• Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Discuss.
    Please explain the French first

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Please explain the French first
      I believe that "Je ne sais quoi", loosely translated into English, is something like "that indescribable something":

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Discuss.
        I'm an optimist and I'm generous and I love Pascal but this is way, way, way too soon. Kyle's barely begun to enjoy the title of GROAT, let KLOE sit with it for a few minutes at least, Aaron, sheesh.

Pascal's only in the very early stages of showing the world what he's got as a leader of this team. Hopefully he'll deliver us to great heights (with the help of a great, growing, improving, well-rounded squad.) I have every belief he could get to GROAT status, sure, why not -- go out and get it Pascal!! -- but this is just foolishness, presently.

Comment

• Yeah, he needs a couple more seasons leading this team into the second round and beyond before he can sniff that title. Maybe had covid and the bubble not happened, he'd be in the conversation, but yeah, not yet.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

I'm an optimist and I'm generous and I love Pascal but this is way, way, way too soon. Kyle's barely begun to enjoy the title of GROAT, let KLOE sit with it for a few minutes at least, Aaron, sheesh.

Pascal's only in the very early stages of showing the world what he's got as a leader of this team. Hopefully he'll deliver us to great heights (with the help of a great, growing, improving, well-rounded squad.) I have every belief he could get to GROAT status, sure, why not -- go out and get it Pascal!! -- but this is just foolishness, presently.
            I agree

Comment

• Love Kyle but our GROAT bar is relatively low so who knows.

Comment

agreed.

hopefully pascal does eventually assume the title and gets to enjoy it for a few years though, before scottie takes it from him.

Comment

Imagine if Masai had traded Lowry for Conley at the 2019 trade deadline, as was widely rumored. Would Kyle still be the GROAT? Would we have still have won the chip?

I wonder how close that deal actually was.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Imagine if Masai had traded Lowry for Conley at the 2019 trade deadline, as was widely rumored. Would Kyle still be the GROAT? Would we have still have won the chip?

We were also about to trade Lowry to the Knicks for draft picks the year before that I believe. Whole lotta alternate universes where Lowry gets dealt prior to the championship.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

We were also about to trade Lowry to the Knicks for draft picks the year before that I believe. Whole lotta alternate universes where Lowry gets dealt prior to the championship.
                      i think lowry to the knicks was much earlier than 2019, around the time of the rudy gay trade, when masai considered blowing it all the way up. but knicks got cold feet dealing with masai after the bargs trade.

but yeah, many alternate universes

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I think we may have won the chip still

Comment

• He added in a follow up tweet that Pascal is the only player to win a chip and be on two all nba teams as a Raptor. Depends on where you weigh all star games v allNBA I guess. So maybe the most decorated but it ignores Kyle’s many year, mostly undecorated, run to lead us to our final championship form

Comment

• My opinion about this topic isn't going to change. You guys just go with what the media say. The greatest Raptor of all time is Kawhi Leonard. Who cares about All NBA and All star appearances? It's all about the championship. The Raps won the title in 2019 because of Kawhi Leonard. Kawhi changed EVERYTHING. He even changed the narrative of Lowry's career. You can argue how he only played 1 year here all you want but the fact is he had more Raptors moments in that 1 year than any player that ever played for this franchise including the most iconic moment in Raptors history.

What if the Raptors didn't trade for Kawhi? they still would've made the playoffs but they would've got obliterated by the Sixers in the second round. They probably would've traded Lowry in the offseason. What would've been his legacy if that happened? I tell you what would've happened. We'd still be talking Vince Carter as the greatest player in history. And no way we'd be talking about Kyle and the HOF. But now he has a legit chance of making the HOF because of what happened in 2019. This year's playoff run didn't help him though.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              My opinion about this topic isn't going to change. You guys just go with what the media say. The greatest Raptor of all time is Kawhi Leonard. Who cares about All NBA and All star appearances? It's all about the championship. The Raps won the title in 2019 because of Kawhi Leonard. Kawhi changed EVERYTHING. He even changed the narrative of Lowry's career. You can argue how he only played 1 year here all you want but the fact is he had more Raptors moments in that 1 year than any player that ever played for this franchise including the most iconic moment in Raptors history.

What if the Raptors didn't trade for Kawhi? they still would've made the playoffs but they would've got obliterated by the Sixers in the second round. They probably would've traded Lowry in the offseason. What would've been his legacy if that happened? I tell you what would've happened. We'd still be talking Vince Carter as the greatest player in history. And no way we'd be talking about Kyle and the HOF. But now he has a legit chance of making the HOF because of what happened in 2019. This year's playoff run didn't help him though.
                              Siakam needs to get to the conference finals in order for me to shift who I think is the great. Regarding Kawhi, if he stayed for one more year I'd put him there. One season just isn't enough but he holds the greatest single season in my books and greatest single playoff run.

Comment

• Pretty distinct difference of being the greatest Raptor of all time and Being the greatest player to play for the Raptors. Kawhi is the 2nd one.

Comment

Working...
                                X