Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

It’s not the most valuable player…it’s trade value. Ie, many of us here wouldn’t want to trade Scottie for Durant. Does that mean Scottie is better than Durant? No…..at least not yet . He just has more trade value
    Nah I get that

But you think Mobley is the 9th most valuable trade asset to his team in the league?? I definitely wouldn’t have him that high

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      Durant was 10 so he had more trade value than Scotty according to Bill.

Yhe list was interesting, and makes for a good debate. Why is Jalen Brown higher than Siakam… are people actually ranking him higher now?
      Jaylen Brown is 3 years younger, on a better value contract, and his team just made the Finals. That’s the reasoning, I guess, but there’s no science to it… it’s Bill Simmons after all.

Comment

• Its definitely strange Mobley is so much higher than Scottie.

Scottie, Mobley and Cade are all together in terms of trade value.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

Nah I get that

But you think Mobley is the 9th most valuable trade asset to his team in the league?? I definitely wouldn’t have him that high
          i'd have him higher, and i'd have barnes way higher. cade would be higher too

i disagree with a bunch of entries on that list (as is inevitable with all these kinds of lists) but anthony edwards is the one who is waaay out of whack to me. he's a really dynamic and fun player but i think fairly one dimensional and i just don't think he's a lock to be a top 5 or 10 player in the future, which is where his ranking would seem to point to.

i think he's a lot like jalen green, who i think was maybe ranked too high at 31.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i disagree with a bunch of entries on that list (as is inevitable with all these kinds of lists) but anthony edwards is the one who is waaay out of whack to me. he's a really dynamic and fun player but i think fairly one dimensional and i just don't think he's a lock to be a top 5 or 10 player in the future, which is where his ranking would seem to point to.

i think he's a lot like jalen green, who i think was maybe ranked too high at 31.
            i forgot about beal. beal was definitely the most egregious ranking on this list.

he was 43 and i have beal in the 400 to 450 range

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Its definitely strange Mobley is so much higher than Scottie.

Scottie, Mobley and Cade are all together in terms of trade value.
              1. Scottie
              2. Cade
              3. Mobley

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

Hmm guess I just disagree then honestly

I’d take Ant over any of the 3 main draftees from last year and I have them all comfortably over Green

Comment

• It’s weird. If you listen to his podcasts, he has a weird blind spot for Scottie. He’ll speak very highly of him when he’s brought up but when he’s giving examples of great rookies, he almost always just mentions Mobley and Cade.

Comment

• Scottie doesn’t have the polish that the other two have yet. I think we could all agree Scottie is more raw than Mobley and Cade… which in my point of view is a good thing. Think Scottie has the highest ceiling out
                    of the three. Both Cade and Mobley were hyped huge coming out of college, and rightly so.

If Scottie can learn to shoot at a decent clip… The 50,40,90 clip or slightly below that, they’ll have nothing on him. He already has the better court vision than the other two… he’ll be close to Mobley on D, expect a huge leap from Scottie on that end this up coming year.

If Bill keeps doing this list yearly, I suspect Scottie will leap frog both those guys.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      It’s weird. If you listen to his podcasts, he has a weird blind spot for Scottie. He’ll speak very highly of him when he’s brought up but when he’s giving examples of great rookies, he almost always just mentions Mobley and Cade.
                      Bill is a homer. That's why. He is a good analyst but I guess he dials back in praise of Scottie so as not to irk his Boston friends.

Comment

Scottie doesn’t have the polish that the other two have yet. I think we could all agree Scottie is more raw than Mobley and Cade… which in my point of view is a good thing. Think Scottie has the highest ceiling out
                        of the three. Both Cade and Mobley were hyped huge coming out of college, and rightly so.

If Scottie can learn to shoot at a decent clip… The 50,40,90 clip or slightly below that, they’ll have nothing on him. He already has the better court vision than the other two… he’ll be close to Mobley on D, expect a huge leap from Scottie on that end this up coming year.

If Bill keeps doing this list yearly, I suspect Scottie will leap frog both those guys.
                        50-40-90 qualifies as elite, not decent. Good chance he never achieves it, as even most good to great shooters don't. If Scottie can hit the 3 at 35% next season, that will be excellent progression.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Bill is a homer. That's why. He is a good analyst but I guess he dials back in praise of Scottie so as not to irk his Boston friends.
                          Well, here's another (non-Bill Simmons) trade value ranking list. Mobley (14) & Cade (22) still clearly ahead of Barnes (30).

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-trad...kings-top-100/

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

Hmm guess I just disagree then honestly

I’d take Ant over any of the 3 main draftees from last year and I have them all comfortably over Green
                            yeah this def seems like a textbook case of agree to disagree

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

50-40-90 qualifies as elite, not decent. Good chance he never achieves it, as even most good to great shooters don't. If Scottie can hit the 3 at 35% next season, that will be excellent progression.
                              I think scottie will hit 34 and I think that is a BIG jump especially when you think that will be 34 across the entire year... he shot 30-31% this year and had moments where he shot 40% in a month.... so him up ticking 34.... even 35 as you outlined that is good enough. I don't think he will ever be 40% in his entire career for a season because of what it takes to get there. Every shooter will have slumps in a year for the most part...... Trent is a prime example where he had times when he was hitting at a top top level or FVV and yet other times when there was a bit of a slump....

Comment

Scottie doesn’t have the polish that the other two have yet. I think we could all agree Scottie is more raw than Mobley and Cade… which in my point of view is a good thing. Think Scottie has the highest ceiling out

if ANY player shoots 50/40/90 for a season they are typically considered no lower than all NBA first team..... that is how elite it is. Few players in NBA history have ever gotten to that mark. Jose was technically there for ONE season but missed it on a statistical anomaly. Durant hasn't even had 50/40/90 multiple times.. close but not. He has had it once. Nash had it 4 times. Dirk was there Kyrie was there. Curry obviously Bird twice, and Reggie miller. oh lastly Mark Price and randomly one year Brodgon the year we won the chip.....

VERY small list .... so you are asking for an extremely tall order ...

Comment

Working...
                                X