Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Like to See Tony Parker in Toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim W.
    replied
    Yes, Buddahfan, I'm sure those trades would work for you. Somehow, I can't see them working for, you know, the other teams.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Hedo and Jack for Parker would work for me if they can sign Parker to an extension.

Then trade Calderon and Belinelli for Prince

Resign Bosh and Johnson

Sign S. Blake for the MLE

Start

Bosh
    Bargnani
    Prince
    DeRozan/Weems
    Parker

Bench

Johnson
    Weems/DeRozan
    Blake
    1st Round Pick

Evans?
    Banks?

Plus 3 guys 2 at the vet minimum and 1 undrafted rookie?

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    hateslosing wrote: View Post
    It's only ridiculous if no one else wants Bosh. If we're getting offers and the spurs want him, what's the big deal about trading your bench point guard, a small forward who has been unimpressive since you picked him up, and a pick for a guy who could become your franchise (Bosh) with Duncan and either a guy to replace Parker (Calderon) or a guy to replace Jefferson (Hedo). If I'm San Antonio it doesn't seem that bad a deal.
    The Raptors probably wish you were the Spurs GM. As a fan of both teams, I'm glad you're not.

Leave a comment:

• hateslosing
    replied
    It's only ridiculous if no one else wants Bosh. If we're getting offers and the spurs want him, what's the big deal about trading your bench point guard, a small forward who has been unimpressive since you picked him up, and a pick for a guy who could become your franchise (Bosh) with Duncan and either a guy to replace Parker (Calderon) or a guy to replace Jefferson (Hedo). If I'm San Antonio it doesn't seem that bad a deal.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    If Bosh returns? Sure. If Bosh doesn't re-sign, then there would be no point to trading for Parker his it's not going to either help rebuild the Raptors, or help make them a contender.

Now if they want to do that ridiculous sign and trade someone proposed that includes Parker, Jefferson and Blair, then I'd be all for it.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    I would love to see TP here. He's quick, can break down defenses, get to the hoop, and create for others. Question is - what would be the price?

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Oops ... my bad. Thanks for the merge Apollo.
    No problem.

Leave a comment:

• mo-sales
    replied
    Would Spurs be interested in Parker for Bargs?

Parker is the better player, but they need depth up front and Bargs/Blair would be a nice inside outside and maybe Duncan could teach Bargs how to play d.

Then ship Jose to anyone for hopefully a draft pick.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Oops ... my bad. Thanks for the merge Apollo.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    What About Tony Parker as a Raptor?

It sounds as though via Marc Stein from ESPN that the Spurs might be looking in a new direction and Parker might be available for the taking.

If your Colangelo, to you put in a call to the Spurs?

Marc Stein of ESPN.com writes that, according to sources, San Antonio is "increasingly optimistic about their ability to inject their front line with some new blood by convincing Brazilian forward Tiago Splitter ... to leave the European game to come to the NBA starting next season."

The Spurs drafted Splitter back in 2007.

Stein also wrote that Tony Parker, as strange as it sounds, is the team's best trade asset.

The point guard has one season at $13.5 million left on his contract and has reportedly been telling people that he is unsure about his future in San Antonio.
    Source - Click here

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    I'd take TP here in a second. Package him up with Blair and Splitter and I'd be pretty happy.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Apollo, can you arrange to bring Popovich over and give him the reins in TO? Now that would be adding value and we wouldnt have to give up anything except letting BC go. They are coming to a bit of an era end in SA and just maybe Pops is looking to get out of the daily coaching grind. Maybe he could even give JT a crash course in elite level NBA coaching and dry humour. It may even give Bosh pause.

Leave a comment:

• INFO
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    How does it fix the log jam at the point? By not creating one.
    haha good one

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Marz wrote: View Post
    I'm a little confused, how does swapping Calderon for Parker fix the log jam at the point?

I wouldn't mind Parker, but I would have preferred him 2 years ago. As it stands, trading for him now means we're trading for a 1 year rental. He may choose not to resign.
    How does it fix the log jam at the point? By not creating one.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    He is too expensive for what he brings to the table and the Raptors may have to shell out too many players to complete this deal.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing his wife (who probably will hate Toronto).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X