Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Wait a second.

You're drawing conclusions based off 11 games of data, I thought we weren't allowed to do that?

Not that I disagree with bringing Miles off the bench, but a lot of hypocrisy here. Any time something gets brought up with adjusting the JV/Ibaka situation the response is "20 games guys, 20 games".
    Absolutely it's a small sample, I should have outright stated it but thought the minutes played totals spelled it out clearly enough.

It's an extreme trend though, unlike net ratings and defensive ratings which tend to differ by like 20%.

Anyway, my point with the 20 games is that we should rely on old data until we have enough new data - meaning we should not make (or advocate for) any changes based purely on current data until we have enough of it. Miles coming off the bench and Powell starting is still based on prior years data, which is more reliable than the 10 games we have. I was just pointing out that even if we really wanted to make the switch based on results so far (an outright bad idea as I've stated, and what people are advocating for based on a perception that Miles is not getting enough clean shots with the bench thus far), the existing data from this year does not support it, making the suggestion completely lack a leg to stand on. I would certainly never do anything so foolish as to suggest, for example, a change to the starting lineup based on samples as small as what is above.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

So Casey tried to play Bebe and Miles with Lowry/DD/Ibaka in the first quarter, but Bebe ended that experiment with 3 fouls in one minute. Thanks for nothing, Lucas.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        So Casey tried to play Bebe and Miles with Lowry/DD/Ibaka in the first quarter, but Bebe ended that experiment with 3 fouls in one minute. Thanks for nothing, Lucas.
        For the first time in human history, face tats made someone softer.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
          No, thanks for something. Allowed Poeltl to come in and be effective on both ends of the court, reminding casey that he's our #2
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Bebe getting 3 fouls made me smile not shake my head.. I knew then that Poeltl would get more burn and he proved himself quite capable in handling the twin towers.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Bebe getting 3 fouls made me smile not shake my head.. I knew then that Poeltl would get more burn and he proved himself quite capable in handling the twin towers.
              It made me do both...probably looked like a psycho.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

A pretty good piece on Casey playing 12 guys.

http://www.tsn.ca/raptors-experiment...ation-1.912035

There's been (fairly warranted) criticism in the past of the Raptors being purely a regular season team, unable to step it up in the playoffs. So if they're going with a new system, larger rotations to get everyone experience and keep players fresher for the playoffs, I'd lean towards it being a benefit. It's a careful balancing act for sure though.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  For the first time in human history, face tats made someone softer.
                  Hey! That’s racist!

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                    A pretty good piece on Casey playing 12 guys.

http://www.tsn.ca/raptors-experiment...ation-1.912035

There's been (fairly warranted) criticism in the past of the Raptors being purely a regular season team, unable to step it up in the playoffs. So if they're going with a new system, larger rotations to get everyone experience and keep players fresher for the playoffs, I'd lean towards it being a benefit. It's a careful balancing act for sure though.
                    FVV is pretty much what he is, so he should only get minutes if KL or Wright or another guard is out. Bebe is going to be a RFA or FA, he should be behind Poetl as the 4th C behind Serge and JV

Comment

Bebe has the best defensive rating out all 3 Cs at 97.6. Highest net rating as well at 7.6. That's why he plays. According to the stats he has earned it. Jakob DEFRTG is 100.0 w/ a NETRTG of 2.0. JV has a DEFRTG of 113.9 and NETRTG of 0.3. He plays the most minutes. If anything JV should be benched and JP/SI/Bebe should get all the center minutes. That wont happen though. Only hope is a trade.

http://stats.nba.com/player/202685/
                      http://stats.nba.com/player/1627751/
                      http://stats.nba.com/player/203512/
                      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Nov 14, 2017, 05:43 AM.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Bebe has the best defensive rating out all 3 Cs at 97.6. Highest net rating as well at 7.6. That's why he plays. According to the stats he has earned it. Jakob DEFRTG is 100.0 w/ a NETRTG of 2.0. JV has a DEFRTG of 113.9 and NETRTG of 0.3. He plays the most minutes. If anything JV should be benched and JP/SI/Bebe should get all the center minutes. That wont happen though. Only hope is a trade.

http://stats.nba.com/player/202685/
                        http://stats.nba.com/player/1627751/
                        http://stats.nba.com/player/203512/
                        I dont mind the Net Rating Values. Because there 5 man on the court and it also depends against the defense and offense these 5 players are facing. If you stuck one Player with hig net rating with 4 Players who dont have this rating so high, he will loose his rating very fast. So for me, this rating tells you nothing about the single player, because you have so much to take further in consideration.

For my reason, the Player Efficiency Rating is quite more effective to see how good a player is.

The PER for Yak, Bebe and JV:

Poeltl: PER = 21.05; VA = 29.2
                        Bebe: PER = 19.30; VA = 18.3
                        JV: PER = 19.09; VA = 21.4

If you consider this, Poeltl should be the starter! The Def and Net Rating is not the only thing to consider. If you want to win, you will also have to claim rebounds. And Poeltl is the best offense rebounder of our Centers creating good 2nd chances and hustles in rebound situation very well. Better than the others.

He has also good hands and nice passing qualities. He see the free man and has high Basketball IQ and is very solid in D.

Overall he's better than Bebe and has quite more room to develop and improve his play and skills. Bebe make one good game, than 2 bad games. Rebounds last game was out of travel and with no opponents around. This rebounds would claim also every other player on our roster not espacially Bebe. Yes, ha can block shots very well, but in normal D and making shots very difficult for the opponents Yak is way better.

If you take all stats and ratings in consideration, Poeltl should be the guy to go.

Comment

Thohr wrote: View Post
                          I dont mind the Net Rating Values. Because there 5 man on the court and it also depends against the defense and offense these 5 players are facing. If you stuck one Player with hig net rating with 4 Players who dont have this rating so high, he will loose his rating very fast. So for me, this rating tells you nothing about the single player, because you have so much to take further in consideration.

For my reason, the Player Efficiency Rating is quite more effective to see how good a player is.

The PER for Yak, Bebe and JV:

Poeltl: PER = 21.05; VA = 29.2
                          Bebe: PER = 19.30; VA = 18.3
                          JV: PER = 19.09; VA = 21.4

If you consider this, Poeltl should be the starter! The Def and Net Rating is not the only thing to consider. If you want to win, you will also have to claim rebounds. And Poeltl is the best offense rebounder of our Centers creating good 2nd chances and hustles in rebound situation very well. Better than the others.

He has also good hands and nice passing qualities. He see the free man and has high Basketball IQ and is very solid in D.

Overall he's better than Bebe and has quite more room to develop and improve his play and skills. Bebe make one good game, than 2 bad games. Rebounds last game was out of travel and with no opponents around. This rebounds would claim also every other player on our roster not espacially Bebe. Yes, ha can block shots very well, but in normal D and making shots very difficult for the opponents Yak is way better.

If you take all stats and ratings in consideration, Poeltl should be the guy to go.
                          If you take all that into consideration Yak should be starting. I'm not making any claim on who should be the guy. Just adding perspective. Instead of the current narritive of "Bebe shouldn't be playing. He sucks and soft". Bebe has earned the minutes he is getting.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Now i get your Point better and understand what you mean.

For me, the best thing would be: Poeltl starting, Bebe second (because of his blocks) and JV only depending on situation and matchup.

But Casey would never ever let a 15 mio guy benched the most time...

And so I also dont understand why Bebe gets last game 19 min over Poeltls 4 min.

Comment

Thohr wrote: View Post
                              Now i get your Point better and understand what you mean.

For me, the best thing would be: Poeltl starting, Bebe second (because of his blocks) and JV only depending on situation and matchup.

But Casey would never ever let a 15 mio guy benched the most time...

And so I also dont understand why Bebe gets last game 19 min over Poeltls 4 min.
                              I can't agree with you more. Other than two games against Chicago JV has been underwhelming. You right JV wont get benched. That's why I'm holding out for a trade. I truely think Raps would be better if Yak/Bebe were the Cs. With Ibaka getting spot minutes.

In regards to Sunday night, I think Casey was just writting the hot hand. Celtics couldn't get anything at the rim with Bebe there. 7rebs and 4blks is good production in 19 mins. Other than that missed fast break lay up I thought he had a good game.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Here's a dumb question from someone who doesn't keep up to date with the various changes to the game format....
                                ...didn't they change the number of timeout's each team gets per game? Does that impact mins. now because a coach is less likely to blow a timeout to get a player out of the game?

Comment

Working...
                                X