Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

1. Apparently making it to the HOF is a low standard lol. Ok.

2. Lies. You've spammed this forum with so many boneheaded FVV trades that the one you mentioned was just one of them. I remember you mentioning trading the lottery pick because you're "not a fan of tanking"

3. 23 years old entering his 5th year. Name me an area of his game that he has gotten better at since his college days?

Try again.
    1. Your comprehension is a ltitle out of sort, lol. Derozan is a future HOFer (based on your Low standards)

2. I also suggested an iteration of a trade in the past that would allow us to get a younger player like a Tyrese Maxey for VanVleet. I don’t think that is a boneheaded suggestion. But you seem to get attached to a trade suggestion that you only invented in your mind So to just prove your flawed point.

3. Sorry bud, I won’t exert much effort to convince you that Trent Jr. is nothing but what you said he is. You can look up his numbers yourself.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

1. Your comprehension is a ltitle out of sort, lol. Derozan is a future HOFer (based on your Low standards)

2. I also suggested an iteration of a trade in the past that would allow us to get a younger player like a Tyrese Maxey for VanVleet. I don’t think that is a boneheaded suggestion. But you seem to get attached to a trade suggestion that you only invented in your mind So to just prove your flawed point.

3. Sorry bud, I won’t exert much effort to convince you that Trent Jr. is nothing but what you said he is. You can look up his numbers yourself.

1. DeMar will likely finish with 25K points, he's a multiple time all star, multiple time all nba, gold medalist. That's a low standard? again, ok.

2. Lucky for you I don't search for old posts even though it's too easy because you've spammed this forum with so many boneheaded FVV trades . All i needed to do was look at EVERY game thread the last 3-4 years and you'll see the Claw spamming game threads with an FVV thread scenario.

Am I right or am I right?

3. Lol. What numbers?
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

1. DeMar will likely finish with 25K points, he's a multiple time all star, multiple time all nba, gold medalist. That's a low standard? again, ok.

2. Lucky for you I don't search for old posts even though it's too easy because you've spammed this forum with so many boneheaded FVV trades . All i needed to do was look at EVERY game thread the last 3-4 years and you'll see the Claw spamming game threads with an FVV thread scenario.

Am I right or am I right?

3. Lol. What numbers?
        That’s what I said, based on your Low standards, Derozan is a future HOFer. He is at 19K points still a long way to go to 25K.
        Melo is a 10x all Star, 3x Olympic gold medalist, 7x all NBA selection.
        Melo deserved more than Derozan
        but both still cannot defend a pylon LOL

Like what golden said, hot takes in game threads stays in game threads…. haha…so were your recent stupid takes about Draymond, Klay and Jordan Poole and the gazillion takes you spew about Boucher and Trent.

I think I have done my penance on Fred VanVleet…so should you about the other players you hate and hated.

For your convenience…

https://www.basketball-reference.com...trentga02.html

Comment

Trent is the EXACT type of player when he played at Duke. A low IQ chucker. He was Grayson Allen's backup there. There's a reason for that.
          he started every game alongside grayson allen and put up similar numbers, except he was a freshman and allen was a senior

The Great One wrote: View Post
          Also, defense is not something you can teach. It's either you have it or you don't.
          that's one of the stupider things you've said in an illustrious and storied history of saying stupid things

Comment

• Defense can be taught, and likewise can be unlearned.
            Donovan Mitchell was a solid defender in college.

Comment

• Defensive mentality in terms of talent, toughness and tenacity can't be taught, but you can definitely improve IQ, positioning, rotations, etc.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                Defense can be taught, and likewise can be unlearned.
                Donovan Mitchell was a solid defender in college.
                .... defence can be tought to an extent.. but improving beyond a certain level is tough.. it requires one to be able to understand both offensive and defensive sides of the game at a high level make decisions within that and be able to recognize those things.. it also requires you to have good positioning, timing, and hip movements...

it is also hard to practise defence because in practise... you dont really practise for it in the same way you would offence and offensive skillsets. You can teach and practise the principles and you can go over schemes but having a team in sync or getting the decisions on when to communicate and what to notice are not as easy as it is to.. say moderately improve on your dribbling via practise and muscle memory.

It is the harder thing to teach and develop ... which may be why the raptors draft defence first because they feel you can learn the offensive side of the ball more easily.. not that either is "easy" but we are comparing the two.

Some of it is just experiencing things but some of the stuff is mentality .... and also learning how to pace yourself so you can exert your energy on both ends of the ball.. my coach in high school always told us.. you rest on offence not on defence. Not saying that is the correct way to teach but the point was to exert your energy there.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

.... defence can be tought to an extent.. but improving beyond a certain level is tough.. it requires one to be able to understand both offensive and defensive sides of the game at a high level make decisions within that and be able to recognize those things.. it also requires you to have good positioning, timing, and hip movements...

It is the harder thing to teach and develop ... which may be why the raptors draft defence first because they feel you can learn the offensive side of the ball more easily..
                  There's a reason Masai traded for Gary.
                  They wouldn't get him if they believed that he would be a liability.
                  It's true that defense can be difficult to learn, ESPECIALLY our scheme.
                  Even a vet like Thad confirms that.
                  Even Scottie who was a defensive stud in college is still adjusting.
                  Now, why are we not giving Gary some leeway when in fact he has shown improvement each year as a Raptor.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    Defensive mentality in terms of talent, toughness and tenacity can't be taught, but you can definitely improve IQ, positioning, rotations, etc.
                    I would actually argue the former can be taught (or directed at least) as well. Heck that was what changed for Trent here - his defensive approach was wildly different in terms of aggression compared to his time in Portland.

Whereas I'd argue his positioning on-ball and rotations off the ball are the two areas he still needs a lot of improvement in.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Now, why are we not giving Gary some leeway when in fact he has shown improvement each year as a Raptor.
                      there are multiple reasons why they traded for him.. for example him being the younger asset even if he wasn't as complete of a player (norm was and is a better shooter CURRENTLY we will see how that goes moving forward and is better at creating driving penetration) and they had team control over his upcoming deal which they wouldn't have had with Powell.

Using the whole ... oh they wouldn't have gotten him if he were a liability is lazy. You excuse gary when he gets traded for mid season not when he goes through an entire training camp with the crew. Did I say he was the worst in the league? Nope... does that mean I have to indiscriminately praise him as a feel good holding hands moment? Nope.

Scottie hedges up too high on defences nad I feel like defensively he may be better off not guarding smaller ball handlers because he tends to rely on his athleticism to make up for his mistakes instead of using better positioning.. but he was a rookie so he gets slack.

I wanna see us win a chip not just be good so yeah I am going to critique this team across all of the players. Does it mean I am negative all the time? Nope but I am not a fan of Gary's game and I have listed the reasons multiple times. I am hoping to be proven wrong by Gary's play

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

That’s what I said, based on your Low standards, Derozan is a future HOFer. He is at 19K points still a long way to go to 25K.
                        Melo is a 10x all Star, 3x Olympic gold medalist, 7x all NBA selection.
                        Melo deserved more than Derozan
                        but both still cannot defend a pylon LOL

Like what golden said, hot takes in game threads stays in game threads…. haha…so were your recent stupid takes about Draymond, Klay and Jordan Poole and the gazillion takes you spew about Boucher and Trent.

I think I have done my penance on Fred VanVleet…so should you about the other players you hate and hated.

For your convenience…

https://www.basketball-reference.com...trentga02.html
                        What stupid takes? that Draymond is not a franchise player? that Klay is washed up? and that Poole is 1 dimensional?

I'm convinced you have no clue what you're talking about.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

that's one of the stupider things you've said in an illustrious and storied history of saying stupid things
                          Name me a bad defensive player that become a good defensive player. Just a good defensive player, not great. I'm talking 1 on 1 defense here, not team defense.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Oh you're going with the Masai doesn't make any mistake narrative?

Masai traded for Carroll, he signed Yuta, Svi, Thomas, Baynes.....guys who were supposed to be rotational players. How did that go?

And since Claw refused to answer my question. I'll ask you this instead since you mentioned it. Name me an area of the game that Trent has gotten better at? i'm not talking since he became a Raptor. I'm talking since he was in college.
                            Last edited by The Great One; Mon Aug 8, 2022, 08:44 AM.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Name me a bad defensive player that become a good defensive player. Just a good defensive player, not great. I'm talking 1 on 1 defense here, not team defense.
                              well i challenged your assertion that 'defense can't be taught', which is an objectively absurd thing to say, and never asserted that bad defensive players frequently become good ones. it's pretty rare for a player to turn any aspect of their game from a weakness into a strength.

but most good defensive players were not very good in their first year or two. often they had the tools, but had to learn how to play nba defense. kind of like we're all hoping scottie will become an elite defender after an inconsistent rookie year.

andrew wiggins and devin booker come to mind as players who became good defenders later in their careers after years of playing bad defense, off the top of my head. i'm sure there are others

Comment

Oh you're going with the Masai doesn't make any mistake narrative?

Masai traded for Carroll, he signed Yuta, Svi, Thomas, Baynes.....guys who were supposed to be rotational players. How did that go?

And since Claw refused to answer my question. I'll ask you this instead since you mentioned it. Name me an area of the game that Trent has gotten better at? i'm not talking since he became a Raptor. I'm talking since he was in college.
                                ....carroll was traded for?............. when did this happen

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...ticle25216718/

I thought we signed him away from ATL

the same ATL that was 60-wins under Bud before getting their ass swept by cleveland in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X