No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Middleton, Tatum, Lowry etc. came close. All I was saying is if he can improve his shooting to something close to that mark , he'll easily surpass those guys, He does everything else so well. He already has the .543 2p%. If he can get to somewhere between 36-40% 3pt. over his career, and improve to mid 80's FT, then he's a superstar. I'm not expecting this next season, but hopefully he can get there.

Comment

• From the video I've seen it looks like Pascal has been working hard on his 3pt shot this off-season. I can see him having another career year this season and averaging around 24-25 ppg.

He's going to be fun to watch.

Comment

• Pascal said he wanted to take another step, that step to launch him into the higher end perennial All-star is developing his 3pt shooting. When Siakam shoots a 3, I'm not confident it's going in... It would be game changing if he gets to that point.

Comment

• Last 21 games of last season, he averaged around 26.5 points, 9 rebounds and 6 assists and shot 51% FG.

21 games is a decent sample size, but if he continues that, he will have taken that next step.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            Pascal said he wanted to take another step, that step to launch him into the higher end perennial All-star is developing his 3pt shooting. When Siakam shoots a 3, I'm not confident it's going in... It would be game changing if he gets to that point.
            If he can shoot above the break 3's and if he can get to the line a tiny bit more and continue to be aggressive and continue to work on his finishing... there is another step he can take
            Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Sat Jul 30, 2022, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              Pascal said he wanted to take another step, that step to launch him into the higher end perennial All-star is developing his 3pt shooting. When Siakam shoots a 3, I'm not confident it's going in... It would be game changing if he gets to that point.
              Last time he had a full off-season without injury or COVID nonsense, he came back with 36% shooting on 6 attempts a game. Excited to see what another clean off-season can do for him.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Is Pascal like DeMar where he adds something new to his game every year? we will see.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• 26 other NBA executives passed on him and pretty much every sports media personality thought drafting Pascal at 27 was too high at the time. Incredible.

Comment

• Well this is Pascal's first full off season since 2019. Which is pretty wild to think about. 2020 was the bubble and the shortened off season. 2021, he had to recover from surgery, and here we are now.

Comment

• Pascal looks great, Scottie looks great, Precious looks great.... hungry and improving. That's our core.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Pascal looks great, Scottie looks great, Precious looks great.... hungry and improving. That's our core.
                        Plus Trent looks like all nba defense.

Hasn't there been some positive news about Fred as well?

Need some OG hype to add to the mix.

Comment

• Pascal was a legitimate off-the-dribble shooter for a long stretch pre-covid, it shouldn't be shocking that he couldn't shoot after the labrum thing.

Comment

• Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Plus Trent looks like all nba defense.

Hasn't there been some positive news about Fred as well?

Need some OG hype to add to the mix.
                              trent isn't all defence.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

trent isn't all defence.
                                It woud be interesting to know how much a player can improve their defense from season to season. I would have to expect there would be a big jump from rookie year to third year as the individual player adjusts to the speed at the NBA level. It would also depend on the defensive schemes the individual coaches use. I am guessing there is a huge difference in the defense coaches implement from college to pro level.

Experience against seasoned players would be huge for rooks and sophomores. Those who put time in watching game tape and learning the patterns of players they have to guard should show better D. The ability to focus, a drive to improve and a good memory would be crucial to a player's speed in learning a team's systems. A genetic outlier in terms of fast twitch muscle fiber, an inherent ability to recognize patterns, the ability to focus and a great memory would all be important contributors to excellent defensive ability but aren't generally measured when assessing it. We tend to use all encompassing terms like "good basketball IQ."

It is questionable how many of these factors can be learned over time. If you can't focus as well, or don't have a good ratio of fast twitch muscle fibre to slow twitch, or don't have as good a memory, you are going to be playing at a disadvantage that can only be somewhat improved. But there can be no doubt that improvement is possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X