Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris wrote: View Post

i agree with you that's most likely how it will shake out, but i don't think voters are happy about it and also think they should probably take away the position designations.

and if that is how it shakes out, i think tatum has a pretty good shot at first team alongside giannis and will at least make second team. if i can set aside my blind hatred for the celtics for a second, i would say i think he has a better case than derozan at least, as they're about a draw on offence but tatum is also an excellent defender and on the better team.
    The NBA took away positions by trying not to actually take it away. Jokic and Embiid are listed as Center/Forwards even though they strictly play Center. Booker is listed as a Guard/Forward, even though he is strictly a guard, Tatum is listed as a Forward/Guard even though he doesn't play guard.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

The NBA took away positions by trying not to actually take it away. Jokic and Embiid are listed as Center/Forwards even though they strictly play Center. Booker is listed as a Guard/Forward, even though he is strictly a guard, Tatum is listed as a Forward/Guard even though he doesn't play guard.
      right, but what i mean is that they should entirely take away positions and just name 5 players for first, second, and third team. all they've done is complicate things by expanding players' position eligibilities, because votes for one of the positions a given player is listed at won't count as per the marc stein tweet above

Comment

• has pascal grown as a leader just wondering others opinion since I may be biased

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
          has pascal grown as a leader just wondering others opinion since I may be biased
          Definitely leading by example. I assume Fred is the vocal leader.

Pascal has been scoring when the team needs him to and playmaking when he has to.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
            has pascal grown as a leader just wondering others opinion since I may be biased
            He is evolving to be a leader.
            And his game has progressed as well.
            His move was always the spin before, but now he is starting to be patient and as the game slows down for him, he is also utilizing some nice footwork in the paint.
            As someone who loves players with great footwork ala Kobe, DeMar and Pierce, it's really fascinating to watch.

Comment

• Seem like the leadership commitee is very much looking to repeat itself from the we the north era. Fred the scrappy PG. is the vocal locker room guy who lays his body on the line and gets dirty on the court showing the younger guys if he will sacrifice his health they better get on board to. Also has the respect/mantra to show the team and the coach i he feels like he needs to take more shots he is going to do it to try and carry the team.

Pascal is more the quiet, work on the game and knows what he needs to do to make the team successful. Scoring and when the time calls for it taking a back seat to get others involved. He may be less vocal in the locker room, we dont really know but i just kinda get the vibe.

O.G was supposed to be the third guy, but i think that dude is Scottie. But for a different reason. Scottie if the fun loving, also enjoying the game and loves hyping up his team mates and big upping them on a big play/ game.

You can see the formula working, with a guy like Gary. He came a new team has great success individually. But he doesn't say i need the shots i can avg 25. He more then happy to talk about Fred and Pascal and how they help him be the player he is now. If gary was having the same season on a team like say the Hornets he would probably be wondering why he isnt near the top of the pecking order
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                Seem like the leadership commitee is very much looking to repeat itself from the we the north era. Fred the scrappy PG. is the vocal locker room guy who lays his body on the line and gets dirty on the court showing the younger guys if he will sacrifice his health they better get on board to. Also has the respect/mantra to show the team and the coach i he feels like he needs to take more shots he is going to do it to try and carry the team.

Pascal is more the quiet, work on the game and knows what he needs to do to make the team successful. Scoring and when the time calls for it taking a back seat to get others involved. He may be less vocal in the locker room, we dont really know but i just kinda get the vibe.

O.G was supposed to be the third guy, but i think that dude is Scottie. But for a different reason. Scottie if the fun loving, also enjoying the game and loves hyping up his team mates and big upping them on a big play/ game.

You can see the formula working, with a guy like Gary. He came a new team has great success individually. But he doesn't say i need the shots i can avg 25. He more then happy to talk about Fred and Pascal and how they help him be the player he is now. If gary was having the same season on a team like say the Hornets he would probably be wondering why he isnt near the top of the pecking order
                Who's our giant handed cold blooded assassin that we secretly suspect is a cyborg?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Who's our giant handed cold blooded assassin that we secretly suspect is a cyborg?
                  Masai
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Masai
                    Can he do the 4 rim bounce thing?

Comment

Chris 'the trigger' Boucher

Comment

• This man's footwork just keeps getting better. The whole Demar - Paul Pierce (shivers) comparison is becoming more apparent. He continues to improve. can't wait to see him in the playoffs.

Comment

• https://www.sportsnet.ca/longform/ho...he-nbas-elite/

Much like a Luka Doncic technical foul, all previous digs on this forum about M Grange have been rescinded.
                          What an article. Please read the whole thing.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            https://www.sportsnet.ca/longform/ho...he-nbas-elite/

Much like a Luka Doncic technical foul, all previous digs on this forum about M Grange have been rescinded.
                            What an article. Please read the whole thing.
                            its a beautiful thing to see... i can't wait to see this squad rolled out close to full health in the playoffs.

Comment

• You can definitely see the joy and passion returned for Pascal. Dude didn't seem to smile for months but he's back.

Comment

You can definitely see the joy and passion returned for Pascal. Dude didn't seem to smile for months but he's back.
                                More importantly, he's on a mission. Gonna prove the haters were wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X