Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What star will be available this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlesnba23
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Their front court and small forward would still be way better, we have better shooting guard and even point guards
    I do think that Ibaka can play at Sheed level if he really wants too.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    If we can get DeAndre Jordan, our starting lineup could look (a bit) like the '04 NBA Champions...

Wallace -> Jordan
    Wallace -> Ibaka
    Prince -> Anunoby
    Hamilton -> DeRozan
    Billups -> Lowry
    Their front court and small forward would still be way better, we have better shooting guard and even point guards

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied
    If we can get DeAndre Jordan, our starting lineup could look (a bit) like the '04 NBA Champions...

Wallace -> Jordan
    Wallace -> Ibaka
    Prince -> Anunoby
    Hamilton -> DeRozan
    Billups -> Lowry

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    What? No. Powell can't be traded. He's not BYC, he's post-veteran-extension. Cannot be traded, to any team, no matter what, for 6 months from the extension.
    |Well nvm on that then.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Btw I realized there is a way to use Powell in a trade but we need to involve a 3rd team that has cap space. Since it's 1.5M outgoing for us but ~10M incoming for the team we trade with. We could send him to a team like the Hawks for example who have cap space and then have them send picks and a lesser prospect to the team we're trying to acquire a player from.

The Hawks actually have a lot of extra 1st round picks (Wolves and Rockets in 2018 and Cavs in 2019) that they could include and i'm sure they'd be interested in Powell.

I didn't run all the math but in theory we could do something like this:

Atlanta Gets:
    Norman Powell

Raptors Get:
    Marc Gasol

Grizzlies Get:
    Jonas Valanciunas
    Bebe
    Bruno
    Wolves 2018 1st Round Pick
    What? No. Powell can't be traded. He's not BYC, he's post-veteran-extension. Cannot be traded, to any team, no matter what, for 6 months from the extension.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    We can't afford to trade Miles. You're talking about dropping the number of reliable shooters on the team to 2 (Lowry and Ibaka). I still don't fully trust OG's 40%, and you'd have zero shooters coming off the bench.
    I agree, but in the summer trading Miles could be interesting if some of the young guys prove they can shoot with consistency this season.

He has a cheap contract, is potentially an expiring deal next year and he can shoot the 3. Lots of teams need shooting so he might net some value back. I wonder if a team would trade a late first for him if there's a guy we like.

Obviously this is only if guys like Powell, OG, Ibaka and derozan can shoot well this season.

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    Btw I realized there is a way to use Powell in a trade but we need to involve a 3rd team that has cap space. Since it's 1.5M outgoing for us but ~10M incoming for the team we trade with. We could send him to a team like the Hawks for example who have cap space and then have them send picks and a lesser prospect to the team we're trying to acquire a player from.

The Hawks actually have a lot of extra 1st round picks (Wolves and Rockets in 2018 and Cavs in 2019) that they could include and i'm sure they'd be interested in Powell.

I didn't run all the math but in theory we could do something like this:

Atlanta Gets:
    Norman Powell

Raptors Get:
    Marc Gasol

Grizzlies Get:
    Jonas Valanciunas
    Bebe
    Bruno
    Wolves 2018 1st Round Pick

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    Kind of a funny aside but in NBA 2K18 the Clippers accept JV, Bebe and a 2nd rounder for DJ lmfao.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Tim Bontemps has been beating the drum for Deandre for a while. Not sure if I like it but I know some do. Have a listen at 3:45

http://podbay.fm/show/1067171416/e/1...00?autostart=1

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Still want nothing to do with mirotic.

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Thankfully our gm is masai ujiri who doesn't make decisions based on 2 weeks of play
    Woah the decision isn't based on 2 weeks of play. It's based on the fact that I think we have better options at center, Mirotic is a good player (who's playing above his level at the moment btw) and the fact that Mirotic works as a 12m expiring this year AND next year to use in a trade thanks to his team option.

Leave a comment:

• Deems
    replied
    Mirotic reminds me of Bargnani too much. I want to keep my PTSD subsided.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    I'd gladly trade JV for either of them, but the Bulls likely won't do that (especially not Portis).

Christian was right though JV for Mirotic would be an excellent move for us. Play Ibaka more at the 5, get Poeltl more minutes and add another guy who can shoot, make the right passes and score at the 4 spot. Plus his defense is actually decent (not great).
    Thankfully our gm is masai ujiri who doesn't make decisions based on 2 weeks of play

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    I'd gladly trade JV for either of them, but the Bulls likely won't do that (especially not Portis).

Christian was right though JV for Mirotic would be an excellent move for us. Play Ibaka more at the 5, get Poeltl more minutes and add another guy who can shoot, make the right passes and score at the 4 spot. Plus his defense is actually decent (not great).

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Portis is also having a low-key breakout season. 21/11 per 36 on high efficiency (112 ORTG) and high usage (25%), and 39% from 3. That is excellent production from a big man.
    He's the one really driving the Bulls' late success, too, if you look at the on-off splits. The team has been doing well enough with Mirotic on the court, but has been killing teams with Portis out there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X