedule and will want to automatically trade siakam.. which is NOT the move.

Comment

• How teams defend us may dictate who plays. You would expect to see teams stuff the paint keeping guys from scoring around the basket and daring guys to take and make shots from the perimeter.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        How teams defend us may dictate who plays. You would expect to see teams stuff the paint keeping guys from scoring around the basket and daring guys to take and make shots from the perimeter.
                        That's what makes the death lineup so scary, especially if Pascal (and Scottie for that matter) can hit their 3s, but even if they can't they're surrounded by 3 knock-down shooters.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          You know how modern basketball eliminated PF position? I think Raptors if successful will eliminate SG position. If your SF can shoot and can guard quick guards why not play him at SG?
                          Except that Gary Trent Jr, may be one of our 5 best players. He's 22, and put up impressive numbers in his third year. He needs to improve his shot selection and get guys more involved. He's an average to above average defender, shoots a career .393 from deep, has a good midrange game. I don't know what more we would want... 5" of wingspan I guess???

I agree in time (when Scottie develops) we need to find a way for Scottie to get into the lineup. I think Gary not be the guy we sub him for though

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

That's what makes the death lineup so scary, especially if Pascal (and Scottie for that matter) can hit their 3s, but even if they can't they're surrounded by 3 knock-down shooters.
                            I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not sure we will be able to describe our closing lineup as dominant on offense. Part of what made the Golden State closing lineup so difficult to stop was having Steph draw so much attention and create so much havoc with his dribble penetration. We don't have anyone like that. We're going to have to stop other teams and rely on ball movement to get shots circa San Antonio Spurs.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                              ...My only fear is that the fan base will see Scottie do pretty well early on in the schedule and will want to automatically trade siakam.. which is NOT the move.
                              Exactly.
                              Siakim, Fred, Scottie, Og and pick your C based on matchup is your move. Siakim's 3 comes back, Fred and OG shoot their averages from the last couple of years (or better) and you have outside shooting, with Scottie you have 3 playmakers, with OG you have 4 good switching and on ball defenders and whatever you get out of the center(s). That's a playoff team.

Comment

• Pascal, Scottie, and OG can all switch onto a C and be on the court together without a traditional C. Fans thinking Scottie is a Siakam replacement fundamentally do not get what we're doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X