X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH
    replied
    Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    I'm absolutely worried, because when 2/3 of those guys are off, there is literally no one else to step in and make up the difference.
    So none of our less proven shooters can get hot for one game? We have no other method of scoring that's not hitting threes, as demonstrated for like a half decade now?

Leave a comment:

• Uncle_Si
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    The vast majority of the three point attempts (while we've had any real rotation lineups on the floor) have come from those three guys. I'm not worried.
    I'm absolutely worried, because when 2/3 of those guys are off, there is literally no one else to step in and make up the difference.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    I think it’s fine and good that the Raptors plan on chucking a bunch of threes, but they really don’t have the personnel for it.

Outside of Lowry, Miles and I guess Ibaka, who is really considered that big of a threat from deep?

We’re essentially counting on a pile of guys that have no history of being good shooters to suddenly shoot at a 35% clip.

Masai needs to find shooters, otherwise we’re just chucking bricks and giving up fast breaks.
    The vast majority of the three point attempts (while we've had any real rotation lineups on the floor) have come from those three guys. I'm not worried.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle_Si
    replied
    I think it’s fine and good that the Raptors plan on chucking a bunch of threes, but they really don’t have the personnel for it.

Outside of Lowry, Miles and I guess Ibaka, who is really considered that big of a threat from deep?

We’re essentially counting on a pile of guys that have no history of being good shooters to suddenly shoot at a 35% clip.

Masai needs to find shooters, otherwise we’re just chucking bricks and giving up fast breaks.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    Do you think it can improve with him?
    Yeah. I think he's trying to get into a shooting rhythm. I expect him to change his approach when the real basketball approaches.

But if it holds up (it won't), it would be very concerning.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    I'm fine with him taking threes. It's him taking deep threes and contested threes that are the issue. He's been jacking it no matter the coverage, that's the issue.

Most of the ball movement has looked really good. Not from Ibaka though.
    Do you think it can improve with him?

Leave a comment:

• ogi
    replied
    I'm fine with him taking threes. It's him taking deep threes and contested threes that are the issue. He's been jacking it no matter the coverage, that's the issue.

Yup particularly jv and derozan with jv coming as the biggest surprise to me. He zipped some really nice passes to cutters

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    Its a new system clearly it takes time to adjust. I think they want ibaka to space the floor but yeah I think he should be taking more shots inside. he is actually really effective mid range. Unfortunately this is where derozan operates too. Turning everyone into a play maker will open up these shots. overall I have liked the look of the offence just not the production. CJ miles will get better for sure. Norm will be back in the rotation... and OG will be playing and learning soon. I think these two things are key

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Raptors got a lot of good 3s. Just can't make them.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    You're joking.

Or you don't know what the hell a good shot is.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    Its a new system clearly it takes time to adjust. I think they want ibaka to space the floor but yeah I think he should be taking more shots inside. he is actually really effective mid range. Unfortunately this is where derozan operates too. Turning everyone into a play maker will open up these shots. overall I have liked the look of the offence just not the production. CJ miles will get better for sure. Norm will be back in the rotation... and OG will be playing and learning soon. I think these two things are key

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    KHD wrote: View Post
    i'm pretty sure that nobody was ever saying that the way to fix the offence was to jack up a bunch of garbage 3s.

I mean seriously, Ibaka's shot selection so far makes 2014-15 Derozan's look good.
    Raptors got a lot of good 3s. Just can't make them.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    You guys have been complaining about playing this way for years. After two preseason now y'all want to change your mind? Lol.

i'm pretty sure that nobody was ever saying that the way to fix the offence was to jack up a bunch of garbage 3s.

I mean seriously, Ibaka's shot selection so far makes 2014-15 Derozan's look good.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    You guys have been complaining about playing this way for years. After two preseason now y'all want to change your mind? Lol.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    When you try to emulate the Warriors, without any shooters.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    When you try to emulate the Warriors, without any shooters.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X