matt and jack...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scraptor wrote: View Post
    He doesn't feud with Jack, he and Jack just mess with each other. It's banter and you can tell they genuinely like each other.

He has had some legendary moments of epic awkardness with Leo though.

Also: I'd much rather have a guy like Matt who is too passionate than a monotone guy who doesn't give a shit.
    Matt goes too far and his 3 is the key thing with Jack is so played out and clearly Jack is getting annoyed by it. There are only so many ways he can respond to Matt's incessant badgering about the same god damn thing over and over every broadcast. Its absurd. It clearly feels like Jack is biting his tongue and sometimes he cant even hide his annoyance. For the most part I agree they just mess with each other and all is well (tho Matt is still unbearable) but Matt is definitely pushing the limit with Jack. I agree with a previous post that E. Smith should be given a chance to work beside Jack.

Comment

I get a lot of league pass games as well, and it was so comforting hearing the home crew against Detroit.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        The more time you spend with someone, the more annoying they become, lol.

If you spent as much time listening to other teams' broadcasts as you do the Raptors, I'm sure you'd find them annoying too. It's human nature.
        Ah, so I see you've got a live-in wife/girlfriend

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Kids are annoying too

Comment

They're nowhere near being the worst.

I

Comment

You got the wrong barfly. It was Norm who was married.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                You got the wrong barfly. It was Norm who was married.
                That's right Cliff was the closeted homosexual (pc disclaimer: not saying there's anything wrong with that)

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Rod Black is hilarious for all the wrong reasons.
                  Every time I see him I have two immediate thoughts:

"Oh, where did his moustache go?"
                  and
                  "90's Olympic skiing coverage"

Same two thoughts. Every time. I don't think it'll ever change.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

and

For the slightly older crowd, who remembers tsn's jim van Horne? That wasn't a moustache, that was manstache

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

and

I'm originally from Winnipeg and Rod Black was our local CKY-TV reporter (affiliate station to CTV). He used to do Winnipeg Jets games back in the day so saw him often. He was a bonehead back then too.

Also Figure Skating.. he's always covering those competitions.

Comment

Machine wrote: View Post
                        Matt goes too far and his 3 is the key thing with Jack is so played out and clearly Jack is getting annoyed by it. There are only so many ways he can respond to Matt's incessant badgering about the same god damn thing over and over every broadcast. Its absurd. It clearly feels like Jack is biting his tongue and sometimes he cant even hide his annoyance. For the most part I agree they just mess with each other and all is well (tho Matt is still unbearable) but Matt is definitely pushing the limit with Jack. I agree with a previous post that E. Smith should be given a chance to work beside Jack.
                        This is the one thing that's played out. Matt should just leave the 3 alone now.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          This is the one thing that's played out. Matt should just leave the 3 alone now.
                          I tweeted him to stop going on about "the summer 3!" a couple years back, because of the implication it was a bad shot. He said he was just having fun with it. The running gags are a bit annoying.

Comment

I am not a huge Leo fan but he bought a lot of credibility with me when he called out players in the playoffs a couple years ago, which was shocking.

I used to like Jack quite a bit but the schtick is wearing thin and he really pissed me off with his "where are the fans? the fans need to be better!" nonsense in the playoffs. As a fan of this crappy organization for 20+ years, to call out the fans as though we owe this historically loser organization anything really grinded my gears....

Devlin I like but him and Jack can be borderline unlistenable when they get off on one of their stupid non-basketball tangents. Enough already. I am convinced though that they are absolutely told to do it and it obviously plays well with the viewers or they would be gone by now. Personally, I'd love to see them let Leo and Jack talk more x's and o's. I feel like the telecast is trapped in 2001 while the fans are living in 2017....

All in all, it could be a lot worse.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                              I am not a huge Leo fan but he bought a lot of credibility with me when he called out players in the playoffs a couple years ago, which was shocking.

I used to like Jack quite a bit but the schtick is wearing thin and he really pissed me off with his "where are the fans? the fans need to be better!" nonsense in the playoffs. As a fan of this crappy organization for 20+ years, to call out the fans as though we owe this historically loser organization anything really grinded my gears....

Devlin I like but him and Jack can be borderline unlistenable when they get off on one of their stupid non-basketball tangents. Enough already. I am convinced though that they are absolutely told to do it and it obviously plays well with the viewers or they would be gone by now. Personally, I'd love to see them let Leo and Jack talk more x's and o's. I feel like the telecast is trapped in 2001 while the fans are living in 2017....

All in all, it could be a lot worse.
                              I too wish there was a little more x's an o's but as you said I'm sure they're following orders. Gotta remember us at RR are a very small minority that will watch anyways. The average canadian fan is still very novice I'm afraid, one trip to the teams Facebook comment section is exhibit a of that case

Comment

I too wish there was a little more x's an o's but as you said I'm sure they're following orders. Gotta remember us at RR are a very small minority that will watch anyways. The average canadian fan is still very novice I'm afraid, one trip to the teams Facebook comment section is exhibit a of that case
                                Eh, out of all 3 I find Leo says the dumbest x's & o's stuff now and then. Or maybe he just irritates me the most so it annoys me more than a similar comment from the others would.
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X