Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC
    started a topic Everything Pascal Siakam

Everything Pascal Siakam

Pascal deserves his own thread as well. For a 27th pick, it's incredible that we can basically pencil him in for significant production with the 2nd unit this year. He's one of the best open court rim runners in the league, has a motor that won't quit, and comes across as a first class teammate/young man. The big question is whether he can be an impact defender in just his 2nd season.

He doesn't get enough talk.

• Puffer
    replied
    Pascal needs to work on his midrange shot and the little floaters that he sometimes had great success with. Too many times he rushed a layup because of defensive pressure and had it spill out. He needs to recognize the D when it is there and score from a few feet outside, instead of always hoping to lay it up or slam it home. When the bunnies are there to be had, make sure you get them. He could spend some time watching Serge with his floaters and midrange game. He could boost his scoring average by 3-4 points just by avoiding blockable layups and taking the shots from 6 feet out.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Props to Skywalker for starting this thread;

"Everything Pascal Siakam
    Mon Aug 14th, 2017, 09:06 PM
    Pascal deserves his own thread as well. For a 27th pick, it's incredible that we can basically pencil him in for significant production with the 2nd unit this year. He's one of the best open court rim runners in the league, has a motor that won't quit, and comes across as a first class teammate/young man. The big question is whether he can be an impact defender in just his 2nd season.

He doesn't get enough talk."

Two years later, Pascal is getting "enough talk" and it's building.
    Little did we know then he was becoming one of the most unstoppable isolation players in the paint..in the entire world

kid is a stud, I'm calling 22 pt 7 reb 4 assists next season. Perfect "2nd scorer" production

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Props to Skywalker for starting this thread;

"Everything Pascal Siakam
    Mon Aug 14th, 2017, 09:06 PM

He doesn't get enough talk."

Two years later, Pascal is getting "enough talk" and it's building.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Ibaka for 6th man 2020

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

While we’re on the topic, when was the last big man 6th man?
    The last True, Blue Center?

Bill Walton, 1986

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

This got me thinking, when was the last time a center won MIP OR MVP?

Well, MIP: Kevin Love won it 7 years ago, and Jermaine O Neal 9 years before that...BUT both were power forwards at the time. SO we gotta go all the way back to freaking 1996-97, Isaac Austin of the Heat.

MVP? Shaq, 1999-00. Yes, 19 years and counting. That makes 38 awards gone by without the center getting it

Come on big fellas!! Davis and Embiid are the best center hopes for MVP, and as far as MIP you just never know, maybe Jonas gets 22 and 12 this year in Memphis
    While we’re on the topic, when was the last big man 6th man?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Yep. Last 6 MIP winners are: Oladipo, Giannis, McCollum, Butler, Dragic, Paul George = 5 all-stars & 1 MVP.
    This got me thinking, when was the last time a center won MIP OR MVP?

Well, MIP: Kevin Love won it 7 years ago, and Jermaine O Neal 9 years before that...BUT both were power forwards at the time. SO we gotta go all the way back to freaking 1996-97, Isaac Austin of the Heat.

MVP? Shaq, 1999-00. Yes, 19 years and counting. That makes 38 awards gone by without the center getting it

Come on big fellas!! Davis and Embiid are the best center hopes for MVP, and as far as MIP you just never know, maybe Jonas gets 22 and 12 this year in Memphis

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    All star next.
    Yep. Last 6 MIP winners are: Oladipo, Giannis, McCollum, Butler, Dragic, Paul George = 5 all-stars & 1 MVP.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    All star next.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    Congratulations MIP!

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Well deserved.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Spicy wins MIP!

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    From The Athletic. Pascal Siakim on motivation for next season now that he has been a member of a team that has won an NBA championship.

"Regardless of what Kawhi Leonard decides to do this offseason, Siakam, at 25, will be a significant part of the Raptors’ future. Two huge games in the NBA Finals plus a likely most improved player award cemented his talent and value. His rookie-scale contract as the 27th pick in 2016 was worth $6.4-million over four years. It is difficult to imagine his next contract going lower than the four-year, $100-million deal Giannis Antetokounmpo signed at the same point in his career, back in 2016. In fact, Siakam will probably get a richer deal, maybe right up to the maximum he can receive.

Siakam knows he can be the second scorer on a championship team, and knows he is about to jump several NBA class strata. This is where his time with Leonard as a teammate paid off.

“He has everything in his game. He can do everything,” Siakam said of Leonard. “He can score in the post. He can shoot 3s, mid-range. And he can guard everybody. That’s a perfect kind of player if you want to be somebody in this league — to be able to defend, and for me being to that level where I can do whatever I want out there on the floor.

“For me, I think the motivation is look what you did in three years. What can you do in 10? You know? It’s about continuing to build and understanding that you put the work in and you got to this point, but it’s only been three years. What can you do in more than that? So that’s my motivation: seeing how great I can be.”

Leave a comment:

Working...
X