Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2017/18 Pre-Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Nobody is scared of the Raptors, that's the thing. Many bottom feeder teams come to Toronto with the attitude that they can beat them and why shouldn't they think this way?! They tend to hang around till the end of the game instead of being put away early and develop a comfortable cushion lead to coast through the majority of the 4th quarter.
    That's not true. I mean nobody's afraid of the Raptors like they're worried about Lebron or Golden State, but that goes for 95% of the teams in the league. Meanwhile the Raptors have won 70% of their home games over the past three seasons. Nobody's getting a free ride when they visit Toronto.

    The pre-season doom and gloom is getting a little carried away in here. Opening night can't come soon enough.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

    Comment


    • #77
      GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
      Wiltjer, Rautins and Meeks have been cut according to the RR homepage.

      I'd've liked to have given Wiltjer a little more of a look for his three-ball shot alone.
      The other two make sense to cut bait with though.

      Wonder if we'll see any of them with the 905?
      I wonder if this means that they're keeping both McKinnie and McDaniels
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

      Comment


      • #78
        007 wrote: View Post
        I wonder if this means that they're keeping both McKinnie and McDaniels
        I doubt that. McKinnie will get a spot for sure

        Comment


        • #79
          S.R. wrote: View Post

          The pre-season doom and gloom is getting a little carried away in here. Opening night can't come soon enough.

          I agree. Pre-season is just a laboratory to integrate new roster pieces into the team chemistry, try out new things and get the rust off.

          If pre-season results meant anything we wouldn't see both GSW and CLE going 0-2 as they are now. Most of the lineups we went with so far we'll never see again. Let them experiment, that's what these 5 games are there for, but you can really read too much into it.
          Last edited by inthepaint; Sat Oct 7th, 2017, 11:10 PM.
          ==Glad to have doubted the doubters==

          Comment


          • #80
            In a shocking turn of events, the guys who were never going to make the roster didn't make the roster.

            I stand my prediction of McKinnie and no one else making it. Hard to imagine them holding onto the extra guy with OG back early and McDaniels looking pretty bad so far.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

            Comment


            • #81
              DanH wrote: View Post
              In a shocking turn of events, the guys who were never going to make the roster didn't make the roster.

              I stand my prediction of McKinnie and no one else making it. Hard to imagine them holding onto the extra guy with OG back early and McDaniels looking pretty bad so far.
              Agreed.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

              Comment


              • #82
                Nice interview with Lowry by NBATV.

                Summary: the culture reset is all about changing the style of play to be ready for the playoffs, i.e., getting other players ready to make plays when Kyle and DeMar are double-teamed and the offense is easily shut-down. It took 4 years to figure this out? Looks like that long running RR debate is finally put to rest.

                http://www.nba.com/video/2017/10/07/...ry-interview#/

                Comment


                • #83
                  golden wrote: View Post
                  Nice interview with Lowry by NBATV.

                  Summary: the culture reset is all about changing the style of play to be ready for the playoffs, i.e., getting other players ready to make plays when Kyle and DeMar are double-teamed and the offense is easily shut-down. It took 4 years to figure this out? Looks like that long running RR debate is finally put to rest.

                  http://www.nba.com/video/2017/10/07/...ry-interview#/
                  Very good interview. I like everything he said. I know this season with all the young guys there are going to be some really low lows like Kyle said but if they push through and it just ends up making the young guys better in the long term I'm happy. It's high time they all finally start getting consistent minutes. They'll never get good if they don't.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    DanH wrote: View Post
                    In a shocking turn of events, the guys who were never going to make the roster didn't make the roster.

                    I stand my prediction of McKinnie and no one else making it. Hard to imagine them holding onto the extra guy with OG back early and McDaniels looking pretty bad so far.
                    We don't know how those two are doing in practise. My guess is why McDaniels

                    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Also speaking of young guys, I'm shocked to see that Pascal is actually shooting 42% from 3 so far in the preseason. And he's been playing with the full bench lineups a lot and the 3rd stringers. It really never feel like he was shooting it that well. I don't think he keeps up 40% but if he can be league average for a big man that will only help us. Especially with how shit Serge is playing.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        GLF wrote: View Post
                        Very good interview. I like everything he said. I know this season with all the young guys there are going to be some really low lows like Kyle said but if they push through and it just ends up making the young guys better in the long term I'm happy. It's high time they all finally start getting consistent minutes. They'll never get good if they don't.
                        Let's see how much of a difference this style change makes come playoffs. Role players still need to make shots when Deebo/KLow get trapped.

                        Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                        @Chr1st1anL

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          We don't know how those two are doing in practise. My guess is why McDaniels

                          Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          Yea but who cares about practice, as Iverson would say lol. There have been a plethora of guys who've come and gone in this league because they show glimpses in practice but cant do shit when the actual games start. KJ seems to be one of them.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Let's see how much of a difference this style change makes come playoffs. Role players still need to make shots when Deebo/KLow get trapped.

                            Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                            That's very true. If it doesn't show results by playoff time they it was all for nothing, because right now this style seems to be hurting our defence which isn't good. I think that's why Casey never liked the up and down style in the past. I think this season is just going to be about fine tuning it and really getting it down by playoff time. If we're peaking around that time then we did the right thing.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              GLF wrote: View Post
                              Yea but who cares about practice, as Iverson would say lol. There have been a plethora of guys who've come and gone in this league because they show glimpses in practice but cant do shit when the actual games start. KJ seems to be one of them.
                              McDaniel has already had more success in NBA than McKinnie though. Practise those matter, especially when you battling for a roster spot. It's not like these guys will be regular rotation players. It's possible I guess but, not likely.

                              Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sun Oct 8th, 2017, 10:28 AM.
                              @Chr1st1anL

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                McDaniel has already had more success in NBA than McKinnie though. Practise those matter, especially when you battling for a roster spot.

                                Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                It does in fighting for a roster spot but not in the grand scheme of things. I think if McKinnie got McDaniel's opportunities he would have done a much better job, but obviously we'll never know for sure. You can just see he's a superior player already. Mainly because he can do a bit of everything and is a much better shooter than I thought. McDaniels seems to only be able to play decent defence and is very athletic, we already have OG who can do that. Or at least I rather OG get those minutes than McDaniels. We don't need him
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X