No announcement yet.

Preseason Game 3: Toronto @ Portland, October 5th, 10:00 PM ET, TSN2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We don't really need McKinnie to improve, we need him to be a solid roleplayer. That is, he's not a developmental addition - he's a journeyman addition.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      With Miller and Brown on 2-ways, that'd be an awful lot of guard-wings: DeMar, Powell, Miles, Wright, McKinnie, Rautins, Miller, Brown + Bruno & OG + Rautins.
      Here's a semi-related hypothetical for everyone - if Richard Jefferson is indeed waived by the Cavs, could the Raps find room for his $2.5M deal (2nd year is unguaranteed) and would they want him on the bench instead of one of the many young unprovens?

(Would he come here? That's another question but since his salary is so low I doubt he would make it off waivers and therefore have a choice - though I can't recall the last time an NBA player was claimed off waivers)
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
        Here's a semi-related hypothetical for everyone - if Richard Jefferson is indeed waived by the Cavs, could the Raps find room for his $2.5M deal (2nd year is unguaranteed) and would they want him on the bench instead of one of the many young unprovens?

(Would he come here? That's another question but since his salary is so low I doubt he would make it off waivers and therefore have a choice - though I can't recall the last time an NBA player was claimed off waivers)
        Hmm, we could claim him using one of our trade exceptions, but then we'd almost certainly end up over the tax. We'd be quite a ways down the waiver list, too, so if anyone else was interested they'd likely get him first.

Don't think I'd be interested. Want to see what the young guys can do.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The waiver list goes by cap space or something?

The over the tax thing kind of crosses it off the list.

But it got me thinking that since the 2nd year of his contract at $2.6M can be unguaranteed up until Jan 10, 2019, his contract would be a better asset than a similarly sized trade exception - since that would expire earlier (ignoring any roster spot crunch). so maybe some team claims him just for that purpose. If not then I suppose any contender who wants him can get him at the minimum after he clears, us usual. Doubt he'd go back to the Spurs though.
          Last edited by Mess; Fri Oct 6, 2017, 04:16 PM.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
            The waiver list goes by cap space or something?
            By regular season standings (worst record gets preference). It still being the off-season, last year's standings apply.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• When's next game?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                When's next game?
                Tues vs pistons

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Your signature is becoming relevant again. Don't give in to the dark side, GLF!

Seriously, though, there is absolutely no reason to take anything from pre-season play. The Cavs were 2-4 in pre-season last year, while the Hawks and Wolves went 5-2. Shockingly, the Cavs were a very good team, and the Hawks and Wolves not so much.

Relax. We've barely seen any of the regular season rotation, and even when we have, guys are trying random stuff out because it's pre-season, plus the coaching staff having the team get comfortable shooting (the wild 3 point attempt numbers will come down in the regular season, you can bet on that).

You know what we do have? Actual NBA season minutes from almost all of our key rotation players that suggest they'll be very good to just fine in the roles they have for this season.
                  I know I know I'm falling back into the dark side lol. I'm letting shaolin mess with my head ahaha. But yea we haven't played our regular rotation yet so I'm definitely going to hold off until the regular season starts.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                    Tues vs pistons
                    Much needed practice time.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                      Tues vs pistons
                      arghhh...totally thought there was a Sunday night game. Oh well. BTW...awesome job NBA at scheduling the opening night match ups but why schedule our last preseason game against the Bulls and then start the season against them a few days later? The Bulls don't need any more weird advantages (beyond just somehow being the bulls that always beat us)

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        Kyle, Delon, Freddy
                        Demar, Norm,
                        Miles, Anunoby McKinnie
                        Ibalka, Siakam, Wiltjer, Bruno
                        JV, Poeltl, Bebe

If the plan is to put up 40 or more 3s a night....This might be the roster they break camp with.
                        Wiltjer can shoot. Can’t defend at all..but he can shoot.
                        Well so much for that brilliant prediction on Wiltjer ...
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

Working...
                        X