Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    I foresee us having continued success off the bench. Is it a lot to ask of our youngsters? Sure, but I'm pretty confident they're up to the task.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    What does that look like to you?

I'd like to see what a Lowry, DeRozan, Powell, Kilometers, Ibaka lineup can do
    That's a good small ball closing lineup, but I'd hope we see it in limited doses.

Starting Lowry-DD-Norm-Ibaka-JV, running primary bench units of Wright-DD-Miles-Siakam-Poeltl and Wright-Lowry-Miles-Siakam-JV, with small ball lineups to close each half (Wright-DD-Powell-Miles-Ibaka or Wright-DD-Powell-Ibaka-Poeltl at the end of the 1st half; your lineup at the end of the game, or possibly close with the starters), should set us up for success throughout the game. Ibaka would get a few minutes with those bench units as a transition from/to the starters.

Leave a comment:

replied

I think a Lowry-Wright-Miles-Siakam-Poeltl bench group could be pretty solid

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    The more line up combinations they try out the better Raptors will be prepared.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    If we set up the rotation properly, I fully expect our bench to be an area of strength.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    We are so clearly going to struggle this year. Our bench, which was our strongest asset, is now a liability
    If we set up the rotation properly, I fully expect our bench to be an area of strength.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    We are so clearly going to struggle this year. Our bench, which was our strongest asset, is now a liability

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    Even your boy Zach Lowe is losing confidence in the Raps. Here are his "teams to watch" for 2017-2018:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ankings-part-1
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ankings-part-2
    Dude...these are his league pass rankings. Not a prediction or forecast of success. His criteria is in like the first paragraph but includes metrics like unintentional comedy, style, and highlight production.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    Even your boy Zach Lowe is losing confidence in the Raps. Here are his "teams to watch" for 2017-2018:

He's not wrong. We're basically hoping for a big leap by powell, Anunoby or maybe jv/yak...or else it's "meet the new raps....same as the old raps"

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    Meh that's his League Pass rankings. Nothing about how many games they'll win, just which teams he'd rather watch.

And I'm confident he'll be forced to eat his words at some point by the end of the season.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied

19. TORONTO RAPTORS (27.5)

The Raptors are officially boring. They're good, but they're boring. You can close your eyes and envision every sequence: DeMar DeRozan accelerating into a handoff at the elbow, and kicking the ball up top to Kyle Lowry; the token Jonas Valanciunas post-up, complete with comically overwrought pump-fake; Serge Ibaka slipping to the wing, catching the ball, and settling for a 20-footer; the offense crapping the bed in the playoffs. DeRozan and Lowry have grooved tracks into the Scotiabank Arena (barf) floor. Even Dwane Casey's patented clap-and-scream into the ear of opposing shooters has lost its charm.

Toronto is talking big about reinventing the offense. We'll see.

There is some fresh blood. Norman Powell knows only one speed, and one direction -- to the rim. C.J. Miles is not shy. He'll fly off a screen, catch the ball facing the opposite shot clock, and whirl into a leg-kicky 3. Both will sop up some of the tweener forward minutes left behind by PJ Tucker, Plus-Minus God Patrick Patterson, and Carrolledit: WHO??. Ditto for Pascal Siakam, a beam of kinetic energy who can hang with wing players on defense.

Casey is fitting a tricky frontcourt puzzle, with three true centers and a fourth guy -- Ibaka -- who will close a lot of games there. If one of the baby bigs emerges -- Jakob Poeltl would be the pick here -- Valanciunas may become someone to watch on the trade market.

All the accoutrements are solid.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Mess wrote: View Post
    Do you think Leo paid Michael Grange to ask about his son?
    No.

Is Leo's son here because he's Leo's son?

Yes

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    I want to see a lot of FVV. Apparently the coaches and players were impressed. Lowry claims Fred is ahead of where Lowry was at the same age. I think Fred might have a cooler head on his shoulders than Lowry did at that point in his career. With Lowry to mentor him, Fred could be the surprise of the season.
    What's FVV's realistic ceiling? Patty Mills? He's so small.

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    Do you think Leo paid Michael Grange to ask about his son?

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Casey calls Bruno a knock shooter in this clip. Really sounds like he will get his chance at that 10th man role.
    I consider this year to be Bruno's unofficial rookie year as if he just finished 4 years of college and was picked in the 2nd round behind Bolden.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X