All-Time Raptors Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Time Raptors Squad

Well guys, with NBA 2K18 doing an All Time Roster for every NBA Team, I figured I'd ask you guys who you feel should be on the team & why. I can see a few people going with a few modern day Raptors, but I'm more interested in the vets.... like.... Damon or Jose? Do you use Bosh at PF or C for the starting 5? Amir or Patterson for the bench PF? Does Bargnani get in even though he was a bust given that at his peak he wasn't awful? Does Jonas make the cut? There's quite a few questions, and I figured it'd be a fun topic given that it's the middle of the summer & well... WTF not?
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

C: Antonio Davis (Hakeem doesn't count)
    PF: Bosh
    SF: T-Mac
    SG: Vince Carter
    PG: Kyle Lowry
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Is it best player as a Raptor or best player ever? Chauncey, Hakeem and McGrady shouldn't make the cuts in my opinion.

TMac wasn't that great as a Raptor. He had potential and you could see it, but he wasn't a star yet. He's not on my team if we're naming best players as a Raptor.

My starting 5 would be:

C. Amir
      PF. Bosh
      SF. Carter (cheating here)
      SG. DeRozan
      PG. Lowry

Bench: Stoudamire, Davis, Christie, Peterson, Calderon, JV, Williams, Parker, Marshall, Patterson

Putting this team together it really shows you how the Raptors have been fugly for a very long time.

Comment

What do people think about a Bosh at the 5 and Donyell Marshall at the 4.

People forget about how good he was in the 03/04 season. 16.2 ppg, 10.7 rpg, over 40% from 3 and he added in 1.6 blocks and 1.2 steals.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Is it best player as a Raptor or best player ever? Chauncey, Hakeem and McGrady shouldn't make the cuts in my opinion.

TMac wasn't that great as a Raptor. He had potential and you could see it, but he wasn't a star yet. He's not on my team if we're naming best players as a Raptor.

My starting 5 would be:

C. Amir
          PF. Bosh
          SF. Carter (cheating here)
          SG. DeRozan
          PG. Lowry

Bench: Stoudamire, Davis, Christie, Peterson, Calderon, JV, Williams, Parker, Marshall, Patterson

Putting this team together it really shows you how the Raptors have been fugly for a very long time.
          Actually Raptors T-Mac was perfect for this team. Because he didn't take a lot of shots but he rebounded, defended and passed
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I'm gonna utilize today's trend of going with a smaller lineup for closing-time being their prime lineup, rather than their starters. That's obviously a legit Raps thing to do, as evidenced by starters -
            Demarre 'Fluffy-Slippers' Carroll and Luis 'Cinder-Blocks-For-Feet' Scola.

So my top 5 lineup is gonna be
            Lowry
            Demar
            Carter
            T-Mac slotting in as the small-ball 4
            Bosh at C

Those are the best 5 Raps all time. Full stop.
            And while they might get destroyed in bigger match-ups --
            would easily be the most fun to play on 2K.

Reserves make up for size deficiencies and could be switched for better matchups:

Lowry, Damon, Jose
            Derozan, Christie, Parker
            Carter, Peterson, Tucker
            Mcgrady, Ibaka, Amir
            Bosh, Davis, Jonas

Last man who drew in for me was Tucker. I know his run was limited but he exhibited that incredible tenacity and ability to hit the corner 3. I like him for filling out the 3/4.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
              I'm gonna utilize today's trend of going with a smaller lineup for closing-time being their prime lineup, rather than their starters. That's obviously a legit Raps thing to do, as evidenced by starters -

Lowry
              Demar
              Carter
              Bosh at C

Reserves make up for size deficiencies and could be switched for better matchups:

Lowry, Damon, Jose
              Carter, Peterson, Tucker
              Mcgrady, Ibaka, Amir
              Bosh, Davis, Jonas

Last man who drew in for me was Tucker. I know his run was limited but he exhibited that incredible tenacity and ability to hit the corner 3. I like him for filling out the 3/4.
              For your top 5 I think I take out DeRozan and sub in Doug Christie, far superior defender, 3 point shooter, and able to run the point to take pressure off Lowry. He guards the toughest wing and lets Carter concentrate on just getting buckets.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Lowry
                Demar
                Carter
                Bosh at C

Lowry, Damon, Jose
                Carter, Peterson, Tucker
                Mcgrady, Ibaka, Amir
                Bosh, Davis, Jonas

i cosign that starting 5

Comment

This is so easy:

Davis
                  Bosh
                  T-Mac
                  Carter
                  Lowry
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

I still prefer a more traditional starting lineup, knowing that the starting 5 doesn't necessarily equate to most minutes played.

STARTERS

C: Camby
                    PF: Bosh
                    SF: McGrady
                    SG: Carter
                    PG: Stoudamire

Obviously 3/5 of that lineup experienced their greatest success elsewhere, but they definitely showed flashes of the brilliance to come while wearing the Raptors uniform. That lineup has defense, inside and outside scoring, rebounding, a defensive anchor, and a PG that would be even more dominant with today's NBA rules.

As for the bench, I like the 3-deep stacking principle employed by MU, and also value versatility (ie: scoring lineups, defensive lineups, small ball lineups, positional flexibility).

BENCH

C: Davis, Valanciunas
                    PF: Ibaka, Johnson
                    SF: Rose, Christie
                    SG: DeRozan, Peterson
                    PG: Lowry, Williams

There were several good players that I just can't bring myself to associate with the Raptors, so I had to exclude them from consideration:
                    - C: Olajuwon
                    - C: O'Neal
                    - PF: Oakley
                    - PF: Salley
                    - SF: Gay
                    - PG: Billups

Comment

I'm taking JV at the 5. He's got the stats and the longevity and if he was on that Vince-era team instead of Davis he would have done extremely well.

Lowry
                      DD
                      Vince
                      Bosh
                      JV

Comment

Stop it. JV is not better than Davis. And DD is not better than T-Mac.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          T-Mac was not that great as a Raptor.. he was better defensively, but not overall. T-Mac blossomed when he ended up in Orlando. That version of T-Mac is better than DeRozan.

Comment

Perhaps I'm missing the point of this list. How is a guy who played one quasi-meaningful with the Raptors on the all-time team for Toronto? Don't really see how McGrady makes any Raptors list other than lists of guys who barely played here....

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              This is so easy:

Davis
                              Bosh
                              T-Mac
                              Carter
                              Lowry
                              If this list is the All time Raptors then as a Raptor T-Mac last year on the team wasn't a whole lot different then a T-Ross last season with the Raptors in terms of impact. Which is why I would switch and put P.J Tucker for added beef and toughness and to protect VC's ass.

Also Bosh and Davis would not work so well together so I would put Ibaka there instead of Davis.

Comment

Working...
                              X