How much have we improved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Nice post....expect some cynical responses. There was one category you alluded to but should have factored in. When the Raptors play a game, part of what determines the outcome is the opponent. Yes, many stars have gone west but Melo and George left bad teams that we usually beat anyways. Butler leaves a team that we should have beaten but cosmically, could not. In our division, Boston, Philly and even maybe the Nets will be improved. Same for the Bucks, Wiz, Heat...maybe Bobcats. Not to mention the now improved West teams that we still have to play. I see a bit more parity this year. We're a better team than the one that started last year but that still might result in fewer wins in the regular season. So, 50 wins or less but still a better team.

edit....Hornets, not Bobcats. that will take a while
    Good points about Indiana and NY already being bad with George and Melo last year. The good news is Millsap left Atlanta and that team looks like a D-League level team. And we've always had troubles against Atlanta it seems. So that could be 4 easy wins now.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      At this point I'm really done debating this. Let's see how the year turns out with you folks putting us at like a 50 win floor.
      Deal.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

If you predict less than 50 wins you're not a hater but if you're predicting more than 50 wins than you're a homer. Cool
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I think we get 50-52 wins this year, so I'll go with 51. I honestly can't say we've improved without seeing if there's been significant internal improvement from the young guys. Without that we haven't improved at all.

Comment

I think we've gotten slightly worse, but the entire East aside from our friends in Boston and Cleveland has gotten quite a bit worse. So we'll have nearly as many wins.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Exactly. Agree with what Paul Pierce said. Everyone wants to play like the Warriors and the Rockets. Run and gun 3pt shooting team. But you have to have the personnel to do it. We don't have the personnel to do it. Raptors are playing way too fast, they're taking way too many 3 pointers. And they're not making much. It's really dumb.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                For the record, I voted 51-56, though I disagree entirely with the commentary associated with it.

The only real risk to the team's continued success IMO is if Serge's game falls off a cliff.
                To be fair, Serge's game has been rolling down the hill for several years now, but from last year, he should be about the same.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

We haven't improved at all personnel wise but there's value in bringing back a good team year after year while your immediate competitors are trying to integrate major pieces. Plus the Conference is absolutely terrible this season which is probably worth a few wins for any of the top teams in the East. I think the Raptors will end up somewhere in the 50-53 win mark again.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    I think we've gotten slightly worse, but the entire East aside from our friends in Boston and Cleveland has gotten quite a bit worse. So we'll have nearly as many wins.
                    Charlotte got better, Milwaukee should get better by virtue of simply internal development considering the age and potential of their core players. Philadelphia will be better if they're healthy at all. The teams that got worse are Indiana, Atlanta, New York and Chicago.

Comment

This team really has to stay healthy though to pull it out as the bench is all kids pretty much (not a bad thing necessarily as we have been waiting to see them get some more minutes).

I hope to see one of Delon, Pascal, Bebe or God even Bruno (LOLL)someone to break out.. not huge superstar way but a serviceable and dependable player...I think Delon has potential and I think if they truly give him a shot he could be that guy..

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                        Exactly. Agree with what Paul Pierce said. Everyone wants to play like the Warriors and the Rockets. Run and gun 3pt shooting team. But you have to have the personnel to do it. We don't have the personnel to do it. Raptors are playing way too fast, they're taking way too many 3 pointers. And they're not making much. It's really dumb.

Pierce still trolling us....isn't there some kind of conflict of interest having a featured speaker give objective thoughts on the Raptors playoff success when he was one of the ones to foil it?

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

I'm pretty sure nobody from the Raptors said they want to play like GS or Houston. I seem to recall them saying the opposite - but I could be wrong.

Raptors are averaging 43 3PA so far in the preseason, that would have been #1 last season...3 more than the Rockets and 10 more than 3rd place Cleveland. Oh and the Rockets are chucking 52 3's per game this preseason. It will get dialed back. It has to. If it doesn't I'll eat 3 of something gross.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

82 if Bruno starts.

Comment

Deems wrote: View Post
                              82 if Bruno starts.
                              0-82?

Sorry...you lobbed that one in there

Comment

I think he was referring to 3PA.

Not sure what he meant by "if Bruno starts" though. Perhaps he was saying hypothetically, if Bruno was a legit NBA player and started, that in that scenario silly and implausible scenario, the Raptors would then end up jacking up 82 3PA per game.

Seems unlikely, although I would say there's a higher chance of a team shooting 82 3PA in a single game than there is of Bruno ever starting for an NBA team unless he missed the team bus and the bus blew up and killed everyone on board. Even 182 3PA in a game, or 282 3PA in a game, seems more likely than Bruno starting.
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X