No announcement yet.

All-Time Raptors Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demar has contributed substantially more to the overall success of this franchise in its brief history than T-Mac ever did. T-Mac while spectacular, was a little bitch and threw away the best chance his career would ever offer to win a championship. He could've accomplished the feat with his own cousin, no less. I loved T-Mac while he was a Rap, don't get me wrong, and marveled at his abilities. He never stuck around long enough to make an impact for us though and while he was here, by in large exhibited his talents as a tantilizing, obvious future superstar coming off the bench. I have no problem with him coming off the bench in the context of this conversation. His walking away from us at the point we were at in our building process is pretty inarguably the biggest setback this franchise has ever had. And we've had a lot of them.

DD and JV both have plenty of time to continue to prove that they belong with the starters.

And Davis is one of my all-time Raptors favourites, but at 6,9, he was in many ways, a more suitable power forward than a conventional centre. I'd happily start him at centre but Certainly I appreciate Skywalker's reasoning well enough.

Hopefully this year JV can get his shit together and be what I/some of us hope he can be.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
      If this list is the All time Raptors then as a Raptor T-Mac last year on the team wasn't a whole lot different then a T-Ross last season with the Raptors in terms of impact. Which is why I would switch and put P.J Tucker for added beef and toughness and to protect VC's ass.

Also Bosh and Davis would not work so well together so I would put Ibaka there instead of Davis.
      TMac was better than Ross even in the short stint that he had here.. best example I guess would be Powell. I think the impact Powell has/had with the Raptors matched that of TMac's. And nobody is putting Powell on their all-time list.

Comment

Let's see who makes the list on the 2K18 All time list then.

Davis
        Bosh
        T-Mac
        Carter
        Lowry

Are my starting 5.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Let's see who makes the list on the 2K18 All time list then.

Davis
          Bosh
          T-Mac
          Carter
          Lowry

Are my starting 5.
          Your squad as is has a very good chance of being selected, my feelings aside.

Comment

My starting 5:

Davis
            Bosh
            Carter
            Christie
            Lowry

Yeah, I'm playing Doug over Demar. I need that lockdown defender, that guy that's a pest out there.... and he can also shoot a 3 pointer. As for my bench:

PG: Calderon, Stoudamire
            SG: DeRozan, Peterson
            SF: I don't know who to pick here.... I mean, young T-Mac works, but tbh.... we've been cursed at the SF spot. Part of me wants to give this spot to a 13th man... like Landry Fields. For those that don't agree, bite me.
            PF: Amir, Patterson.
            C: JV & fuck it.... Matt Bonner. I need some form of stretch big, and no way is Bargs getting the call.... so let's give it to the Red Rocket.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

PG - Alvin Williams
              SG - Lou Williams
              SF - Walt Williams
              PF - Jerome Williams
              C - Aaron Williams
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                PG - Alvin Williams
                SG - Lou Williams
                SF - Walt Williams
                PF - Jerome Williams
                C - Aaron Williams
                Eric Williams off the bench, perhaps??? ... We TOTALLY won that VC trade.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                  Eric Williams off the bench, perhaps??? ... We TOTALLY won that VC trade.
                  Rob Babcock was a firm believer in "whichever team gets the most Williamses, wins the trade." He doesn't get nearly enough credit.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

PG - Stoudamire
                    SG - Doug Christie
                    SF - PJ Tucker
                    PF - Reggie Evans
                    C - Oakley

They'll lose on the court, but cash them ousside howboudah

Comment

The worst part about this thread is the reminder of just how bad the forward positions have historically been for the Raptors, aside from Bosh, especially if guys like McGrady, Oakley, Marion and Gay are only considered during their time in a Raptors uniform. The PF spot improves if you consider Davis a PF instead of C, but then the C spot gets considerably weaker.

The Raptors have always been guard-centric - Stoudamire, Williams, Christie, Peterson, Parker, DeRozan, Lowry, Calderon, Ford, James, etc...
                      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Aug 22, 2017, 10:36 AM.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        STARTERS

C: Camby
                        PF: Bosh
                        SF: McGrady
                        SG: Carter
                        PG: Stoudamire

BENCH

C: Davis, Valanciunas
                        PF: Ibaka, Johnson
                        SF: Rose, Christie
                        SG: DeRozan, Peterson
                        PG: Lowry, Williams
                        If I excluded McGrady from this list, I would probably start Christie or Peterson start at SF (3&D), and add Williams (the original JYD) to the bench.

Comment

So 2K just released the Bulls all time squad. They have Butler and Noah. I guess this is more about the very best players that played for your franchise and not really your team's all time starting 5. I don't know why Toni Kukoc is not on this though.

So here's my Raptors all time squad.

Carter
                          DeRozan
                          Lowry
                          Bosh
                          Stoudamire
                          Davis
                          McGrady
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            The worst part about this thread is the reminder of just how bad the forward positions have historically been for the Raptors, aside from Bosh, especially if guys like McGrady, Oakley, Marion and Gay are only considered during their time in a Raptors uniform. The PF spot improves if you consider Davis a PF instead of C, but then the C spot gets considerably weaker.

The Raptors have always been guard-centric - Stoudamire, Williams, Christie, Peterson, Parker, DeRozan, Lowry, Calderon, Ford, James, etc...
                            We've been desperate for a great centre for most of our history. Now we've got 3 good 7-footers in an era that has written them off!

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              We've been desperate for a great centre for most of our history. Now we've got 3 good 7-footers in an era that has written them off!
                              That's true. Camby and Davis were only Raptors for a short time. The next tier would include the likes of O'Neal, Clark, Rasho and Bargnani??? Valanciunas is nearing Raptor GOAT for C, basically by default!

Old man Kevin Willis actually played pretty well in a limited role for the Raptors but, like Oakley, it's hard to think "Raptors" when thinking about the player.

You're right though, the Raptors entire front court has historically been dismal, aside from Bosh.

Comment

C Oakley
                                PF Bosh
                                SF Vince Carter
                                SG Demar Derozan
                                PG Kyle Lowry.

Comment

Working...
                                X