Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodbye ACC; Hello Scotiabank Arena!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Goodbye ACC; Hello Scotiabank Arena!

    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/a...a-next-summer/

    So, this place our Raptors call home will no longer be known as the ACC starting next summer. It will now be known as the Scotiabank Arena.... and all I can say is NO. You take away the SkyDome from us & know you're doing this for the ACC? MLSE, I'm disappointed.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

    Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

  • #2
    I will forever call it the ACC... just as it is the Skydome or Dome.
    The Double Champ is here!
    Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
    Raptors: Larry O'Brien

    Comment


    • #3
      Nah fuck that shit

      Scotiabank what?

      Comment


      • #4

        Comment


        • #5
          you know the only reason it was ACC was because Air Canada was paying for it. There's nothing significant about the name lol
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

          Comment


          • #6
            Ad on their jersey and now this. Sigh. It is what it is.

            Speaking of ad, if i buy a Raps jersey, would it have the dumb Sun Life Financial ad in it? because i'm not buying a jersey with an ad in it.
            Mamba Mentality

            Comment


            • #7
              MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              you know the only reason it was ACC was because Air Canada was paying for it. There's nothing significant about the name lol
              Yeah this was my feeling too. The ACC is just another corporate sponsorship and thus I shouldn't have any feelings of loyalty for it...but I'll still use ACC but not out of spite, just laziness.

              And I still call it the Skydome.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

              Comment


              • #8
                TRex wrote: View Post
                Ad on their jersey and now this. Sigh. It is what it is.

                Speaking of ad, if i buy a Raps jersey, would it have the dumb Sun Life Financial ad in it? because i'm not buying a jersey with an ad in it.
                The ads are only for the jerseys worn by the players, not the consumer product.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                Comment


                • #9
                  Now they can go into that luxury tax lmao
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                  Comment


                  • #10


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Not sure if "going to the ACC" rolled of the tongue initially but it sounds smooth enough now. What will the new short form be? "Going to the Skosh"? "The SA"? Maybe "the Bank"?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        How many "Scotiabank Arenas" are there now? Lol Isn't there like one in every province now?

                        Change doesn't take place until July 2018, so all of next season will still be ACC.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Oh, and its for $800M over the next 20 years?!... that's not bad cash at all, damn. Hopefully it get reinvested back into the Clubs.

                          $40M/year is the most in the World for Arena/Stadium naming rights. Can't fault MLSE for saying "Oh ok, fine". Lol

                          As someone with Scotiabank, I do wonder what the hell they are doing with my money though?! Lol
                          Last edited by Joey; Tue Aug 29, 2017, 04:46 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            In terms of "what do we call it?" How about "Scotiarena" Lol

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Joey wrote: View Post
                              Oh, and its for $800M over the next 20 years?!... that's not bad cash at all, damn. Hopefully it get reinvested back into the Clubs.

                              $40M/year is the most in the World for Arena/Stadium naming rights. Can't fault MLSE for saying "Oh ok, fine". Lol

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X