X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tonious35
    replied
    JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    In certain scenarios (against G-State or Cleveland, for eg), I'm curious about a KL-DD-CJM-OG-PS lineup.
    That lineup is built for coming back from a usually improbable 17-20 point deficit in the 4th

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    In the last few games, he looked terrified to take contact as if he already had 5 fouls and then wasn't getting many minutes at all. I'm referring to against bruising bigs that will abuse he and Bebe particularly imo.

I like Jac and think he could be a good one but I just don't think he's a long term starter just yet. I believe we keep all of them and play matchups for now.
    I've changed my tune. I have no more beef with the "3 headed center" strategy.

1) I doubt Masai asked Casey to "showcase", but all 3 have SOME value in a late season trade. Rather than let one rot on the bench, they all have "rotation player on a good team" attached to their names

2) They all have different styles and come at you in waves, staying fresh, and also staying in game shape in case one of the 3 goes down to injury

3) Poeltl will get more consistent playing time some day. By this time next year, you can pretty much guarantee the log jam is gone, with at least 1 of the 3 gone, most likely of all Bebe, least likely of all Poeltl.

I'm now fine with riding this as long as we need to. Oh, and it's also more fouls to go around. 18 fouls to get our centers all out of the game lol

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Huh? Poeltl's hands might be the best on the team.
    In the last few games, he looked terrified to take contact as if he already had 5 fouls and then wasn't getting many minutes at all. I'm referring to against bruising bigs that will abuse he and Bebe particularly imo.

I like Jac and think he could be a good one but I just don't think he's a long term starter just yet. I believe we keep all of them and play matchups for now.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    I just know Bebe can't start, Poeltl positions for rebounds really well but doesn't have the hands for significant offensive contribution and Siakam has great energy but let's be real, he just got all of 4 points .... fans like his hustle and energy more than his actual overall ability. All of them get regularly manhandled in the paint by the big bodies except Valanciunas.

I think there's room for a number of bigs on this team to play matchups but one thing I know for sure is you can't do without JV entirely right now. Maybe in a year when Poeltl get better efficiency numbers or both he and Siakam put on just a little banging weight.
    Huh? Poeltl's hands might be the best on the team.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Pistons fans say the same thing after every game vs JV lol
    I just know Bebe can't start, Poeltl positions for rebounds really well but doesn't have the hands for significant offensive contribution and Siakam has great energy but let's be real, he just got all of 4 points .... fans like his hustle and energy more than his actual overall ability. All of them get regularly manhandled in the paint by the big bodies except Valanciunas.

I think there's room for a number of bigs on this team to play matchups but one thing I know for sure is you can't do without JV entirely right now. Maybe in a year when Poeltl get better efficiency numbers or both he and Siakam put on just a little banging weight.
    Last edited by G__Deane; Mon Nov 20, 2017, 05:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I think sometimes Gortat gets lumped into the "bruising big" category because of his haircut (lol). But he's got some finesse to his game too.
    Gortat needs to play a movie villain I don't know what's wrong with hollywood. He's creeds next opponent, or a giant in a marvel movie, or somebody the rock needs to punch in the face before saving the world

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    I don't understand his Gortat issues, he usually plays best against physical guys of similar size who play in the same spots on the floor, but the Polish Hammer keeps taking JV's lunch money.
    I think sometimes Gortat gets lumped into the "bruising big" category because of his haircut (lol). But he's got some finesse to his game too.

EDIT: I mean, he was part of Nash's 7-seconds-or-less offense in Phoenix.

Can you imagine Jonas in an high-octane, run-and-gun offense? He'd never make it out of the center court circle.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Nov 20, 2017, 04:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    I don't understand his Gortat issues, he usually plays best against physical guys of similar size who play in the same spots on the floor, but the Polish Hammer keeps taking JV's lunch money.
    Pistons fans say the same thing after every game vs JV lol

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    KHD wrote: View Post
    missed this game. glad we got the win.

highlights / box-score suggests that valanciunas still has no idea how to play against gortat for some reason.

get him to a psychologist lol.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    KHD wrote: View Post

highlights / box-score suggests that valanciunas still has no idea how to play against gortat for some reason.

Valanciunas was really good in the 1st half, as were all the starters. House of cards fell apart in the 3rd, mostly on offence, oddly enough.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    Leafs, Raps and TFC.

TFC fans are probably the best in Toronto. But that's cuz they have dedicated "fanclub" who chant and sing for full 90 mins.
    Rock fans used to be great and the games were a lot of fun. That sport seems to have fallen off the radar in Toronto

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    Leafs, Raps and TFC.

TFC fans are probably the best in Toronto. But that's cuz they have dedicated "fanclub" who chant and sing for full 90 mins.
    Fans support we're a top 3 city overall imo. Finals appearances we're probably worst in North America of cities with 3 teams or more

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I don't think those ESPN rankings take CFL into consideration, and the Jays were pretty terrible last year.

So it's really just the Leafs and Raps we're talking about.
    Leafs, Raps and TFC.

Last edited by rocwell; Mon Nov 20, 2017, 02:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Same goes for the opposition, of course.
    haha true but they get to leave after a single game

Leave a comment:

Working...
X