Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #1: Chicago Bulls 100 - Toronto Raptors 117

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maury wrote: View Post
    Well JV was switching yesterday, and he played good defence (better than Ibaka IMO).
    DanH wrote: View Post
    They were switching with JV too. There were two plays I recall in particular he did a good job - once he stuck with a guard on a switch and forced the pass, another he actually denied the guard the ball.
    Yeah, they got away with it against probably the worse guard rotation in the league. I dont think we see JV switching against better competition. He did hold his own on those two scenarios.

    DD/KL/Ibaka really didnt put much effort in this game. It is the Bulls after all. Even with that I still Ibaka was solid on D.

    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

    Comment


    • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Yeah, they got away with it against probably the worse guard rotation in the league. I dont think we see JV switching against better competition. He did hold his own on those two scenarios.

      DD/KL/Ibaka really didnt put much effort in this game. It is the Bulls after all. Even with that I still Ibaka was solid on D.

      Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      I agree they shouldn't switch against better guards. Of course I don't think Ibaka or Poeltl should be switched against better guards either.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • DanH wrote: View Post
        I agree they shouldn't switch against better guards. Of course I don't think Ibaka or Poeltl should be switched against better guards either.
        I disagree, I think they are more than capable.

        Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

        Comment


        • TRex wrote: View Post
          Everyone's talking about JV and OG and Miles, they all played well but Wright imo was the most impressive Raptor last night.

          I'm still skeptical about him though because he can't shoot. But he was great last night.
          He was great. Just looked up the advanced stats box score his Ortg was 185!!

          Comment


          • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I disagree, I think they are more than capable.

            Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            this is like the "biyombo can guard lebron on the perimeter" cognitive dissonance all over again.

            Comment


            • KHD wrote: View Post
              this is like the "biyombo can guard lebron on the perimeter" cognitive dissonance all over again.
              Don't waste your time man...

              Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • Finally caught the game. Couldn't watch it all last night and work got busy this morning.

                Here are my takes:
                - Wright was fantastic. I don't know if he'll ever develop a consistent shot but his driving, dishing and defense were top notch. Too bad he's already 25 years old. I'm giving him first star.

                - JV was rock solid. His mobility especially. I hope that continues. He's getting the 2nd star.

                - CJ was the man.. so smooth but unlike Ross was consistent. He'll have some off nights though. Glad last night wasn't one of those. 3rd star for the man with 6 3 pointers.

                - OG looking good.. may not get the invite to the rookie game because there are way too many high caliber rookies this year.. but in 2-3 years this kid's going to be real special.

                - Poeltl was meh. Not sure what's up with him but he looked better last year. Would have preferred to see Bebe get his minutes last night.

                - Loved DD's mental approach to the game. I hope its not just a one time thing but a trend.

                - Serge wasn't that great. He's been pretty consistent in the past though so I suspect he will turn it around.

                - We didn't need Lowry in this game, but wished he shot better. And I hope his wrist is alright. Last thing we need is another wrist injury.

                - Powell was good.. like him in the starting unit.

                - The Bulls are terrible.. probably worse than the Nets were last year. They might not get 10 wins this year.

                Also what's up with the knee high socks? Those seem so uncomfortable to play in?

                Comment


                • KHD wrote: View Post
                  this is like the "biyombo can guard lebron on the perimeter" cognitive dissonance all over again.
                  Biyombo has probably done the best job out of anyone in raps uniform when it come to LBJ. We actually one a couple games against Cavs in playoffs with that strategy. Being able to switch 1-5 and be on string is very beneficial on defense. If you have the right personnel. That's one of reasons the warriors are so special on defense.

                  Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

                  Comment


                  • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    I disagree, I think they are more than capable.

                    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    Something about taking one of the best rim defenders of the last 8 years away from the rim...

                    Keep in mind though, just because several teams want to switch everything doesn't mean its the right way to always play. Spurs where one of few teams to shut down the Rockets last year, and it wasn't because they went super small and switched everything.
                    Last edited by DogeLover1234; Fri Oct 20th, 2017, 03:10 PM.

                    Comment


                    • DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                      Something about taking one of the best rim defenders of the last 8 years away from the rim...

                      Keep in mind though, just because several teams want to switch everything doesn't mean its the right way to always play. Spurs where one of few teams to shut down the Rockets last year, and it wasn't because they went super small and switched everything.
                      He ia going to be away from the rim guarding stretch 4s anyways.

                      Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

                      Comment


                      • Comment


                        • Are the Bulls the only team without an ad on their jersey??

                          Comment


                          • I've seen a few people lump Ibaka, Demar and Lowry together as having bad nights. I didn't see it that way.

                            Demar was clearly working on his playmaking and wasn't forcing his scoring game. He played a solid all around game for a guy who was clearly not giving 100% against a garbage team.

                            Lowry had a tidy line, and really since he didn't have to play as much with the bench with FVV getting a stint, and we had other guys scoring his pts were a bit low. But 12 pts on 7fgas is just fine.

                            Both guys tried to force some passes and had too many turnovers, but if we're really trying to shift our playing style that's a bit expected.

                            Ibaka was garbage and hasn't looked like he gives a shit pretty much going back to the start of preseason. Maybe he just doesn't care about meaningless/easy games, maybe he is just a bit behind in conditioning and needs a couple of weeks to get his game legs back. Lets hope either way that it's not a long term issue (body language a bit concerning though).

                            Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X