No announcement yet.

How much have we improved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing is forsure Ross/Carroll < Norm/CJ. This is probably the most competent wing rotation with had around Deebo/Klow

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      One thing is forsure Ross/Carroll < Norm/CJ. This is probably the most competent wing rotation with had around Deebo/Klow

The comparison is actually Ross/Carroll/Norm vs. Norm(plus ~10mpg)/CJ.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        with Carroll missing with injury or being a negative on a floor and Ross showing up once in 4 games and Norm being a last resort for Casey I'll this year's rotation is better.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

The comparison is ACTUALLY Ross/Carroll and Norm once in a while vs. Norm for 26 mpg+ every night/CJ.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
            The comparison is ACTUALLY Ross/Carroll and Norm once in a while vs. Norm for 26 mpg+ every night/CJ.
            I said +10mpg. Norm played about 18mpg last year (17mpg pre ASB), he will play 26mpg like you said so +10. Not fucking complicated.

Comment

I said +10mpg. Norm played about 18mpg last year (17mpg pre ASB), he will play 26mpg like you said so +10. Not fucking complicated.
              Bahaha. Dude. I was correcting the implication that Powell was actually a regular rotation player before Ross got traded. Calm your tits

Comment

Pierce looks robotic as an analyst. You need someone with a bit of personality doing what he just did there. Nonetheless you pretty much have to agree with him. Raptors playing like Houston without guys like Gordon, Harden, Anderson, Lou Williams (now Paul) or Ariza is asking for trouble.

If that's what they want to do then they really need to consider trading DD for someone else. You build your offense around your best scorers. Otherwise it's like ramming a square peg in a round hole.

Comment

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Oct 9, 2017, 08:46 AM.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Pierce looks robotic as an analyst. You need someone with a bit of personality doing what he just did there. Nonetheless you pretty much have to agree with him. Raptors playing like Houston without guys like Gordon, Harden, Anderson, Lou Williams (now Paul) or Ariza is asking for trouble.

If that's what they want to do then they really need to consider trading DD for someone else. You build your offense around your best scorers. Otherwise it's like ramming a square peg in a round hole.
                    It’s the pre season exhibitions....

- get a look at the guys from 8 to 15 on the roster to see who fits where....
                    - run the new schemes to the extreme for reps... it’s unlikely the raps put up 40 3’s a game but run it in game conditions for reps, do think they keep the ball movement and take between 30 and 33 a game
                    - highly unlikely they trade DD ...it’s on Nurse to marry the need for increased ball movement, continue to make use of the Raps big advantages over most teams with their guard play, and find that elusive third option to make teams pay when they double up on Kyle and DD...Powell and Miles ??
                    - hoping Anunoby plays some to see just how big the hole is at SF..cuz it’s a gap right now...
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

Massiv x factor here is, of course, the young guys.

The role players gone from last year were bigger names, but aside from Tucker (only here the last 1/4 of the year), they underwhelmed on a variety of levels. There's real potential for the young guys stepping in to be better than what we got out of the outgoing guys last year, but counting on development is always a crapshoot with youth. Maybe too many of them are still too young.

I guess x factor #2 is the health of Serge + Lowry.

Those are the two factors that knock this down to a 45 win team. If those factors turn out positive, then it's a 50+ win team pushing for the ECF again.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Massive X factor indeed. We're going to be good.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Massiv x factor here is, of course, the young guys.

The role players gone from last year were bigger names, but aside from Tucker (only here the last 1/4 of the year), they underwhelmed on a variety of levels. There's real potential for the young guys stepping in to be better than what we got out of the outgoing guys last year, but counting on development is always a crapshoot with youth. Maybe too many of them are still too young.

I guess x factor #2 is the health of Serge + Lowry.

Those are the two factors that knock this down to a 45 win team. If those factors turn out positive, then it's a 50+ win team pushing for the ECF again.
                          I'm floating around the 48 win mark, simply because there will be growing pains with Delon, Norm, Yak eating up heavier minutes this year.

But I'm ok with this. We'll have a very strong bench unit by next season....and perhaps even by April.

Comment

Cj/Norm > Ross/Carroll. OG/Siakam > 2pat. This team is better.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Cj/Norm > Ross/Carroll. OG/Siakam > 2pat. This team is better.

OG/Siakam > 2Pat? Maybe in a year or two.

I'll make you a sig bet that we don't win more games than last year. 52 or more, you win. 51 or less, I win.

Loser wears the other's choice of sig (nothing dirty) from end of regular season till the draft.

I don't like betting against the Raps but since we disagree on practically everything this should be fun.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                OG/Siakam > 2Pat? Maybe in a year or two.

I'll make you a sig bet that we don't win more games than last year. 52 or more, you win. 51 or less, I win.

Loser wears the other's choice of sig (nothing dirty) from end of regular season till the draft.

I don't like betting against the Raps but since we disagree on practically everything this should be fun.
                                Sounds good to me. Bets off if Lowry/Deebo suffer a serious injury.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X