Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah narrative matters.. but it wasn't the bubble. It's the team's regular season performance. They are frankly mediocre. Basically a 6th/7th ranked seed in the conference. About the 13th best team in the league. When Pascal got all-nba in 2020 it was because we had the the 2nd best record in the league. Someone from the Raptors had to make the team, and Pascal had the best counting stats so it was him.

This season no Raptor has to make it. They just aren't good enough. And guys putting up big numbers on bad teams are putting up better numbers (like Lebron, Trae, KD to name a few).
    Almost every team is mediocre this year. Only a few teams have records that are leaps & bounds ahead than the Raptors. It's all just degrees of mediocre. I dunno how much you can weight team record this season.

Comment

• Guess what ….

Pascal Siakam getting interviewed by ESPN NBA today shortly.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Almost every team is mediocre this year. Only a few teams have records that are leaps & bounds ahead than the Raptors. It's all just degrees of mediocre. I dunno how much you can weight team record this season.
        There are degrees for sure.. but someone like Jimmy would get more votes than Pascal simply by being on what was for most of the season the #1 team in the East. Pascal was for the majority of the season was on a play-in team.

There really is no science to the vote. It's a feeling and I'm analyzing who I think makes the team based on feelings. Nobody pays attention to Toronto.. especially since they've been pretty bad all year (except for maybe the past month or so - and even then not much love).

I brought up DeMar earlier. He's pretty much a lock. But Toronto could surpass Chicago quite easily before the season ends. Is DeMar that much better than Pascal? By the stats they are pretty even. Give DeMar the edge on a few advanced stats.. but Pascal on most counting stats (except for ppg which matters). Plus he was an all-star starter. Pascal didn't even make it to the game. Not even as an injury replacement.

DeMar however was on a better team for a lot longer than Pascal was, and that will sway voters. Plus DeMar was mentioned along side Michael Jordan for some point streaks that he had during the year.

Pascal has been a foot note. I bet most media members would still consider Fred as the MVP to the Raptors this year and not Pascal. Would anyone really be surprised if Fred got more votes than Pascal did when it was all over?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
          Guess what ….

Tooted his horn and numbers on National TV which is good.

Malika threw the All NBA hype so that is definitely a start.

He has a chance.

Comment

• Pascal Siakam and Chiney Ogwumike not a bad pair

after all Siakam is single

Comment

• Hot damn….

Jalen and Jacoby talking about Siakam

and another mention about All NBA

The after effect of a 40 piece

Comment

There are degrees for sure.. but someone like Jimmy would get more votes than Pascal simply by being on what was for most of the season the #1 team in the East. Pascal was for the majority of the season was on a play-in team.

There really is no science to the vote. It's a feeling and I'm analyzing who I think makes the team based on feelings. Nobody pays attention to Toronto.. especially since they've been pretty bad all year (except for maybe the past month or so - and even then not much love).

I brought up DeMar earlier. He's pretty much a lock. But Toronto could surpass Chicago quite easily before the season ends. Is DeMar that much better than Pascal? By the stats they are pretty even. Give DeMar the edge on a few advanced stats.. but Pascal on most counting stats (except for ppg which matters). Plus he was an all-star starter. Pascal didn't even make it to the game. Not even as an injury replacement.

DeMar however was on a better team for a lot longer than Pascal was, and that will sway voters. Plus DeMar was mentioned along side Michael Jordan for some point streaks that he had during the year.

Pascal has been a foot note. I bet most media members would still consider Fred as the MVP to the Raptors this year and not Pascal. Would anyone really be surprised if Fred got more votes than Pascal did when it was all over?
                Butler has only played 53 games, so that's another criteria that needs to be mentioned. Durant has only played 48 games. Is there a minimum games played to even qualify for All-NBA, like there are for stats?

Comment

• If there is recency bias in the voting that helps Pascal a lot. He's been freaking amazing down the stretch.

Just be thankful fans don't get to vote on all NBA. Or we'd have Wiggins on the first team.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Butler has only played 53 games, so that's another criteria that needs to be mentioned. Durant has only played 48 games. Is there a minimum games played to even qualify for All-NBA, like there are for stats?
                    https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/lea...e-all-nba-team

Most recent was Lebron who played 45 games last year (out of 72). Wade in 2012 who played 49 games (out of 62). But for an 82 game schedule, Yao Ming played in 49 games and made it.

So I'd say that's a pretty good barometer. KD will clear that easily.

Comment

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/lea...e-all-nba-team

Most recent was Lebron who played 45 games last year (out of 72). Wade in 2012 who played 49 games (out of 62). But for an 82 game schedule, Yao Ming played in 49 games and made it.

So I'd say that's a pretty good barometer. KD will clear that easily.
                      Should have to play 60 jmo or 75%

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                        Guess what ….

For those who haven't seen it

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                          jokic, embiid, giannis, and tatum are locks for frontcourt spots on the first two teams.

can pascal make it over durant, lebron, derozan, butler, or bam? he's got a case but i suspect voters will go with the institutions of durant and lebron despite the missed games for the former and poor record of the latter.

honestly i'll be shocked if he even makes third team. he deserves to, but that doesn't mean anything
                          Embiid was 2nd team Center last year. I suspect he will be again, voters actual vote C/F/Guard again.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Embiid was 2nd team Center last year. I suspect he will be again, voters actual vote C/F/Guard again.
                            there's a bit of a controversy about this this year based on this tweet from marc stein:

so voters can vote them both embiid and jokic onto the first team, but if they pick the wrong position they could end up missing out on all-nba altogether.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

there's a bit of a controversy about this this year based on this tweet from marc stein:

so voters can vote them both embiid and jokic onto the first team, but if they pick the wrong position they could end up missing out on all-nba altogether.
                              What that tells me is they're both gonna get mostly all center votes, and be first and 2nd team center, just like last year, since they're both clearly centers. They play 100% center, there's no grey area. Just the nba is making it muddier than it needs to be as usual.

A guy like derozan it's murkier and could really fuck up his all nba placement (to me he's a 2nd team all nba small forward, I got giannis and KD team 1 and lebron and demar team 2). This would also trickle down to effect Pascal, we got guys like Tatum and Butler still not on a team. Pascal could get (wrongfully) snubbed again.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

What that tells me is they're both gonna get mostly all center votes, and be first and 2nd team center, just like last year, since they're both clearly centers. They play 100% center, there's no grey area. Just the nba is making it muddier than it needs to be as usual.

A guy like derozan it's murkier and could really fuck up his all nba placement (to me he's a 2nd team all nba small forward, I got giannis and KD team 1 and lebron and demar team 2). This would also trickle down to effect Pascal, we got guys like Tatum and Butler still not on a team. Pascal could get (wrongfully) snubbed again.
                                i agree with you that's most likely how it will shake out, but i don't think voters are happy about it and also think they should probably take away the position designations.

and if that is how it shakes out, i think tatum has a pretty good shot at first team alongside giannis and will at least make second team. if i can set aside my blind hatred for the celtics for a second, i would say i think he has a better case than derozan at least, as they're about a draw on offence but tatum is also an excellent defender and on the better team.

Comment

Working...
                                X