Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2017/18 Pre-Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    thead wrote: View Post
    What does that look like to you?

    I'd like to see what a Lowry, DeRozan, Powell, Kilometers, Ibaka lineup can do
    I think a Lowry-Wright-Miles-Siakam-Poeltl bench group could be pretty solid
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

    Comment


    • #32
      thead wrote: View Post
      What does that look like to you?

      I'd like to see what a Lowry, DeRozan, Powell, Kilometers, Ibaka lineup can do
      That's a good small ball closing lineup, but I'd hope we see it in limited doses.

      Starting Lowry-DD-Norm-Ibaka-JV, running primary bench units of Wright-DD-Miles-Siakam-Poeltl and Wright-Lowry-Miles-Siakam-JV, with small ball lineups to close each half (Wright-DD-Powell-Miles-Ibaka or Wright-DD-Powell-Ibaka-Poeltl at the end of the 1st half; your lineup at the end of the game, or possibly close with the starters), should set us up for success throughout the game. Ibaka would get a few minutes with those bench units as a transition from/to the starters.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • #33
        I foresee us having continued success off the bench. Is it a lot to ask of our youngsters? Sure, but I'm pretty confident they're up to the task.

        Comment


        • #34
          When you try to emulate the Warriors, without any shooters.


          Comment


          • #35
            Nilanka wrote: View Post
            When you try to emulate the Warriors, without any shooters.




            Comment


            • #36
              You guys have been complaining about playing this way for years. After two preseason now y'all want to change your mind? Lol.

              Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

              Comment


              • #37
                Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                You guys have been complaining about playing this way for years. After two preseason now y'all want to change your mind? Lol.

                Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                i'm pretty sure that nobody was ever saying that the way to fix the offence was to jack up a bunch of garbage 3s.

                I mean seriously, Ibaka's shot selection so far makes 2014-15 Derozan's look good.

                Comment


                • #38
                  KHD wrote: View Post
                  i'm pretty sure that nobody was ever saying that the way to fix the offence was to jack up a bunch of garbage 3s.

                  I mean seriously, Ibaka's shot selection so far makes 2014-15 Derozan's look good.
                  Raptors got a lot of good 3s. Just can't make them.

                  Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Its a new system clearly it takes time to adjust. I think they want ibaka to space the floor but yeah I think he should be taking more shots inside. he is actually really effective mid range. Unfortunately this is where derozan operates too. Turning everyone into a play maker will open up these shots. overall I have liked the look of the offence just not the production. CJ miles will get better for sure. Norm will be back in the rotation... and OG will be playing and learning soon. I think these two things are key

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Raptors got a lot of good 3s. Just can't make them.

                      Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      You're joking.

                      Or you don't know what the hell a good shot is.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                        Its a new system clearly it takes time to adjust. I think they want ibaka to space the floor but yeah I think he should be taking more shots inside. he is actually really effective mid range. Unfortunately this is where derozan operates too. Turning everyone into a play maker will open up these shots. overall I have liked the look of the offence just not the production. CJ miles will get better for sure. Norm will be back in the rotation... and OG will be playing and learning soon. I think these two things are key
                        I'm fine with him taking threes. It's him taking deep threes and contested threes that are the issue. He's been jacking it no matter the coverage, that's the issue.

                        Most of the ball movement has looked really good. Not from Ibaka though.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          DanH wrote: View Post
                          I'm fine with him taking threes. It's him taking deep threes and contested threes that are the issue. He's been jacking it no matter the coverage, that's the issue.

                          Most of the ball movement has looked really good. Not from Ibaka though.
                          Yup particularly jv and derozan with jv coming as the biggest surprise to me. He zipped some really nice passes to cutters

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            DanH wrote: View Post
                            I'm fine with him taking threes. It's him taking deep threes and contested threes that are the issue. He's been jacking it no matter the coverage, that's the issue.

                            Most of the ball movement has looked really good. Not from Ibaka though.
                            Do you think it can improve with him?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                              Do you think it can improve with him?
                              Yeah. I think he's trying to get into a shooting rhythm. I expect him to change his approach when the real basketball approaches.

                              But if it holds up (it won't), it would be very concerning.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                                Because its 2015

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X