Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

No we did not have more elite defenders than any other team in the league. What the hell are you smoking? Even before injuries we didn't have the most elite defenders, that's nonsense, and post injuries we had a pretty weak defensive team.
    I'm smoking Raptors official propaganda and party line. We are a defensive minded team, that brings in defensive-minded players with length and versatility.

What other team can even roll-out three 1-thru-5 elite switchable defenders like OG, Siakam and Precious? And Scottie came back into the series and we still gave up a 145 ORTG in a close-out game, at home. And we had Boucher and Thad, don't forget. What team other NBA team is that stacked with switchable, versatile defenders?

Injuries happen all the time, but that's when players and coaches get to shine. That's especially the time for coaches to show that they're a difference maker. Mavs lost Luka for half a series and still won. That's great coaching by Jason Kidd and Brunson seizing the opportunity. Embiid was playing with one hand in the series.

You always have an excuse for Nurse, it seems. Like having 10 NBA players on Team Canada and losing to the Czechs on home soil... because Tristan Thompson didn't show up? lol.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Not really sure what you want me to say. Unlike you i'm honest. DeRozan is a SHITTY defender. One trick phony? nah you don't even know what a one trick phony means. DeRozan averaged 6 assists/game the last 4-5 seasons. As for that "one trick" that one trick that he possess is elite because that is going to be his ticket to the HOF.

Can't say the same about Trent who'll likely be a career 6th man. 1 assist/game his first 3 years. 2 assist/game last season. Is that the improvement you're talking about? lol.

Try again.
      This is probably one of the dumbest post you ever posted in this forum and that is the kindest response I can give you

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I'm smoking Raptors official propaganda and party line. We are a defensive minded team, that brings in defensive-minded players with length and versatility.

What other team can even roll-out three 1-thru-5 elite switchable defenders like OG, Siakam and Precious? And Scottie came back into the series and we still gave up a 145 ORTG in a close-out game, at home. And we had Boucher and Thad, don't forget. What team other NBA team is that stacked with switchable, versatile defenders?

Injuries happen all the time, but that's when players and coaches get to shine. That's especially the time for coaches to show that they're a difference maker. Mavs lost Luka for half a series and still won. That's great coaching by Jason Kidd and Brunson seizing the opportunity. Embiid was playing with one hand in the series.

You always have an excuse for Nurse, it seems. Like having 10 NBA players on Team Canada and losing to the Czechs on home soil... because Tristan Thompson didn't show up? lol.
        You're losing your mind over a single playoff series (ultra tiny sample size) where multiple key players were injured. On a team that just played their starters a record amount of minutes and had the shortest bench in the NBA. Sounds like a roster that can't afford any injuries, let alone multiple at the same time.

Philly had a monster game 1 and game 6 but also only scored 88 points in game 5. 102 points in game 4, and 104 in game 3, and 112 in game 2. So we did OK despite the injuries.

Have your moment if you want man but you're being silly AF. Like bringing up team Canada out of deep left field, what the hell does team Canada have to do with Raptors defense?
        Last edited by Primer; Mon Aug 8, 2022, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

This is probably one of the dumbest post you ever posted in this forum and that is the kindest response I can give you
          That's rich coming from a guy who spams game threads after game threads with dumb trade ideas lol. And oh weren't you the guy who challenged Keon to a fight? lmao.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

No we did not have more elite defenders than any other team in the league.

What the hell are you smoking?

Even before injuries we didn't have the most elite defenders, that's nonsense, and post injuries we had a pretty weak defensive team.
            How is it that Dallas has zero elite defender yet they're the 2nd best team defensively.

Comment

That's rich coming from a guy who spams game threads after game threads with dumb trade ideas lol. And oh weren't you the guy who challenged Keon to a fight? lmao.
              is this a real fight? if so can we bet on this some how?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

How is it that Dallas has zero elite defender yet they're the 2nd best team defensively.
                .....reggie bullock is really good defensively and they have really good schemes... kleber or what ever his name is leveled up and Spencer D is solid defensively.. also losing tim hardaway helped them in my opinion

also
                Dorian Finney-Smith is a good plus level defender for sure. the biggest add defensively was them taking bullock away from NYC

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                  is this a real fight? if so can we bet on this some how?
                  Yeah, mofo was trying to set up a real fight with KeonClark. I'm not a betting man though but my money for sure would be on Keon.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

haha. If my memory is correct, I dont think that was my intention towards Keon, but if that was the interpretation then, that can of worms is definitely not something I can be proud about.

moving forward, I promise myself that I will refrain digging up your dirt in the past.

Yet your recent post is just SO stupid, all I am saying at “present time” lol

Comment

• all I wanna say is I have no dog in the fight but if I can be the bookie let me know.

Comment

.....reggie bullock is really good defensively and they have really good schemes... kleber or what ever his name is leveled up and Spencer D is solid defensively.. also losing tim hardaway helped them in my opinion

also
                        Dorian Finney-Smith is a good plus level defender for sure. the biggest add defensively was them taking bullock away from NYC
                        And we have how many?

Comment

• Healthy or not the Raps didn't play great defense when it counted, end of story. That doesn't mean you write the team off as being a bad defensively.

They're more experienced now, have had an off season to get healthy, have added depth and veteran leadership, and the young players are you would expect are going to show big improvement.

Comment

• this has been floating around regarding P

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

And we have how many?
                              our's are bigger... longer... but not the same type of overall continuity.. plus we didn't play in a conference where half the stars were injured. PHX for example was good last year but also had their schedule inflated a bit the mavs also played an easier style of defence that isn't as high risk high reward. I do not think Wood will help their defence. Also when KP was there he was solid defensively so that may have had an effect.

We have more though. OG, Siakam, Barnes will be better defensively, Fred Defends very well and was CLOSE not quite at the level but close to all nba defence this year, Precious was really good defensively for the entire year. Our issue was the bench... if you don't have enough halfway decent bench guys it wears a team down and can effect overall things too ... our bench is better on both ends of the ball... heck even since end of January we were top 5 for defensive. sorry if i am not understanding the point
                              Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Tue Aug 9, 2022, 10:18 AM.

Comment

this has been floating around regarding P
                                Would be interesting to see what Scottie and FVV look like.

Comment

Working...
                                X