Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017-2018 predictions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Do you still feel the same way after Kylie trade?
    It changes everything. The Celtics are now the clear cut 2nd best team in the East. And a legit threat to the Cavs.
    Mamba Mentality

    Comment


    • #32
      TRex wrote: View Post
      It changes everything. The Celtics are now the clear cut 2nd best team in the East. And a legit threat to the Cavs.
      who's their top rebounder?

      who's their shooting guard?

      I disagree.

      Marcus Morris is a slight step above Jared Sullinger, fyi.
      https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

      And Horford is as soft as ever.

      Smart can not shoot.

      Brown was getting bodied in summer league.

      & They got softer by getting rid of Crowder.

      Olynyk was a goon and he's gone too.

      Hayward is soft.

      Kyrie is "finesse", IT was much scrappier.

      They are soft.

      Jayson Tatum is their only saving grace, but I think he won't make a big enough impact this year to make them a worthy opposition for the Cavs.

      Still a top 4 team in the East, but this does not change 'everything'
      Last edited by c-troop; Wed Aug 23, 2017, 03:50 AM.

      Comment


      • #33
        TRex wrote: View Post
        It changes everything. The Celtics are now the clear cut 2nd best team in the East. And a legit threat to the Cavs.
        So by trading away their best 3 & D player and All-NBA guard for a player, who's at best equal to said guard, made them a better team?


        Uh huh...
        Last edited by tDotted; Wed Aug 23, 2017, 04:09 AM.

        Comment


        • #34
          Let's not get carried away guys. Isaiah Thomas is hugely overrated. I'm not sure if I agree with T-Rex but IT is no where close to KI. These two are not even in the same conversation. This is a gargantuan upgrade at point guard and overall play, downgrade obviously at Crowder's position.

          Boston is more legit now than they were last season -- massive upgrade at point guard, and adding Hayward makes up for any sort of loss of Crowder. Defensively, they are slightly worse but who cares when they're outscoring everyone.
          your pal,
          ebrian

          Comment


          • #35
            ebrian wrote: View Post
            Let's not get carried away guys. Isaiah Thomas is hugely overrated. I'm not sure if I agree with T-Rex but IT is no where close to KI. These two are not even in the same conversation. This is a gargantuan upgrade at point guard and overall play, downgrade obviously at Crowder's position.

            Boston is more legit now than they were last season -- massive upgrade at point guard, and adding Hayward makes up for any sort of loss of Crowder. Defensively, they are slightly worse but who cares when they're outscoring everyone.
            IT was one of the most efficient scorers last year and that without LBJ getting all the attention. Kyrie is better but, not by much .
            @Chr1st1anL

            Comment


            • #36
              Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              IT was one of the most efficient scorers last year and that without LBJ getting all the attention. Kyrie is better but, not by much .
              Last year, IT had one of the greatest offensive seasons in the history of the NBA from a usage & efficiency standpoint. Not enough attention was/is being paid to that. Truly remarkable.



              http://bkref.com/tiny/9Qwfl

              Comment


              • #37
                golden wrote: View Post
                Last year, IT had one of the greatest offensive seasons in the history of the NBA from a usage & efficiency standpoint. Not enough attention was/is being paid to that. Truly remarkable.



                http://bkref.com/tiny/9Qwfl
                Yeah, I know. I think only KD was more effecient than him last year.

                Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

                Comment


                • #38
                  People think Kyle is far and away better than Kyrie, yet Kyrie is somehow much better than Isaiah.

                  The bias towards Raptors players is incredible.

                  Looking at the objective measures: advanced stats, team record, supporting cast, etc. It's pretty clear that last year it was Isaiah > Kyle > Kyrie.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    People think Kyle is far and away better than Kyrie, yet Kyrie is somehow much better than Isaiah.

                    The bias towards Raptors players is incredible.

                    Looking at the objective measures: advanced stats, team record, supporting cast, etc. It's pretty clear that last year it was Isaiah > Kyle > Kyrie.
                    It's a Raptors fan forum.
                    How does this catch you by surprise that Raptors fans are biased towards raptor players and the team in general ?

                    Irving is going to be the focal point of the Boston offence this year like Thomas was last year.
                    Thomas took that opportunity and made it into an all NBA team selection and an AllStar berth and chalked up 50 plus wins for his team. This year we get to see what Irving can do in a similar scenario.
                    And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      It's a Raptors fan forum.
                      How does this catch you by surprise that Raptors fans are biased towards raptor players and the team in general ?

                      Irving is going to be the focal point of the Boston offence this year like Thomas was last year.
                      Thomas took that opportunity and made it into an all NBA team selection and an AllStar berth and chalked up 50 plus wins for his team. This year we get to see what Irving can do in a similar scenario.
                      Bias is expected, but not to this level or beyond the point of reason. Thomas was better than both Lowry and Irving last year. This is not really a debatable topic.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        Bias is expected, but not to this level or beyond the point of reason. Thomas was better than both Lowry and Irving last year. This is not really a debatable topic.
                        Thomas had a year eh? From a useage and efficiency metric he clearly surpassed Kyle and Kyrie.
                        From my view it's the intangibles that make the sports fan argue that his or her player is better.

                        Kyle is a better leader than Kyrie.
                        Thomas and Irving make more clutch shots than Kyle.
                        If you swapped in Kyle for Kyrie ...Cleveland is arguably a better team and the home town squad is arguably worse.
                        Cleveland gets a more hard nosed guy in Thomas than Irving was and will be a "tougher" team.
                        Boston is a softer team physically and mentally with Irving over Thomas.

                        All the above are really tough to quantify...so it's just opinion and preference....and since it's sports you can wade in locked and loaded with your point of view because..it's all for fun.

                        And...yesterday...today...and tomorrow...BOSTON SUCKS !!!
                        And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Lowry > Thomas >= Irving

                          Not biased

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            tDotted wrote: View Post
                            Lowry > Thomas >= Irving

                            Not biased
                            Regular season or Playoffs?

                            Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                            @Chr1st1anL

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              tDotted wrote: View Post
                              Lowry > Thomas >= Irving

                              Not biased
                              Stop it man. Irving is better than both Lowry and IT and you know it.
                              Mamba Mentality

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                tDotted wrote: View Post
                                So by trading away their best 3 & D player and All-NBA guard for a player, who's at best equal to said guard, made them a better team?


                                Uh huh...
                                You're overrating IT. Dude is not even in Kyrie's league.

                                Crowder is easily replaceable. Moving Crowder also gives more playing time for guys like Brown and Tatum. Two tremendous young talents.
                                Mamba Mentality

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X