matt and jack...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotshot wrote: View Post
    T-Mac got a monotone voice, I would fall a sleep in 15 minutes.

Vince Carter (in a year or two) or Anthony Parker would be better.
    I saw/heard Carter do a lengthy colour man spot last year for Sacramento when he was injured. He was exceptionally good. I can see him ending up on TNT.

Comment

Jack = GOAT

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
        Jack = GOAT

Jack was trying to achieve his dream of playing in the nba vicariously through his sons lol
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Jack is just a genuinely good guy. You could always hear it come through the broadcasts but I had no idea he was brave/giving enough to do what he did for those kids. Amazing.

Comment

I don't really like Jack as a colour guy but all new respect for him today

Comment

Listening to Marv and Reggie tonight for the Celtics v 76ers game reminded me how much I hate Matt and Jacks commentary style. Lol

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                Listening to Marv and Reggie tonight for the Celtics v 76ers game reminded me how much I hate Matt and Jacks commentary style. Lol
                that was kevin harlan who is great and whose voice does sound a little like marv. reggie sucks though and i can't stand listening to him.

marv is calling this warriors game and he's so awful i can't believe he still has a job. like i understand his voice is nostalgic for many but the game passed him by decades ago and he has no idea what's happening. i'm either cringing or lol'ing, but not in a good way. chris webber is god awful as well and somehow even worse than reggie.

i love watching games on TNT for their production and the inside the NBA guys but three quarters of their A-team announcing duos are absolutely brutal.

kevin mchale's the best colour guy they have by far since steve kerr started coaching, i dunno why he's not in there with harlan over reggie or webber.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                  that was kevin harlan who is great and whose voice does sound a little like marv. reggie sucks though and i can't stand listening to him.

marv is calling this warriors game and he's so awful i can't believe he still has a job. like i understand his voice is nostalgic for many but the game passed him by decades ago and he has no idea what's happening. i'm either cringing or lol'ing, but not in a good way. chris webber is god awful as well and somehow even worse than reggie.

i love watching games on TNT for their production and the inside the NBA guys but three quarters of their A-team announcing duos are absolutely brutal.

kevin mchale's the best colour guy they have by far since steve kerr started coaching, i dunno why he's not in there with harlan over reggie or webber.
                  Right, Kevin Harlan, thanks. Like him alot. I don't mind Reggie, insofar as I am mostly just able to ignore him; there's no ignoring Jack Armstrong and Matt Devlin without using Mute. Lol

And ya, I really like McHale as well. Would love to see him on the TNT games.
                  Last edited by Joey; Wed Oct 17, 2018, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Right, Kevin Harlan, thanks. Like him alot. I don't mind Reggie, insofar as I am mostly just able to ignore him; there's no ignoring Jack Armstrong and Matt Devlin without using Mute. Lol

you can ignore reggie?! please teach me your zen meditation technique.

i dunno i like jack, and matt is a geek but i feel like he knows the game pretty well and he's still a lot better than many of the local guys employed by teams (hell even national guys. he does call for TNT occasionally).

leo is a joyless stick in the mud and absolutely shite at parties, but i feel like on the whole the team could be worse. (the production is another story)

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                      you can ignore reggie?! please teach me your zen meditation technique.

i dunno i like jack, and matt is a geek but i feel like he knows the game pretty well and he's still a lot better than many of the local guys employed by teams (hell even national guys. he does call for TNT occasionally).

leo is a joyless stick in the mud and absolutely shite at parties, but i feel like on the whole the team could be worse. (the production is another story)
                      Pretty accurate description, Matt and Jack are not bad at all tbh. Reggie on the other hand is so trash, he's the king of cringe

Comment

Underrated part of league pass is the option to listen to opposing teams announcers. Some are great and offer a fresh perspective, and if they are garbage, no harm listening to Matt and Jack.

Comment

Kevin Harlan, Hubie Brown, Doris Burke, Mike Breen, Ian Eagle, etc. Lots of great announcers on US national TV.

But as far as local broadcast teams, Matt and Jack (and to a lesser extent, Leo), aren't too bad.

Comment

Kevin Harlan is probably the game's best. Mike Breen is solid, Marv Albert is a legend, Ryan Ruocco (called the Raptors/Celtics game the other night), and Mark Jones (Paul Jones' brother) are probably the best play-by-play guys in the league.

Ian Eagle for the Nets' broadcasts is awesome, he calls games on TNT, too.

So, when comparing to Matt, I can understand why people don't like him, but I think he's solid, and also used to call games along Mike Fratello. He also calls for TNT during postseason when Raptors are out, but this was a few years back before all the playoff appearances.

Again, I think Matt & Jack are one of the best pairs, Matt & Leo, on the other hand? Holy shit, I felt like I was going to fall asleep last night vs. Charlotte.

Some of my favourite colour commentators have to be Doris Burke, Hubie Brown, Greg Anthony, Jim Barnett on GSW's broadcasts is great, and Sean Elliot on the Spurs' side is dope, too.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                            X