Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Will KD be back by the all-star game? If not then Pascal could still take his spot. Although they may just take another guard like Harden.
    Not happening..
    Brunson or Harden would get the Nod.
    It's not a snub, he hasn't played great in a month, also injuries and team performance.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Can't have it both ways. Our argument for Lowry and DeRozan back in the days were they were on a winning team even though there's always a guy who people likes to argue about because he's putting up big numbers or is a household name but is on a bad team.

The Raptors are now on the other side of the coin. I'm not surprised he didn't make the the all star team at all. Winning matters. It always should be that way.
      For 1 All-star, it is/should be a mix of high stats and team record. You have Shai there, Hailburton is there, Lillard is there. For the 2nd all-star, its usually always winning. Look at Holiday, no idea why he made it.

Although I find it ridiculous people think AD got robbed. His numbers are great, but he missed a lot of games already and Lakers suck.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Thanks, I stand corrected with the same sentiment, Randle's not exactly an extremely likeable figure if that plays into it even a bit. But I think that's a bit more likely with players than media.
        All nba has 15 guys in it.. Al-star 24 and divided by 2 conferences. Pascal's not getting All-nba this year.

Comment

• Yeah no chance of all nba this year thankfully

And as far as all star goes, no one bottom 6 in the standings has ever made it afaik. It’s not really a snub.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
            Yeah no chance of all nba this year thankfully

And as far as all star goes, no one bottom 6 in the standings has ever made it afaik. It’s not really a snub.
            Beal made it in once as a reserve (in 2019) and they sucked that year.. think they were 11th or something in the conference.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Beal made it in once as a reserve (in 2019) and they sucked that year.. think they were 11th or something in the conference.
              Oh for sure but even the year he was putting up like 31ppg he missed out bc the wiz sucked.

Pascal deserved it on play but we just suck too much that I can’t really complain

Comment

• I was never on board with guys like Beal/Trae/Dame making it when their teams sucked so I can’t really be hypocritical here and vouch for Pascal

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                  I was never on board with guys like Beal/Trae/Dame making it when their teams sucked so I can’t really be hypocritical here and vouch for Pascal
                  It's a meaningless entertainment spectacle nothign like the real thing All Star Game.
                  Like the Harlem Globetrotters playing .... the Harlem Globetrotters

You take the most talented players in a vacuum leaning towards major markets and then the most popular/recognizable with winning team being the tie breaker.

Comment

• Last thing i'll say about this topic. Back in 2019, I said that if the Celtics want Tatum and Brown to blossom/develop then they need to trade Gordon Hayward. Back in the 2020 playoffs, everybody was talking about the Hayward injury but I kept saying that the Celtics are a better team without him. That Tatum and Brown would be a nightmare matchup for the Raptors. That series was Tatum's coming out party. Brown wasn't too bad either. He dominated Siakam in that matchup.

I still believe that the Raptors would've won that series if Hayward wasn't injured.

If the Raptors want Barnes to blossom, they need to trade Siakam. He's the guy they need to trade. You want the ball in Scottie's hands, you want him to be the guy but that's not going to happen if Siakam's here.
                    Last edited by The Great One; Sun Feb 5, 2023, 04:39 PM.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                      Last thing i'll say about this topic. Back in 2019, I said that if the Celtics want Tatum and Brown to blossom/develop then they need to trade Gordon Hayward. Back in the 2020 playoffs, everybody was talking about the Hayward injury but I kept saying that the Celtics are a better team without him. That Tatum and Brown would be a nightmare matchup for the Raptors. That series was Tatum's coming out party. Brown wasn't too bad either. He dominated Siakam in that matchup.

I still believe that the Raptors would've won that series if Hayward wasn't injured.

If the Raptors want Barnes to blossom, they need to trade Siakam. He's the guy they need to trade. You want the ball in Scottie's hands, you want him to be the guy but that's not going to happen if Siakam's here.
                      We’ve got 3 other players with 20%+ USG rates on heavy minutes. If we want Scottie to get the ball more there’s plenty of ways we can do it, Siakam getting traded certainly isn’t the only option.

Comment

• Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                          Good for him and a great charity.
                          The record seems kinda lame though, 3000 people with potato guns that would be awesome

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

***sigh** Do I really have to spell it out for you? Raw energy bigs like Pascal are always available. You don't have to waste 1st round picks on them.

Sorry golden, just saw this earlier in the thread, and I had to bring it back.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

It's a meaningless entertainment spectacle nothign like the real thing All Star Game.
                              Like the Harlem Globetrotters playing .... the Harlem Globetrotters

You take the most talented players in a vacuum leaning towards major markets and then the most popular/recognizable with winning team being the tie breaker.
                              All star Saturday isn’t fantastic or anything but I like it more than the game. They gotta make a better skills course tho

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Sorry golden, just saw this earlier in the thread, and I had to bring it back.

Comment

Working...
                                X