2017-2018 predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    You're overrating IT. Dude is not even in Kyrie's league.

Crowder is easily replaceable. Moving Crowder also gives more playing time for guys like Brown and Tatum. Two tremendous young talents.
    you're very good at antagonizing raptors fans, but like i said, Boston is soft. IT and kyrie put up near identical numbers and IT did it with out lebron, you are funny TRex. personally i'm happy it happened because 2k18 will be worth picking up this year.

crowder isn't an easy replacement. how can you say that when we have been longing for a quality SF and that has not been an easy position to develop?
    Last edited by c-troop; Wed Aug 23, 2017, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Well they have 3 other SF's on their team. All better than Crowder too. Hayward, Tatum and Brown.

And i didn't know disagreeing = antagonizing. But thanks.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Well they have 3 other SF's on their team. All better than Crowder too. Hayward, Tatum and Brown.

And I didn't know disagreeing = antagonizing. But thanks.
        some inflammatory statements like "IT and kyrie arent in the same league" when they have like identical stats.

i like it, it's funny, the forum would not be the same without you, T Rex.

Tatum looked like a star in summer league.

Brown looked like he just got drafted, and he's been playing in the league for a year.

Hayward will be the starting SF, and he's damn good.

But he is a completely different player than Crowder.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Regular season or Playoffs?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          I took both into consideration and came to that conclusion.

Stop it man. Irving is better than both Lowry and IT and you know it.
          I'm real excited for this season. FINALLY we'll see whether Kyrie actually has the chops to lead a talented team as the man. As of now, he hasn't shown that, so I can't rank him ahead of IT or Lowry.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            IT was one of the most efficient scorers last year and that without LBJ getting all the attention. Kyrie is better but, not by much .
            Not in the playoffs though.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
              Not in the playoffs though.
              Isaiah was injured. Kyrie has had his fair share trouble staying healthy in the post season as well.

Comment

And i didn't know disagreeing = antagonizing. But thanks.
                You've bluntly used the phrase, "Stop it.", several times in the past few days.
                As though other people are imbeciles for not thinking the way you do, and shouldn't be allowed to speak.
                Perhaps you're unaware, but yeah, it comes of as pretty antagonistic.

Comment

Crowder is easily replaceable. Moving Crowder also gives more playing time for guys like Brown and Tatum. Two tremendous young talents.
                  Which metric are you using? Scoring stats? Win shares? Nike commercials? Because pretty much every metric shows IT having a season for the ages last season. Kyrie had some nice numbers last year, but not even in the same ballpark as IT.

IT + Lebron has the potential to be special.

Comment

From the current depth chart it looks like the Celtics have 4 ..yep four...returning players from last years team.

That's a pant load of work to figure out rotations, a new defensive scheme and how to integrate 11 new guys in 30 days of training camp.

Tatum played well in summer league though.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      From the current depth chart it looks like the Celtics have 4 ..yep four...returning players from last years team.

That's a pant load of work to figure out rotations, a new defensive scheme and how to integrate 11 new guys in 30 days of training camp.

Tatum played well in summer league though.
                      Actually, they'll have 6+ months - the sorry state of the East this year is such that the Celtics will be in the top half of the playoff seeds barring calamity, so having a firm grasp of rotations right out of the gate won't be as crucial as if they were playing in the West, where a few early season losses as a result of rotational issues could have a significant impact on seeding.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        People think Kyle is far and away better than Kyrie, yet Kyrie is somehow much better than Isaiah.

The bias towards Raptors players is incredible.

Looking at the objective measures: advanced stats, team record, supporting cast, etc. It's pretty clear that last year it was Isaiah > Kyle > Kyrie.

Isaiah Thomas, who placed dead last (81st of 81) in defensive real plus minus among point guards? The same Isaiah Thomas who placed behind both Kyle and Kyrie in total real plus minus? You have a funny way of defining objective and bias.

Comment

So who won the trade?
                          I guess it comes dowm which PG is better?
                          Multiple choice:
                          a) Irving better
                          b) IT better
                          c) Whichever PG plays w Lebron is better.
                          I vote c.

WRT Crowder. We are assuming Browm or Tatum are ready to step up & be solid on D. Maybe. Personally maybe in a year or 2, not now.
                          Boston MAY have gotten better this year (slightly at best). Cavs will likely be much better in future after this deal.
                          Scariest thing is: This might just give James enough reason to hang around after this year (prior to trade Id say less than 1%)
                          Cherry on the cake:
                          If Cavs management goes to Lebron & says:
                          We have this (potentially) top 3 pick next year. If & only if you comit beyond this year its in play.
                          This Cavs team (yes with Crowder) are a tad closer to GS (maybe not there but closer than anyone, I know debatable).
                          With assets Nets pick brings & potencial Wade and/or Melo joining Cavs (if/when bought out), I think it will be hell of a finals.

Comment

We can debate Irving vs Thomas until the cows come home. But it's a good trade for both teams.

For Cleveland: IT is due for a huge payday at 29. This gives the Cavs some options for what to do in the next offseason. They got a good draft pick, along with Crowder who is possibly a missing piece for them. And IT should be able to sustain his production with better players around him.

For Boston: IT was great last year, but in the playoffs he's untested. Irving is championships tested, and he did well. He's basically unguardable. The Celts weren't going to surpass Cleveland this season anyway, and they now don't have to think about giving IT that massive contract. Irving is younger and has a few years left in this deal. They lost Crowder, but his minute share was going to shrink anyway, given those young guys they got. His minutes were going to shrink. They don't have to hide IT on defense anymore.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                              So who won the trade?
                              I guess it comes dowm which PG is better?
                              Multiple choice:
                              a) Irving better
                              b) IT better
                              c) Whichever PG plays w Lebron is better.
                              I vote c.

WRT Crowder. We are assuming Browm or Tatum are ready to step up & be solid on D. Maybe. Personally maybe in a year or 2, not now.
                              Boston MAY have gotten better this year (slightly at best). Cavs will likely be much better in future after this deal.
                              Scariest thing is: This might just give James enough reason to hang around after this year (prior to trade Id say less than 1%)
                              Cherry on the cake:
                              If Cavs management goes to Lebron & says:
                              We have this (potentially) top 3 pick next year. If & only if you comit beyond this year its in play.
                              This Cavs team (yes with Crowder) are a tad closer to GS (maybe not there but closer than anyone, I know debatable).
                              With assets Nets pick brings & potencial Wade and/or Melo joining Cavs (if/when bought out), I think it will be hell of a finals.
                              The pick will help the Cavs.
                              Melo would help the Cavs.
                              Dwayne Wade is like having to pay for all your lazy ass brother in laws drinks forever because you love your sister.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

learned my lesson

After pegging the W-L totals two seasons ago (despite the naysayers), last year I got overly excited and posted before Summer League had even been played out. Unfortunately, Wright got hurt, to be followed by Sullinger, to be followed by a just-horrendous schedule... and that was all before the season had even started!

But we don't have those problems this year... in fact, just the opposite. My predictions, then:

1. 56
                                2. 1st
                                3. not a clue
                                4. Terrific question; there's a lot of fan support in Canada. DD, KLo... and (what the heck) JV!
                                5. No trade... not his style.
                                6. Miles (90% sure; that's what he was acquired for)
                                7. 34%
                                8. 58
                                9. Van Vliet
                                10. Alfonzo McKinnie

1. The Cavaliers
                                2. The Cavaliers
                                3. MVP? ... Wow! That's a tough one. Curry?
                                4. Don't know.
                                5. Hmmmm... Kyrie to Boston and Melo to OKC! See? I "learned my lesson"!

Comment

Working...
                                X