Game #13: Toronto Raptors 129 - Houston Rockets 113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LJ2 wrote: View Post
    What window are you referring to? As long as GS is around and players healthy there is no championship window for any other NBA team, as is currently constructed.

It's the first year of a new system and with little cap space to do anything. They weren't going to be able to load up on shooters one way or another. They will remain a decent team while building towards a future window.
    I'm tired of this excuse. Oh no, there was Heat, and Cavs and Warriors. I don't give a fuck. You either play for the ring or don't play at all.

It is the first year of "a new system", but let's not forget that Kyle and DeRozan are getting old. They're our main lads, our leaders and they set our window.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
      Tough loss against the Celtics on the road, now Harden and the Rockets on the road and the return of the Pelicans to complete the road trip just 2 games after the longest 6 game road trip of the season and out west....did I say road enough? schedule maker hates us.
      Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      This is going to be another really difficult game. We basically want to play like the Rockets except they have way better players for that style. Could see us getting blown out here.

They could easily get swept on this trip, had to win in Boston.
      Yes guys the right and just being realistic answer here is to default these two games and charter home and hide under the bed. That two year winning road record is simply an aberration. Quit now while you can. Avoid the embarrassment of showing up and trying to win when there clearly is no chance.

TRex wrote: View Post
      If you want to be a 3pt shooting team then you have to have more than 1 good 3pt shooter on your team.

Masai Ujiri pay attention to the Rockets roster.
      Forgot that..Fire Ujiri the mindless twit. This short sighted bottom feeder of an executive has screwed this organization beyond belief. MLSE should have bowed to public pressure a couple months ago to run his sorry ass out of town and instead of telling the Kicks to kiss their asses let him go to MSG for a second round draft choice. The new guy could use that 40 something pick to easily draft a lights out 3 point shooter.
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Nov 14, 2017, 01:19 PM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        I'm tired of this excuse. Oh no, there was Heat, and Cavs and Warriors. I don't give a fuck. You either play for the ring or don't play at all.

It is the first year of "a new system", but let's not forget that Kyle and DeRozan are getting old. They're our main lads, our leaders and they set our window.
        Death or glory !
        - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          Death or glory !
          It should be like that. No? I wouldn't say anything if this was 13/14 season. But it's not. We're past that "Fuck Brooklyn" stage. We're more experienced, so we should be shooting for the moon.

Comment

It should be like that. No? I wouldn't say anything if this was 13/14 season. But it's not. We're past that "Fuck Brooklyn" stage. We're more experienced, so we should be shooting for the moon.
            It's sounds all nice but Raptors never had a window. Let's be real
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              I disagree. We made it to the ECF. Do you remember our losses against the Warriors in the previous 2-3 seasons? Our lads are good enough to compete with the best in the NBA(even when Casey tried to hide DD on the defense.. we were good enough to beat anyone)...

We don't have LeBron, Durant or Splash Brothers... so our coaching(and front office!!) can't afford any fatal and/or strategic mistakes.
              Last edited by rocwell; Tue Nov 14, 2017, 01:37 PM.

Comment

I disagree. We made it to the ECF. Do you remember our losses against the Warriors in the previous 2-3 seasons? Our lads are good enough to compete with the best in the NBA(even when Casey tried to hide DD on the defense.. we are good enough to beat anyone)... But we don't have LeBron, Durant or Splash Brothers, so our coaching(and front office!!) can't afford any fatal and/or strategic mistakes.
                Making it to the ecf right now is like finishing 4th place in the 100m when Usain bolt is in his prime. Nice little feather in the cap but you're light years behind
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  Spot on..why take a shot with what you have built when you could simply be a team that waits for the offseason to see which free agents won’t play for a loser and who the crap shoot draft picks are in this year’s deepest draft ever mix.
                  - TGO

Comment

Comment

What are we even debating? Adding more 3 point shooters? Or somebody said "window"?

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        What are we even debating? Adding more 3 point shooters? Or somebody said "window"?
                        Window is a touchy subject. I should know better. Sorry.

Comment

Window is a touchy subject. I should know better. Sorry.
                          Window, treadmill and tank. The holy trinity of raptors republic

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Yes guys the right and just being realistic answer here is to default these two games and charter home and hide under the bed. That two year winning road record is simply an aberration. Quit now while you can. Avoid the embarrassment of showing up and trying to win when there clearly is no chance.

Forgot that..Fire Ujiri the mindless twit. This short sighted bottom feeder of an executive has screwed this organization beyond belief. MLSE should have bowed to public pressure a couple months ago to run his sorry ass out of town and instead of telling the Kicks to kiss their asses let him go to MSG for a second round draft choice. The new guy could use that 40 something pick to easily draft a lights out 3 point shooter.
                            Drama much?

Comment

I'm all for putting your best foot forward, and I think that is what management has done. But to get back to the point I was trying to make...they have changed their system in an attempt to change something that wasn't working. They weren't going to enter this season with the final product regardless of where they are in this perceived window.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Window, treadmill and tank. The holy trinity of raptors republic
                                We're tank free since 2013.

Comment

Working...
                                X