No announcement yet.

matt and jack...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leo hasn't really adjusted his style since the SkyDome days. He still speaks like the audience is watching basketball for the 1st time.

As a colour commentator, he needs to provide more of HIS opinions, go on a few rants, point out what he likes AND dislikes. He's too even-keeled for this day and age. Needs to show a wider spectrum of emotions.

I'm sure he's capable of it. His twitter account can get a little spicy (by his standards).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Leo hasn't really adjusted his style since the SkyDome days. He still speaks like the audience is watching basketball for the 1st time.

As a colour commentator, he needs to provide more of HIS opinions, go on a few rants, point out what he likes AND dislikes. He's too even-keeled for this day and age. Needs to show a wider spectrum of emotions.

I'm sure he's capable of it. His twitter account can get a little spicy (by his standards).
      you see that orange ball? No it doesnt represent my syracuse colours... It's called a basketball...

Comment

One of the highlights of the Melbourne game (other than the apparent Norm Powell resurgence) was when Jack quipped " some of the guys who leave Syracuse early take a pay cut". No comment from the other two.

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
          I love Jacko. His chemistry is so good with Matt, especially when they start insulting each other. Jack's breakdowns are some of the best, especially from a broadcast side.

He rarely stutters, knows what he's breaking down as it happens, and he's incredibly unique with that good ol' Brooklyn slang on the mic.

Leo, on the other hand.... For god's sakes, I fall asleep 45 seconds in the first quarter. Stutters, struggles to find the correct adjectives to describe what's happening... I'd rather have Sam Mitchell on the broadcast, lol.
          Leo is super monotone and he comes off as an arrogant rich dickhead

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Leo is super monotone and he comes off as an arrogant rich dickhead
            That's because he is. lol
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              That's because he is. lol
              He'd be more suited working some corporate gig than as a commentator

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                He'd be more suited working some corporate gig than as a commentator
                They tried to groom Morris Peterson but soon found out when the camera is on he has trouble forming sentences

Comment

They tried to groom Morris Peterson but soon found out when the camera is on he has trouble forming sentences
                  I remember him being a guest a few times I think. That's relatable, as much as I roast these guys I could never be commentator as I am very camera shy

Comment

I dont mind matt n jack. Jack used to get on my nerves but not anymore. Rautins has just been saying score from inside for 23 years now

Comment

Mo Pete is pretty bland, but Smitch is okay. I prefer seeing former NBA players or coaches who still have some street cred in the league. It would be nice to have a commentator who is getting some inside scoops from time to time using their NBA relationhips. McGrady's become a pretty good analyst. Bring back T-Mac?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                        Mo Pete is pretty bland, but Smitch is okay. I prefer seeing former NBA players or coaches who still have some street cred in the league. It would be nice to have a commentator who is getting some inside scoops from time to time using their NBA relationhips. McGrady's become a pretty good analyst. Bring back T-Mac?
                        That'll be tough trying to convince him to leave ESPN -- he's had it good there with The Jump, too. Love that show.

Vince would be absolutely fantastic when he's done his career.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Reggie Miller sucks bad. Hes condescending and arrogant. Theres a halftime raptor analyst guy i think on sportsnet havent noticed him in awhile. Mid/late 50s hes got grayish hair and a typical CTV helmet head haircut. Dave something? Im bad with names 😖

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                            T-Mac got a monotone voice, I would fall a sleep in 15 minutes.

Vince Carter (in a year or two) or Anthony Parker would be better.

Comment

Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                              Reggie Miller sucks bad. Hes condescending and arrogant. Theres a halftime raptor analyst guy i think on sportsnet havent noticed him in awhile. Mid/late 50s hes got grayish hair and a typical CTV helmet head haircut. Dave something? Im bad with names ��
                              Brad fay

Comment

Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                                I dont mind matt n jack. Jack used to get on my nerves but not anymore. Rautins has just been saying score from inside for 23 years now
                                Jack just seems likke sideshow Bob to me. His voice is grating and I've hear all his stories. He's like th eweird uncle that you're glad you only see at Christmas.

I don't mind Matt but Leo doesn't add anything. I can't stand Sam Mitchell, just too condescending for me. I guess listening to broadcasters is all relative tot he listener and what they like.

The same argument goes on for Blue Jays fans over Buck and Tabby. Generally, I prefer a professional broadcaster with a great voice over former players. The exception is Blair and Barker.....

Comment

Working...
                                X