No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn't even talking about you Claw, just relax. There was a bunch of people saying that Siakam wasn't worth keeping, that he was not going to bounce back, etc.

Also don't get the trade for KAT or Wiggins, both are considered "Soft" and have like no playoff experience, but ok.
    Kat has 5 total playoff games under his belt and the stats aren't good.
    Wiggins has played one whole playoff game. Wiseman and Kuminga may have potential but nobody really knows yet.

No need to "try again".

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
      Wasn't even talking about you Claw, just relax. There was a bunch of people saying that Siakam wasn't worth keeping, that he was not going to bounce back, etc.

Also don't get the trade for KAT or Wiggins, both are considered "Soft" and have like no playoff experience, but ok.
      Kat has 5 total playoff games under his belt and the stats aren't good.
      Wiggins has played one whole playoff game. Wiseman and Kuminga may have potential but nobody really knows yet.

No need to "try again".
      This coming playoffs is a good guage where this team is at….those prior proposals can be revisited in the offseason

for now….Siakam is balling so no complaints

Comment

• Spicy P deserves better than to have this tread on page 5 of the forum.

He's been an absolute beast on both sides of the ball for the majority of the season now and against some good competition. Worthy of gracing the MVP ladder.

Comment

• All-NBA. 2nd team?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            All-NBA. 2nd team?
            That's a good question. What would the All-NBA teams look like this year?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

That's a good question. What would the All-NBA teams look like this year?
              Joel and Nikola can both be listed as forwards.. so I don't think Pascal makes it.

First team: Embiid, Jokic, Giannis, Luka, Ja
              Second team: KAT, Tatum, DeRozan, Steph, Trae
              Third Team: Gobert, KD, Lebron, Paul, Booker

Something like that.. if DeRozan is a "guard" than Pascal has a chance. I didn't even include Jimmy though.
              Last edited by planetmars; Tue Mar 29, 2022, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• jokic, embiid, giannis, and tatum are locks for frontcourt spots on the first two teams.

can pascal make it over durant, lebron, derozan, butler, or bam? he's got a case but i suspect voters will go with the institutions of durant and lebron despite the missed games for the former and poor record of the latter.

honestly i'll be shocked if he even makes third team. he deserves to, but that doesn't mean anything

Comment

• I doubt he makes 2nd team. If he does make it, it'll be 3rd team.

Comment

• lets be honest….narrative matters. His performance in the playoff bubble still affected his stock, eventhough that was 2 seasons ago.

You dont hear this kind of talk of him being included in an All NBA team, outside of the confines of this forum and toronto media. Raptors fans would be lucky to even hear his name being mentioned by MSM Talking heads.

Hopefully he reverses that existing impression this coming playoffs. Obviously, he is the no.1 option, he should own it and the expectation to perform well when it matters most.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                      lets be honest….narrative matters. His performance in the playoff bubble still affected his stock, eventhough that was 2 seasons ago.

You dont hear this kind of talk of him being included in an All NBA team, outside of the confines of this forum and toronto media. Raptors fans would be lucky to even hear his name being mentioned by MSM Talking heads.

Hopefully he reverses that existing impression this coming playoffs. Obviously, he is the no.1 option, he should own it and the expectation to perform well when it matters most.
                      Yeah narrative matters.. but it wasn't the bubble. It's the team's regular season performance. They are frankly mediocre. Basically a 6th/7th ranked seed in the conference. About the 13th best team in the league. When Pascal got all-nba in 2020 it was because we had the the 2nd best record in the league. Someone from the Raptors had to make the team, and Pascal had the best counting stats so it was him.

This season no Raptor has to make it. They just aren't good enough. And guys putting up big numbers on bad teams are putting up better numbers (like Lebron, Trae, KD to name a few).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah narrative matters.. but it wasn't the bubble. It's the team's regular season performance. They are frankly mediocre. Basically a 6th/7th ranked seed in the conference. About the 13th best team in the league. When Pascal got all-nba in 2020 it was because we had the the 2nd best record in the league. Someone from the Raptors had to make the team, and Pascal had the best counting stats so it was him.

This season no Raptor has to make it. They just aren't good enough. And guys putting up big numbers on bad teams are putting up better numbers (like Lebron, Trae, KD to name a few).
                        Understandably he started way behind and then slow following shoulder surgery.

However I believed that the Media votes who gets in using the point system….specific player assigned points, 5 for 1st team, 3 points for 2nd team and 1 point for the 3rd team. Two guards, two forwards and a Center. So i agree with you, him being a forward to be selected over some of the household names could be very difficult.

that being said, we can not deny that it is still driven by a personal opinion. So that reputation even that was 2 seasons ago would still follow him.

As I said, his performance this playoffs will correct everything and refresh their memories how great he was when he got his ring.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Understandably he started way behind and then slow following shoulder surgery.

However I believed that the Media votes who gets in using the point system….specific player assigned points, 5 for 1st team, 3 points for 2nd team and 1 point for the 3rd team. Two guards, two forwards and a Center. So i agree with you, him being a forward to be selected over some of the household names could be very difficult.

that being said, we can not deny that it is still driven by a personal opinion. So that reputation even that was 2 seasons ago would still follow him.

As I said, his performance this playoffs will correct everything and refresh their memories how great he was when he got his ring.
                          The votes go in before the playoffs.. and DeMar has had equally bad performances too.. yet he seems like a lock.

If Toronto surpasses Chicago in the standings.. than I would like to see Pascal get in over DeMar. Their stats are pretty close:
                          https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...&p2yrfrom=2022

DeMar gets to the line more, and has better efficiency there. Also averages about 5ppg more which is significant. But DeMar has had some highlights.. like the New Year's Eve and Day game winners. Pascal doesn't have that on his resume this year. The casual voter only watches ESPN highlights. Not too many Raptor highlights.

Pascal got 40 last night but the story wasn't his performance. It was that Boston was undermanned and still almost beat the Raptors (it had to go to O/T).

Comment

The votes go in before the playoffs.. and DeMar has had equally bad performances too.. yet he seems like a lock.

If Toronto surpasses Chicago in the standings.. than I would like to see Pascal get in over DeMar. Their stats are pretty close:
                            https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...&p2yrfrom=2022

DeMar gets to the line more, and has better efficiency there. Also averages about 5ppg more which is significant. But DeMar has had some highlights.. like the New Year's Eve and Day game winners. Pascal doesn't have that on his resume this year. The casual voter only watches ESPN highlights. Not too many Raptor highlights.

Pascal got 40 last night but the story wasn't his performance. It was that Boston was undermanned and still almost beat the Raptors (it had to go to O/T).

That’s what I said, the playoffs would come after the votes are in the ballots. If he performs well this coming post season and carry that reputation into the regular season next year, he is a lock. His goal is to prove the doubters wrong when it matters most.

Siakam received one first team vote, 36 second team votes, and 55 third team votes, appearing on 92 of a possible 100 ballots cast by NBA media. Voting for the award was on only the games that took place before the NBA's COVID-19 shut down on March 11. All games played in the Orlando Bubble did not count toward All-NBA voting.

Siakam's 2019-20 campaign showed another impressive step forward for the Raptors' forward. He topped a 2018-19 Most Improved Player season by earning his first all-star game appearance while averaging 23.1 points on 46% shooting with 7.5 rebounds per game before the pandemic.

Comment

That's my take too. Team record in the current season carries more weight than impressions (good and bad) from old seasons. Siakam and KAT have the numbers to make it, though the respective teams are somewhat in the middle so it'd be hard for them to get a spot. If he keeps this level of play next season and the we're around that 2 to 4 seed zone, he'll make it.

Comment

• Siakam was already a household name….MIP awardee then followed that by being A Champion who was instrumental to their long journey to get there….then the playoff bubble happened. Went back to being an afterthought by MSM.

time to destroy that reputation this playoffs and get back to glory

Comment

Working...
                                X