Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #16: Washington Wizards 91 - Toronto Raptors 100

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I feel like every tweet like this should come with a link to the ESPN article from what seems like yesterday that ranked Toronto as the worst sports city in north america (and somewhat justifiably)

    Comment


    • Jclaw wrote: View Post
      I feel like every tweet like this should come with a link to the ESPN article from what seems like yesterday that ranked Toronto as the worst sports city in north america (and somewhat justifiably)
      I don't think those ESPN rankings take CFL into consideration, and the Jays were pretty terrible last year.

      So it's really just the Leafs and Raps we're talking about.

      Comment


      • Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I don't think those ESPN rankings take CFL into consideration, and the Jays were pretty terrible last year.

        So it's really just the Leafs and Raps we're talking about.
        We used to be able to say "at least we're not cleveland" before lebron and that damn grinning Indian
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • DanH wrote: View Post
          Same goes for the opposition, of course.
          haha true but they get to leave after a single game

          Comment


          • Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I don't think those ESPN rankings take CFL into consideration, and the Jays were pretty terrible last year.

            So it's really just the Leafs and Raps we're talking about.
            Leafs, Raps and TFC.

            TFC fans are probably the best in Toronto. But that's cuz they have dedicated "fanclub" who chant and sing for full 90 mins.
            Last edited by rocwell; Mon Nov 20, 2017, 02:02 PM.

            Comment


            • rocwell wrote: View Post
              Leafs, Raps and TFC.

              TFC fans are probably the best in Toronto. But that's cuz they have dedicated "fanclub" who chant and sing for full 90 mins.
              Fans support we're a top 3 city overall imo. Finals appearances we're probably worst in North America of cities with 3 teams or more
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • rocwell wrote: View Post
                Leafs, Raps and TFC.

                TFC fans are probably the best in Toronto. But that's cuz they have dedicated "fanclub" who chant and sing for full 90 mins.
                Rock fans used to be great and the games were a lot of fun. That sport seems to have fallen off the radar in Toronto

                Comment


                • missed this game. glad we got the win.

                  highlights / box-score suggests that valanciunas still has no idea how to play against gortat for some reason.

                  get him to a psychologist lol.

                  Comment


                  • KHD wrote: View Post
                    missed this game. glad we got the win.

                    highlights / box-score suggests that valanciunas still has no idea how to play against gortat for some reason.

                    get him to a psychologist lol.
                    Valanciunas was really good in the 1st half, as were all the starters. House of cards fell apart in the 3rd, mostly on offence, oddly enough.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

                    Comment


                    • KHD wrote: View Post
                      missed this game. glad we got the win.

                      highlights / box-score suggests that valanciunas still has no idea how to play against gortat for some reason.

                      get him to a psychologist lol.
                      I don't understand his Gortat issues, he usually plays best against physical guys of similar size who play in the same spots on the floor, but the Polish Hammer keeps taking JV's lunch money.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                      Comment


                      • S.R. wrote: View Post
                        I don't understand his Gortat issues, he usually plays best against physical guys of similar size who play in the same spots on the floor, but the Polish Hammer keeps taking JV's lunch money.
                        Pistons fans say the same thing after every game vs JV lol
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • S.R. wrote: View Post
                          I don't understand his Gortat issues, he usually plays best against physical guys of similar size who play in the same spots on the floor, but the Polish Hammer keeps taking JV's lunch money.
                          I think sometimes Gortat gets lumped into the "bruising big" category because of his haircut (lol). But he's got some finesse to his game too.

                          EDIT: I mean, he was part of Nash's 7-seconds-or-less offense in Phoenix.

                          Can you imagine Jonas in an high-octane, run-and-gun offense? He'd never make it out of the center court circle.
                          Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Nov 20, 2017, 04:55 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I think sometimes Gortat gets lumped into the "bruising big" category because of his haircut (lol). But he's got some finesse to his game too.
                            Gortat needs to play a movie villain I don't know what's wrong with hollywood. He's creeds next opponent, or a giant in a marvel movie, or somebody the rock needs to punch in the face before saving the world
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Pistons fans say the same thing after every game vs JV lol
                              I just know Bebe can't start, Poeltl positions for rebounds really well but doesn't have the hands for significant offensive contribution and Siakam has great energy but let's be real, he just got all of 4 points .... fans like his hustle and energy more than his actual overall ability. All of them get regularly manhandled in the paint by the big bodies except Valanciunas.

                              I think there's room for a number of bigs on this team to play matchups but one thing I know for sure is you can't do without JV entirely right now. Maybe in a year when Poeltl get better efficiency numbers or both he and Siakam put on just a little banging weight.
                              Last edited by G__Deane; Mon Nov 20, 2017, 05:25 PM.

                              Comment


                              • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                I just know Bebe can't start, Poeltl positions for rebounds really well but doesn't have the hands for significant offensive contribution and Siakam has great energy but let's be real, he just got all of 4 points .... fans like his hustle and energy more than his actual overall ability. All of them get regularly manhandled in the paint by the big bodies except Valanciunas.

                                I think there's room for a number of bigs on this team to play matchups but one thing I know for sure is you can't do without JV entirely right now. Maybe in a year when Poeltl get better efficiency numbers or both he and Siakam put on just a little banging weight.
                                Huh? Poeltl's hands might be the best on the team.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X